K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

47 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

Alot of you girl group stans are highkey miserable. This is why my GG staning is only found in Jennie and Suzy. Two legends that are good on their own and whom i have full confidence in. Meanwhile yalls favs have shelf lives that are the same as their contract renewals(less than that majority of the time) Relying on GP support is slippery cause unless they have Jennies natural IDGAF attitude they die by it and that is why yall are always so feral cause every comeback really might really be their last cause thats what their career is built on. This is why BG even eith their floppery feel much more secure for both their stans and the members. 

NJ LS and IVE just seem so bleh to me even if they are smashing, it just doesn't really feel sustainable especially for IVE. AESPA and ITZY have the stanbase to save them but because so much of GG life relies on GP support if they arent smashing digitally it always feels like its the end for them. Looking at last years messes is a perfect example cause Garam, LOONA, Aespa and RV releases and anything Wonyoung does really gets to ggs and thats because in my opinion GG stans are so much harsher to their favs than BG stans are. Just miserable living really. Having a Boy Group like stanbase the way BP does>>>>>>>

I’m not quite sure I’m catching your point. Wonyoung, Yujin and Chaewon are over four years into being established, successful idols. Sakura’s almost 12 years into her career.

Why would you compare them to Suzy, whose group only had 8 singles total, and Jennie, whose group only has 12 singles after 6 years? Are you just trying to say that boy groups face less scrutiny? We all know that’s true, but it’s a trade off for the boys being entirely irrelevant and leaving no impact despite the bulk buys and large fanbases.

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Zack said:

Stamp On It is a little biT too addictive. I need to not play it too much before the release :wanda:

literally can't stop listening, it's a lil TOO good :jonny:

No idea why Starship keeps setting up IVE like that:deadbanana4: 

Giving the two most panned vocalists in their group a special vocal stage, making them lip sync? 

Stamp on it is SO good :jonny5:

Taeyeon is perfection - like, I NEED to be reincarnated as her :jonny5:

Boa just emits power and legacy - even when the new girls are singing (adspa) you can't help but check on what Boa is doing.

Wendy is a star - seulgi is cool but could be replaced by Irene imo. :giraffe:

Winter is definitely going to be SM's future taeyeon, I can just sense it. Such a unique girlie look but icy cool at the same time, recognizable tone.

Dont know the other adspa girl and have 0 opinions. :santa:

Lucas getting replaced in SuperM as well as WayV yaaaas. I hope the TVXQ rumour is true and he gets replaced with Changmin. :jonnycat:

Women and people with morals: :1stplace:

Overly horny gay :rainbow: men: :2ndplace:

59 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

Yes. He then went on 2 start in two full-fledged BLs (Kissable Lips & Roommates of Poonduck 304) with Yoon SeoBin (former JYPig trainee that got caught in a (false? true? who knows) elementary school bullying scandal and got kicked out of Produce 101 and JYPE.

Here is his (and his "defamed" screen partner) most notable work.

oh wow the kisses are pretty hot tbh :santa:

26 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:coffee2:

Ahyun being potentially visual and already outsang jisoo so we are saved 

YG finally might have a gg with no annoying voice , like 2ne1 song could’ve been so much better vocally without dara chipmunk voice and BP with jisoo. 

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, DanyelP23 said:

When they had his little introduction they said he was an actor that starred in webdramas but did not go into detail.

I don't think it would derail his chances of getting in unless some rigging is done (as in, some agencies pay money to fraud some of their trainees in) and/or a narrative against him is pushed by MNET (as I said, the guy he starred with in those last 2 dramas could prove to be an impediment but I don't think MNET has the balls to bring the fact that his costar was accused of bullying to make a narrative around it).

I'm not sure if in any of the MNET shows until now an independent trainee has made it into the final 9/11/12? Is anyone aware if there was such a case in past edition of Produce? Maybe that might be a problem? 

Anyways, if he gets in the final group and they debut, I don't think he'll be filming BLs for at least 3 years.

Onto more interesting info, a leak alleges that these might be the songs performed by the trainees:

I think Miss Zhang Hao got scared of the baguette rumors and decided to serve heterosexual excellence and that's why he chose this Kai song. 

Jiwoong has a really good shot with Movie Star by CIX. That song is basically meant to serve classy sex energy, which is what he's good at serving (in my opinion).

