K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

8 minutes ago, mathekr said:

Tbf, the first few releases from every Avex act usually has good art direction and decent budget (e.g. Kalen Anzai and FAKY)

I'm more curious to see if they'll keep the quality for their next releases cause XG is not making a dent in Korea nor Japan so far. I wish they were releasing songs in Japanese or Korean, not in English.

Korea. They’re too GC they would flop so hard+ they’re all Japanese same goes to japan I think only the legacy acts still can sell. 
by singing in English they aren’t catered to one specific market also the k-pop promotion is smart imo. I hope they will get a decent fandom because I-fans will not stan until they hit big in Asia first. 

• Replies 132.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

and the boygroup stans just enjoying their favs numbers and bops with the occasional thirst post :deadbanana2:

cheers oklahoma GIF

6 minutes ago, jeanie said:

they about to snatch that daesang from nwjns with this bop

This genuinely sounds fantastic :clap3:

2 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

The way people laughed at Yeonjun for calling himself 4th gen it boy only for his bars to break all the records for preorders

Chinese fanbase buying tons of album doesn't make someone an It Boy/Girl. 

Just now, DelRey said:

Chinese fanbase buying tons of album doesn't make someone an It Boy/Girl. 

Well sales are the most important metric

Love that XG music is in English, makes them more unique :clap3:

4 minutes ago, mathekr said:

Tbf, the first few releases from every Avex act usually has good art direction and decent budget (e.g. Kalen Anzai and FAKY)

I'm more curious to see if they'll keep the quality for their next releases cause XG is not making a dent in Korea nor Japan so far. I wish they were releasing songs in Japanese or Korean, not in English.

True but the point is XG doesn't look like  they have decent budget only especially the Shooting Star MV, it's giving kpop's top group level budget. The cgi is not actually cheap and this level of quality, the execution and the transitions are all flawless! I'm really curious about their actual sales, they are slowly making their name out there but I agree, it's not enough yet

10 minutes ago, Flomik said:

how do you know? we don't know their album sales 

(or if you know where to check it, I'd appreciate a link)

Oricon combined single charts (here's their chart history page). Tippy Toe didn't even debut and Mascara peaked #27.

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Charli XCX feature/production on ae1?

:WAP: 

then sm is SAVED I would die for a atleast 1 charli xcx pots and pans production on ae1

Baemon’s future :deadbanana4:  Glad I chose not to stan anyone from YG anymore. These young girls are not ready yet. Raw talent but they need some time to grow and develop their skills. Not everyone can be Hyein & Eunchae

8 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Charli has so many hyperpop leftovers, SM better buy a whole folder and fund her next era :jonny5:

16 minutes ago, TanjiroKamado said:

Well sales are the most important metric

Do you even know what an It boy is?

Eunwoo is the IT BOY and his group sales are beyond tragic. 

45 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

were are the 7 Jennies we were promised :rip:

They all ran away and refused to stay in YG dungeon :clap3:

So YG had to replace them with 6 Daras and 1 Bom

9 minutes ago, Flomik said:

The collapse if that happens :jonny5:

Grimes next :next:

8 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Omg this would be incredible. Hope they snatched one of her scrapped hyperpop excellence. :jonnycat:

Savage's sister is coming :duca: 

this is literally the only kpop song I know because it ripped off Nicki's Pound the Alarm :rip:

do Korean audiences know that a hit song was actually a Nicki Minaj ripoff?

6 minutes ago, mathekr said:

Oricon combined single charts (here's their chart history page). Tippy Toe didn't even debut and Mascara peaked #27.

It's just purely based on digitals tho they haven't had physical releases

What's funny is Mascara actually was shaping up to be a hit (Peaked #17 on oricon streaming chart/#14 on the hot 100) but it's run was beyond tragic (48-15-14-15-14-20-30-25-32-42-88-out):skull:

2 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

this is literally the only kpop song I know because it ripped off Nicki's Pound the Alarm :rip:

SixBomb and hit in the same sentence... 400k views on MV less than 10k stream on Melon...

5 minutes ago, Pikachoo said:

Do you guys remember when fx STOLE a song from that german girlgroup? They literally only translated the lyrics and sold the song as their own. How did they get away with that?

16 minutes ago, DelRey said:

Do you even know what an It boy is?

Eunwoo is the IT BOY and his group sales are beyond tragic. 

Let me rephrase it: YJ is the most popular 4th gen male idol. Is that better? :giraffe: