K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Eunwoo is definitely the current benchmark for “It Boy” status. HYBE definitely has pushed Yeonjun. He’s still the only one with an IG — and has been courting Burberry for months now in endless sponsored posts

I’m surprised they’re not pushing Soobin at the same time

• Replies 133k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

finally now new jeans is next its on 800k and they will have two 1 million seller albums :wanda:

9 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Eunwoo is definitely the current benchmark for “It Boy” status. HYBE definitely has pushed Yeonjun. He’s still the only one with an IG — and has been courting Burberry for months now in endless sponsored posts

I’m surprised they’re not pushing Soobin at the same time

maybe because the boys aren't ready to make individual ig accounts yet, they revealed that they were asked if they want to make one but they declined... and for the soobin part, soobin is also getting pushed, he recently got his first solo magazine cover, he went with yeonjun with the channel event and he was a guest in various youtube variety shows like the lee youngji show, Jong kook, etc.

Just now, jeanie said:

soobin is also getting pushed, he recently got his first solo magazine cover, he went with yeonjun with the channel event and he was a guest in various youtube variety shows like the lee youngji show, Jong kook, etc.

I’m ready to follow Miss Soobin on Insta :allears:

44 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Both :date3:

About the music, I kind of talked a bit earlier today. I'm expecting them to release a more EDM/Hip-Hop/Rock-ish sound and less popp-ish/groovy like Maniac and Case 143. Mostly because of Lolla. I think they will focus on choosing songs that fit more the mood of the festival for their next album and will be more effective to hype up the crowd. 

I also think It's been some time since they did something like that for title tracks, so I'd like to see them coming back to a harder sound. 

About the numbers, I'm not expecting a big growth in physicals similar to Maxident from Oddinary. Probably something closer to the 300~200k from Noeasy to Oddinary. Unless their chinese bars and their success on Japan (due to Case 143's performance) surprise me. 

Their Spotify streams is hard to measure. It really depends on the song. If they catch casuals' attention like Maniac/God's Menu I see It being a bigger performance, since the plaform grew in comparison to last year. If It's only supported by the fandom, then similar/slighty better than Case 143. If It's hated, then Thunderous' level. They will never completely flop there cause their fandom is too big and they don't depend on casuals to make numbers. 

This is the only artist tweet that Sabrina liked... :jonny5: 

10 minutes ago, jeanie said:

finally now new jeans is next its on 800k and they will have two 1 million seller albums :wanda:

Wow, queens! :gaycatina1:

4 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I’m ready to follow Miss Soobin on Insta :allears:

I fear if he will make one, his insta would be full of odi pics and boyfriend pics taken by seonghwa :deadbanana4:

The way they put the others in the caption, even though only TWICE and SKZ appear  :deadbanana2:

Speaking of Soobin he's been serving in all these teasers and is standing out the most to me this time around. He fits these flower-boy concepts extremely well. Him in the thumbnail of the latest sugar ride rush teaser :jonny5:I'm ready to re-stan 

12 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

Speaking of Soobin he's been serving in all these teasers and is standing out the most to me this time around. He fits these flower-boy concepts extremely well. Him in the thumbnail of the latest sugar ride rush teaser :jonny5:I'm ready to re-stan 

Right, his face has never been more SNATCHED :jonny3: 

55 minutes ago, fais_2311 said:

I have so many Changbin photocards to let go or trade to Seungmin but no one want Changbin :deadbanana4:

34 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I’m more of a Bang Me Chan myself, but Hyunjin is objectively very good looking 

I feel bad for Changbin. He’s the least popular just cause of his visual, when he’s arguably one of the funniest and nicest members in SKZ. And such a talented rapper, and constantly serving body ody ody. #JusticeForChangbin

Yeah Changbin is the least popular SKZ members despite he's getting viral for the Jutdae, standing beside Yeonjun and being the NewJennies Tokki/Bunny. Oh well I guess the girls and gay Stays prefer Bang Me Chan for the muscular guy.

Speaking of Bang Chan, I just literally burst out laughing when I saw this.

1 hour ago, jeanie said:

is this another record for them or something? like, they should be the fastest act to reach 1million album sales right? :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Flomik said:

not THE PRESIDENT OF FRANCE HIMSELF being the photographer :deadbanana2:

:deadbanana2:

also, we need that Pharrel produced BLACKPINK song! :WAP:

Why are you guys calling eunwoo bland and proceed to praise Suzy at the same time? Suzy is the definition of bland AND talentless

9 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

is this another record for them or something? like, they should be the fastest act to reach 1million album sales right? :deadbanana2:

for a group, yes. not quite sure about overall tho maybe some bts/blackpink solo achieved it the fastest

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

This is the only artist tweet that Sabrina liked... :jonny5: 

now if SM is actually smart enough, aespa is gonna snatch that bbhot100 hit faster than newjennies :WAP:

lsm come on

7 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

now if SM is actually smart enough, aespa is gonna snatch that bbhot100 hit faster than newjennies :WAP:

lsm come on

Nonsense is awful and will be a stain to aespa’s discography (along with Forever) :bird:

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Because you barely see any Stays calling Hyunjin an it-boy like Moas does with Yeonjun. The term/title "4th gen it boy" is only associated with Yeonjun even though that title doesn't exist.  

But Ni-Ki is stomping on all of his members in fancam views, and I always see people talk about Ni-Ki being one of the most popular 4th gen male idols etc.? But you might be right, though I'm kinda surprised to see how Jake isn't that popular as well

225B846F-12C6-434B-B326-768A14D1E2DC.thu

Btw, how come you have SKZ photocards? I though you were a SKZ hater? :penguin:

no YOU barely see it… giving selective memory. you can literally go on twitter right now and search “hyunjin it boy” & so many tweets pop up. nice try.:penguin:

OT: Living for OT5 Fearless & Blue Flame in japanese. i kinda wish they would re-record the whole mini again in korean. 

spacer.png

Edited by Fanta

3 minutes ago, newaespa said:

Nonsense is awful and will be a stain to aespa’s discography (along with Forever) :bird:

not when girls, life's too short and icu exist!

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

I feel like I always see Ni-Ki the most out of all the ENHYPEN members, and he's also the member with the most fancam views etc.

Nah, he’s one of the least popular. It might just be your algorithm. The most popular are roughly in this order:

Sunoo

Jay/Jake

Sunghoon/Jungwon/Heeseung

Niki

but as i said, there isn’t a huge gap between the members.

27 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

I feel they shot all the Mindset material last Summer before tour? :allears:

S TIER Fever :smitten2: If I was BTS, I would have been livid it went to Enhypen. Literally my top Enhypen song 

Right, Eunwoo is THAT girl. He transcends his group’s placing in KPOP. The man literally has 30+ million followers on Instagram, while everyone else in Astro has 2-3M. He’s more viable as a solo idol than most of BTS (excluding V and Jungkook) 

:rip:

I’m more of a Bang Me Chan myself, but Hyunjin is objectively very good looking 

I feel bad for Changbin. He’s the least popular just cause of his visual, when he’s arguably one of the funniest and nicest members in SKZ. And such a talented rapper, and constantly serving body ody ody. #JusticeForChangbin

I didn’t know Mingyu was doing Mindset tbh. I had only heard about Vernon and Joshua’s podcast series. So it could have been last summer. anyway excited to hear him talk :heart2:

FEVER is hands down one of the best kpop songs I’ve ever heard. Like the amount of quality they’ve come out with in such a short amount of time since their debut is something else. Hopefully we’ll see a return to form this next comeback. 

Eunwoo is obviously way bigger than Astro, to the point that people rarely associate him with the group anymore, they just see him as a solo celebrity :dies: The commercial viability of this dude really makes him powerful lol, a pretty face can really take you places.

And I feel bad for Changbin too ngl, he’s actually one of my fave members in stray cats and is so talented and real. Plus Ive always found him attractive even before he gained muscles. It’s funny how the two members I’m the least attracted to are the most popular in the group :dies:
Justice for Changbin, IN and Bang Me Chan.

17 minutes ago, Mitsuki said:

Oh, I see. 

It's actually interesting they have similar popularity If we take in consideration they were formed in a survival show, that naturally pushes the public to support members individually. So you would expect some to be more popular than others. 

Well yeah in the show there were certainly some members who got more votes than others, but once they were in the group, HYBE really did a good job presenting them as one complete package/unit. They’re very balanced if you look at their screen presence and line distribution since debut, even though Heeseung, Jungwon and Sunoo are way more vocally competent than others, and Niki being above the others in dancing. (They even processed their vocals to sound the same :rip:). And their fanbase grew a lot after debut, so a lot of the new fans saw them as a whole unit rather than the individual I-land contestants.