K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

41 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're the group to finally challenge BTS and BLACKPINKs chokehold on the global market. The gap between those 2 and the other groups is like night and day, HYBE is genuinely way too competent of a company, they have amazing choreographers, amazing vocal training (NJ's vocals are nowhere near good but all of them are decent at the minimum and that's better than the average K-pop group :rip:), the members have the same advantage of BP (3/5 English speakers, with the 4th and 5th having fluent English pronunciation.

NJ1 will be their global breakout era I fear and HYBE is already preparing them for it, I can already see the Coca Cola and McDonalds sponsorships in the music videos :toofunny3: 

To be fair though UNLIKE BLACKPINK (yes YG) who gets made to release kinda shitty songs sometimes NJ has never missed yet! Their brand of r&b trap pop is girly as hell and I ******* love it and I wanna hear more. I love that they use very quirky synth sounds and have trap beats layered all over their songs :jonny5:

I wouldn’t write it better :clap3:

33 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

wtf is this :ahh: its serving male momo and nayeon :ahh: 

:bibliahh: he outdid Twice with this, once again! 

28 minutes ago, Froufrou said:

You say what, noone beside bangpinktwice manage to make a noise being the top of something in international streaming and social media platforms. Getting deals are easy, especially as GG, maintaining it is harder. 

OMG is is still top 40 on Spotify ww, 3 months after the release (don’t try it with playlisting, it was added to TTH on 10.02, a month after the release and it was getting around 3m daily streams before that) - when was the last time Twice did it? :rip:

Edited by Hazy

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Froufrou said:

You say what, noone beside bangpinktwice manage to make a noise being the top of something in international streaming and social media platforms. Getting deals are easy, especially as GG, maintaining it is harder. 

sneaking in Twice like we wouldnt notice

what is sending me is him taking out his in ear and still sounding DISGUSTING

that autotune caused a permanent damage to Jimin’s hearing and singing abilities it seems :bibliahh: at least he’s still capable to keep up with the dance routine without delays :clap3:

Just now, WeFoundWill said:

MY gawd :rip: 

omg how is it possible to sound this bad for someone who has been singing professionally for 10 years

why does he sound like me when I try to sing in shower

ariolaswiffers.gif

4 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

what is sending me is him taking out his in ear and still sounding DISGUSTING

my favs could never...

NCT being drunk having fun and still singing perfectly

the new aespa song is a bop

and that chorus!:clap3:

3onY.gif

6 minutes ago, TheCal said:

omg how is it possible to sound this bad for someone who has been singing professionally for 10 years

why does he sound like me when I try to sing in shower

ariolaswiffers.gif

idk I think your shower encore probably outsold :rip: 

5 minutes ago, DelRey said:

my favs could never...

NCT being drunk having fun and still singing perfectly

talented and good looking :clap3:

1 hour ago, Sorecer said:

oh damn this is really good 

OKAY ROBYN :jonny3:

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

Obama would bomb SMs building, SNSD comeback CANCELLED :deadbanana4:

But forreal I don't think 1st world countries would invite any other group, probably BTS, BP, and like idk TXT, aespa (via SM payola) or SKZ?

Actually SKZ have already done it back in 2021 where the president of Korea and the president of Dubai had a dinner/meeting. SKZ were representing Korea and the culture, and they ATE THE STAGE! :clap3:4th gen leaders always a step ahead of their peers and doing things years before others gets to do it :clap3:

34 minutes ago, TheCal said:

oh they ate:jonnycat:

but not them getting invited to perform without doing interview with Kimmel

dionne3.gif

we need bigger US promos but I guess I'm expecting from JYP too much:giraffe:

They have a very bright future ahead of them, their upcoming comeback is going to break records I fear, and JYPIG will finally push them in the US. 

dionne3.gif

20 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

sneaking in Twice like we wouldnt notice

TWICE are literally the best selling female Kpop act of all time and 3rd overall, nobody is sneaking anything like get it together please

dionne3.gif

Edited by Pluto2022

I just heard a show on NPR use the instrumental for Left Right as a transition to commercial break :jonny6:

probably the most unexpected place to hear it

1 hour ago, harrythevifan said:

That part of the interview was deleted almost as fast as bugAboo.

:cm:

nnnn :dies:

jfc that jimin encore :deadbanana2:

his lead vocalist position should be taken away from him, being a main dancer is enough

2 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

TWICE are literally the best selling female Kpop act of all time and 3rd overall, nobody is sneaking anything like get it together please

dionne3.gif

"You say what, noone beside bangpinktwice manage to make a noise being the top of something in international streaming and social media platforms. Getting deals are easy, especially as GG, maintaining it is harder. "

so yeah BTS and BP are in a different level :giraffe:

5 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

dionne3.gif

but it was about the streaming and social media presence :huh:

1 minute ago, Sorecer said:

"You say what, noone beside bangpinktwice manage to make a noise being the top of something in international streaming and social media platforms. Getting deals are easy, especially as GG, maintaining it is harder. "

so yeah BTS and BP are in a different level :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Hazy said:

but it was about the streaming and social media presence :huh:

Well TWICE are the 3rd most streamed Kpop act of all time after BTS & BP, so they are part of the trinity I fear :fish2:

When do RV concert tickets go on sale? I would like an excuse to go to Paris again

19 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

OKAY ROBYN :jonny3:

wait this is such an accurate description. imagine the song doing something for them in Europe :jonny3:

14 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Well TWICE are the 3rd most streamed Kpop act of all time after BTS & BP, so they are part of the trinity I fear :fish2:

how many streams does twice have in total?

Edited by jeanie

Really like the aespa track, I wish it was on Spotify 

5 minutes ago, Red Velvet said:

New Aespa song is great :jamming:  Wish it was a bit longer 

for sure its too short, i need more,:jonny:

they need to release the extended version:ducky:

Edited by TheCal