Rita Ora - “You Only Love Me”

Modus

Oh I really love this already. Hopefully Miss Rita snatches another hit. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GustavoBardusco

• SchmoodRing

• Gerry I Shot

• Luis Gustavo

This "demo" sounds pretty final to me, definitely a bop but yeah this is giving 2015.

it’s dated but Your Song was a way worse lead imo. it’s not bad 

:deadbanana2: this is on the same tier as her recent dj collabs 

I expected more from a lead comeback single :gaycat7:

The final definitely seems to have some different lyrics going by the snippets. 

This leak does sound final from a production standpoint, but hopefully the drop is more fleshed out on the released version :jonny:

yeah it’s catchy but it literally couldve been on Phoenix, that drop is quite similar to Anywhere which is 5 years old now :rip: 

• ATRL Moderator
On 1/3/2023 at 4:28 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

You Only Love Me

You For Me

Let You Love Me

Only Want You

literally how many times is she going to release the same song :rip:

she has the worst song titles

it sounds straight out of 2016 to the point where they took one of her old Roc Nation demos and reworked it for a release this year. 

Still, it’s classic Rita and a cute song. 

I'm so excited for the album

Rooting for this bop being a hit

Just heard the demo.. its sound like the final version and its very bland. The break is very meeeeh. Anywhere its thousands times better

Edited by RB3

33 minutes ago, RB3 said:

Just heard the demo.. its sound like the final version and its very bland. The break is very meeeeh. Anywhere its thousands times better

she never top anywhere I fear, the best pop song of the decade for a reason

2 hours ago, Junlin said:

Why she keeps teasing this with bikini photos. :gaycat7:

Hottie behaviour :crown:

19 hours ago, Scandalous said:

yeah it’s catchy but it literally couldve been on Phoenix, that drop is quite similar to Anywhere which is 5 years old now :rip: 

I was thinking the same thing! I thought of Anywhere.

On 1/7/2023 at 2:00 PM, BlackJesus said:

The demo sounds like a phoenix leftover

came to say this. 

very disappointing, it feels like she didn’t evolve at all. i was expecting something fresh 

7 minutes ago, iamluisfelipe said:

came to say this. 

very disappointing, it feels like she didn’t evolve at all. i was expecting something fresh 

Haven't heard it, but more than anything, are we surprised there's no growth?

Love her and feel she really has made the best of multiple anomaly situations, but the flip side of always being in survival mode is that there's never really been a window to cultivate any kind of ear or artistry. It's always been a case of "next thing, next thing, next thing, oh yeah I do music, next thing".

I also feel she's the embodiment of "how you start is how it'll go". She came in on that early 2010s generic Pop float and her launch seemed more about creating a new Rihanna (who herself used to survive on generic bops) than it was about creating an artist with a unique angle. 

If ever you're looking for a chuckle, watch any interview of Rita trying to explain the concept or sound of her material. It ranges from reach to random. It's part of the charm, but yeah...she's been doing generic. It's essentially her thing. 

All that to say, I'm still looking forward to this generic bop lol. 

16 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Haven't heard it, but more than anything, are we surprised there's no growth?

Love her and feel she really has made the best of multiple anomaly situations, but the flip side of always being in survival mode is that there's never really been a window to cultivate any kind of ear or artistry. It's always been a case of "next thing, next thing, next thing, oh yeah I do music, next thing".

I also feel she's the embodiment of "how you start is how it'll go". She came in on that early 2010s generic Pop float and her launch seemed more about creating a new Rihanna (who herself used to survive on generic bops) than it was about creating an artist with a unique angle. 

If ever you're looking for a chuckle, watch any interview of Rita trying to explain the concept or sound of her material. It ranges from reach to random. It's part of the charm, but yeah...she's been doing generic. It's essentially her thing. 

All that to say, I'm still looking forward to this generic bop lol. 

i think we won’t agree on this topic (and that’s ok tho). 

but i do think she evolved with time… she still can make “generic” pop music with her sound evolving. which was not the case here (at least from the demo). Bang was a perfect example how she can change her sound, sound fresh and still be pop music. same with IWNLYD, same with Phoenix. i’m not saying she has to reinvent the wheel, but she can create something different from her previous songs. this one is “anywhere” recycled. nothing new. 

This is just... a safe single. She's not charting for over 2 years at least and this is her first proper solo release in a while. It's not that deep. This release is more about her relaunch on radio/streaming than anything else. And I bet this is not a proper representation of the album she's releasing. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.