K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

2 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

why is this so SHORT

sM86uAo.gif

OT: KPOP fans thinking HYBE is a foster home now or something is so funny :bibliahh: Especially when it's about to be like 3 years since they last acquired a major company. Serving everyone with P-Nation a couple years back

exactly

and when HYBE actually buys a company, the kpop stans keep screaming "MONOPOLY!1!!"

people are never satisfied

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

NCT as brand concept has failed

Stop spreading lies.

10 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

Nct get one every year 

Shooting star 935k streams. :WAP: Can Hybe buy Avex.  

They keep reaching new peaks and they will soon chart on Spotify global :WAP:

I have a very good feeling about their future :WAP:

2 minutes ago, TasteOfYourLips said:

LSM is truly unhinged :ahh:Not him suing his own company and knowing this is SM he will probably jail some executive/manager by doing this (and possibly himself if they decide to countersue because he has anything but clean hands).

Good tho, SM's music has really sucked in the past 2 years, NCT as brand concept has failed and Kwangya is horrible. Time to retire

SM seriously need to get rid of the NCT sound and the KWANGYA bull**** that are both haunting their entire roster

:rip:

spacer.png

Edited by katyberry

Kwangya has done more damage to SM than ever before.. it was a mistake to make everyone in SM a 'Kwangya' resident. The concept feels like a huge metaverse advert its annoying.

WE NEED HYBE TO BUY YUEHUA KOREA AND SAVE EVERGLOW CAUSE THEY NEED THE HYBE PAYOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everglow-ladida.gif

Edited by Pluto2022

1 minute ago, ItsJustMe. said:

people need to respect the old man

just a little while ago his kwangya fantasy was slaying the charts on all fronts

it was slaying because of the music first and foremost

absolutely no one cared about naevis, kosmo, flat and kwangya except for sheep

9 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Kwangya has done more damage to SM than ever before.. it was a mistake to make everyone in SM a 'Kwangya' resident. The concept feels like a huge metaverse advert its annoying.

right :deadbanana: it should’ve been aespa’s concept only like why include other groups when they all have their own thing

3 hours ago, katyberry said:

Her impact but at the same time this is so nasty! Exploiting aespa but treating them like **** 

what the :deadbanana2: this is so weird

2 hours ago, Sept said:

Please Irene is 32 :rip: 

and many of the most successful pop stars right now are between 28-35. your point?

Edited by Lost In Paradise

6 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

FoXUsOyaMAEg2Wn?format=jpg&name=4096x409
FoXUtaoaAAIPG5P?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Mother:WAP:

Queen :jonnycat: so pretty.

Lowkey thought they would go for something more risky but elegant is still cute :bird:

5 minutes ago, Flomik said:

it was slaying because of the music first and foremost

absolutely no one cared about naevis, kosmo, flat and kwangya except for sheep

i still feel like it's a fun idea

but you can only do something as epic as a universe if everything is though out and there's budget

that's where it went wrong (plus the wrong song choices etc. lol)

:swan:It's kinda giving fathers & daughters musically.:swan:

Edited by DanyelP23

This time last year SM had multiple hits, 2 PAKS within 3 months of each other. Even NCT dream + red velvet were close to getting a RAK. Things only changed in the 2nd half of 2022 when they started giving their girl groups nct rejects to make them underperform on purpose by Chris Lee

Edited by katyberry

10 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

and many of the most successful pop stars right now are between 28-35. your point?

Ageism in kpop is crazy. Irene and Boa are called hags meanwhile Taylor, Beyoncé and Rihanna are reaching a new peak. 

i don’t care if HYBE is a monopoly or not they need to save my XG girls :jonny6:

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

Nct get one every year 

Shooting star 935k streams. :WAP: Can Hybe buy Avex.  

Still better than the atrocities that Itzy release and now also chart better too :gaycat3:

5 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

:dies: I love him @kendoll2001

Vernon tryna be cute lol

also not bad, I know it will grow some more

Such clowns :laugh: Can’t wait to see them perform on the music shows this week. So proud of BSS, our “4th Gen” it boys :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

:rip:

spacer.png

PREACH RANDOM KNETZ

FORCE YYJ INTO RETIREMENT

BEGON DEMON! :jonny5:

Taeyeon's success in her 30s is truly unfounded in Kpop. I think only Lee Hyori has had comparable success at such as age coming off being an idol. BoA's commercial success dramatically declined.

The fact that she got her biggest hit (4 Seasons) at 30 years old is madly impressive. And she's still bagging hits to this day. It's insane when you think idols are considered "old" by 27-28

Taelent music is top tier because of her link with SM & their producers, kinda afraid of what’s coming for her career if SM truly is finished.

she’s the only one in SM nowadays releasing good music so the industrih lost I fear.

as for aespa….the girls had massive potential but we’ve got newjeans and lesserafim now so whatevs

RV has been selling well & can potentially revive their career with good music, if someone with a good vision takes over their management and them start rihleasing Bad Boy/Psycho 2.0, with good promo they will fly to the top of kpoop popularity omg, hybe adopt them please