K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

16 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Well sales are the most important metric

Do you even know what an It boy is?

Eunwoo is the IT BOY and his group sales are beyond tragic. 

• Replies 133k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

were are the 7 Jennies we were promised :rip:

They all ran away and refused to stay in YG dungeon :clap3:

So YG had to replace them with 6 Daras and 1 Bom

9 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Charli XCX feature/production on ae1?

The collapse if that happens :jonny5:

Grimes next :next:

8 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Charli XCX feature/production on ae1?

Omg this would be incredible. Hope they snatched one of her scrapped hyperpop excellence. :jonnycat:

Savage's sister is coming :duca: 

this is literally the only kpop song I know because it ripped off Nicki's Pound the Alarm :rip:

do Korean audiences know that a hit song was actually a Nicki Minaj ripoff?

6 minutes ago, mathekr said:

Oricon combined single charts (here's their chart history page). Tippy Toe didn't even debut and Mascara peaked #27.

It's just purely based on digitals tho they haven't had physical releases

What's funny is Mascara actually was shaping up to be a hit (Peaked #17 on oricon streaming chart/#14 on the hot 100) but it's run was beyond tragic (48-15-14-15-14-20-30-25-32-42-88-out):skull:

2 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

this is literally the only kpop song I know because it ripped off Nicki's Pound the Alarm :rip:

SixBomb and hit in the same sentence... 400k views on MV less than 10k stream on Melon...

5 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Do you guys remember when fx STOLE a song from that german girlgroup? They literally only translated the lyrics and sold the song as their own. How did they get away with that?

16 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Let me rephrase it: YJ is the most popular 4th gen male idol. Is that better? :giraffe:

sm can debut naevis all they want idc I just don't want her near ae1 :biblio:

new jennies about to be 10x bigger than BTS and BLACKPINK combined :deadbanana2:

they're about to get bieber and ariana payola

8 hours ago, Hazy said:

but I thought Twice is the most streamed gg in the US? and they also released fully English single (another one, something BP still don’t have) so I guess it’s okay to discuss their chart positions and expect them to outpeak their peers? :cm:

Are you dense? They did outstream BP in US in the year 2022 for whatever reason. Actually, Twice released more and has more content on Spotify so it’s not impossible that that might have happened. Does that mean TWICE is now officially bigger than BP in the US? No. But since one of those trolls who is not even a once said that, y’all are gonna put that on the whole fandom?

7 hours ago, MonsterNavy said:

if I remember correctly, I dont see or rarely see blonks dragging twice on this thread until a bunch of oncez started coming for bp the past few weeks? that faux user and some more let's not act all innocent here sis :emofish:

This is hilarious. Unless you’re thick in the head, there is ONE once who trolls y’all, and y’all go with “oncez!!!!!!!!!!!” and start dragging Twice and the whole fandom into it. So oversensitive :dies: 

7 hours ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Probably because of this :redface:

And now they have a problem with Twice fans posting their US achievements, the insecurity is LOUD. 

1 hour ago, Flomik said:

Winter already said that the songs are recorded 

so I guess after the GOT's promo is over, they will start working on a music video / choreo

they already filmed the mv a long time ago

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

Are you dense? They did outstream BP in US in the year 2022 for whatever reason. Actually, Twice released more and has more content on Spotify so it’s not impossible that that might have happened. Does that mean TWICE is now officially bigger than BP in the US? No. But since one of those trolls who is not even a once said that, y’all are gonna put that on the whole fandom?

This is hilarious. Unless you’re thick in the head, there is ONE once who trolls y’all, and y’all go with “oncez!!!!!!!!!!!” and start dragging Twice and the whole fandom into it. So oversensitive :dies: 

And now they have a problem with Twice fans posting their US achievements, the insecurity is LOUD. 

i'm over it sis I really don't care about twice let's make up :hug:

scooter better promote le sserafim

the girls deserve some payola :gaycat3:

Edited by hallucinate

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

new jennies about to be 10x bigger than BTS and BLACKPINK combined :deadbanana2:

It makes sense now why Bieber sold his masters. Scooter about to make his own American BTS :deadbanana2:

57 minutes ago, Zack said:

Or Friday. If the album is coming next month, it has to be released by February 24 (day before their concert).

So Friday is the latest day they can announce to allow a full month pre-order/teasing period. I don't want them to announce 2 or 3 weeks before as that will cut down the pre-order times, but this is SM, so if there's a bad decision to make, they will make it. :rip:

The instagram tiles aren't even aligned :rip:

33 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Astro is a 2015 group, back then a boy group selling 100k, 200k was the exception not the rule, them selling 300k+ is amazing considering they were to disband in 2017-18. Anywho, there's no 2nd gen or early 3rd gen group that is growing in album sales, except for SHINee.

9 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

Godspeed for that HYBE GEFFEN girl group.. they need all the prayers :rip:

aespa just keep talking about their upcoming concert & not a comeback so....it's not looking good

ningning's taste rubbing off on the other girls :jonny5: