Jump to content
Don't create threads for AI songs

Rita Ora - “You Only Love Me”


Modus
 Share

Recommended Posts

Oh I really love this already. Hopefully Miss Rita snatches another hit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • GustavoBardusco

    41

  • SchmoodRing

    11

  • wildthaughts

    9

  • Akasaka Sad

    8

This "demo" sounds pretty final to me, definitely a bop but yeah this is giving 2015.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it’s dated but Your Song was a way worse lead imo. it’s not bad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

:deadbanana2: this is on the same tier as her recent dj collabs 

I expected more from a lead comeback single :gaycat7:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The final definitely seems to have some different lyrics going by the snippets. 

 

This leak does sound final from a production standpoint, but hopefully the drop is more fleshed out on the released version :jonny:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah it’s catchy but it literally couldve been on Phoenix, that drop is quite similar to Anywhere which is 5 years old now :rip: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

You Only Love Me

You For Me

Let You Love Me

Only Want You

 

literally how many times is she going to release the same song :rip:

she has the worst song titles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it sounds straight out of 2016 to the point where they took one of her old Roc Nation demos and reworked it for a release this year. 

 

Still, it’s classic Rita and a cute song. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Radio's going to eat this up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm so excited for the album

 

Rooting for this bop being a hit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just heard the demo.. its sound like the final version and its very bland. The break is very meeeeh. Anywhere its thousands times better

Edited by RB3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, RB3 said:

Just heard the demo.. its sound like the final version and its very bland. The break is very meeeeh. Anywhere its thousands times better

she never top anywhere I fear, the best pop song of the decade for a reason

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The demo sounds like a phoenix leftover

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The final version is basically the same, the only difference is some vocal and lyric changes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone mass uploading some random Spanish song to hide the leak :deadbanana2:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Junlin said:

Why she keeps teasing this with bikini photos. :gaycat7:

Hottie behaviour :crown:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Scandalous said:

yeah it’s catchy but it literally couldve been on Phoenix, that drop is quite similar to Anywhere which is 5 years old now :rip: 

I was thinking the same thing! I thought of Anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2023 at 2:00 PM, BlackJesus said:

The demo sounds like a phoenix leftover

came to say this. 

 

very disappointing, it feels like she didn’t evolve at all. i was expecting something fresh 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, iamluisfelipe said:

came to say this. 

 

very disappointing, it feels like she didn’t evolve at all. i was expecting something fresh 

Haven't heard it, but more than anything, are we surprised there's no growth?

 

Love her and feel she really has made the best of multiple anomaly situations, but the flip side of always being in survival mode is that there's never really been a window to cultivate any kind of ear or artistry. It's always been a case of "next thing, next thing, next thing, oh yeah I do music, next thing".

 

I also feel she's the embodiment of "how you start is how it'll go". She came in on that early 2010s generic Pop float and her launch seemed more about creating a new Rihanna (who herself used to survive on generic bops) than it was about creating an artist with a unique angle. 

 

If ever you're looking for a chuckle, watch any interview of Rita trying to explain the concept or sound of her material. It ranges from reach to random. It's part of the charm, but yeah...she's been doing generic. It's essentially her thing. 

 

All that to say, I'm still looking forward to this generic bop lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Haven't heard it, but more than anything, are we surprised there's no growth?

 

Love her and feel she really has made the best of multiple anomaly situations, but the flip side of always being in survival mode is that there's never really been a window to cultivate any kind of ear or artistry. It's always been a case of "next thing, next thing, next thing, oh yeah I do music, next thing".

 

I also feel she's the embodiment of "how you start is how it'll go". She came in on that early 2010s generic Pop float and her launch seemed more about creating a new Rihanna (who herself used to survive on generic bops) than it was about creating an artist with a unique angle. 

 

If ever you're looking for a chuckle, watch any interview of Rita trying to explain the concept or sound of her material. It ranges from reach to random. It's part of the charm, but yeah...she's been doing generic. It's essentially her thing. 

 

All that to say, I'm still looking forward to this generic bop lol. 

i think we won’t agree on this topic (and that’s ok tho). 

 

but i do think she evolved with time… she still can make “generic” pop music with her sound evolving. which was not the case here (at least from the demo). Bang was a perfect example how she can change her sound, sound fresh and still be pop music. same with IWNLYD, same with Phoenix. i’m not saying she has to reinvent the wheel, but she can create something different from her previous songs. this one is “anywhere” recycled. nothing new. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is just... a safe single. She's not charting for over 2 years at least and this is her first proper solo release in a while. It's not that deep. This release is more about her relaunch on radio/streaming than anything else. And I bet this is not a proper representation of the album she's releasing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...