Another fave of mine (that is incidentally in group with him) is

Lee Seunghwan:clap3:

FlUstGgaAAUvH1z?format=jpg&name=medium

He is Jennie's friendly aquaintance friend (WOODZ)'s cousin. So Miss @Mel. I hope you are stanning.:lakitu:

cool! I think I might start watching this :gaycat3:

2 hours ago, Dialamba said:

It’s not about Liz it’s about the fact they’re sitting down and lip singing I don’t mind tbh but it’s tragic when it’s a ballad+ an IU’s song and use their worst singers. They’re never beating the allegations. 

But Starshit made them lip sync bc they knew that they would not sound good. Meanwhile Liz didn’t lipsync in her collab stage. 

It’s frustrating bc Liz, Yujin and Rei can sing. Liz is good and Yujin and Rei even if aren’t the best vocalists could sing a ballad (ex: Yujin cover on her insta and Rei in Lee Mujin show). Now they have 3 trending post on Pann/the Qoo with more than 100k views each dragging them. 

and why these girls still doesn’t have their own insta??? 

13 minutes ago, Butters said:

Giving the two most panned vocalists in their group a special vocal stage, making them lip sync? 

They are dumb and they have favorites.

They deserve the dragging maybe now they can stop giving all the lines to Wy and the fact that Leeseo have more lines than Liz the last 2 comebacks is a pure crime :deadbanana4:

25 minutes ago, Butters said:

They uploaded that IU cover months ago and I'm not sure why they needed to perform it now. If they didn't have time to prepare anything new since they were prerecording everything because of Japan trip, then they should've just done nothing besides their songs and Lion Heart cover.

Does anyone know when the Circle year end chart is released? I got told by Sunmi stans that Heart Burn was a massive hit with longevity so I expect to see it within the Top 50 of the chart otherwise it's a massive flop.

41 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:coffee2:

2nd girl is somewhat good. 1st girl is doing what most elementary schooler can do 

3 minutes ago, Apostolis said:

so why did YG decide to promote this

you mean baby monsters? because their biggest moneymaker might be leaving their asses soon

and one more reason could be to satisfy the investors - almost all the companies already showed their 4th gen girls and if YG was the only one who could not be able to do so, it would be such a humiliation

54 minutes ago, Eternium said:

I’m not quite sure I’m catching your point. Wonyoung, Yujin and Chaewon are over four years into being established, successful idols. Sakura’s almost 12 years into her career.

Why would you compare them to Suzy, whose group only had 8 singles total, and Jennie, whose group only has 12 singles after 6 years? Are you just trying to say that boy groups face less scrutiny? We all know that’s true, but it’s a trade off for the boys being entirely irrelevant and leaving no impact despite the bulk buys and large fanbases.

You GG stans are mad aggressive for no reason all the time, misery is in yalls heart. Jennie doesn't always rely on the GP, Jennie is a songstress yes but her penchant for trying new things like high fashion and acting in the west, not caring about what the korean GP thinks of her and not following the trends yet MAKING the trends is a stark difference to me to lets say wonyoung, who really is one of the most vulnerable idols. ol girl is riddled with PS(sakura too) can't sing, can't act and is morphing her entire body to follow korean standards not change them to her liking the way Jennie did. And for boy groups they absolutley are not irrelevant, they just are in your tasteless world. Their physical and touring power is the reason they have endless combacks and safety nets, its much calmer in the BG world cause brainless nonsense is never an issue. BG stans are always confident their favs are having a comeback meanwhile GGs are melting down cause a song didn't make it to the top 10 of melon. As i sad misery!

Edited by Babymomo

None of these idols can sing my god non of them got pipes - and the ones that do like Aespa and NMESS have GARBAGE production.

This is honestly why im wishing for  this gens downfall. I need singers back in the studios.

3 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

OMG soon

Finally :jonny5:

Wow :clap3:

They are indeed newjennies :dies:

15 minutes ago, Babymomo said:

You GG stans are mad aggressive for no reason all the time, misery is in yalls heart.

wonyoung, who really is one of the most vulnerable idols. ol girl is riddled with PS(sakura too) can't sing, can't act and is morphing her entire body to follow korean standards not change them to her liking the way Jennie did.

And for boy groups they absolutley are not irrelevant, they just are in your tasteless world. Their physical and touring power is the reason they have endless combacks and safety nets, its much calmer in the BG world cause brainless nonsense is never an issue. BG stans are always confident their favs are having a comeback meanwhile GGs are melting down cause a song didn't make it to the top 10 of melon. As i sad misery!

The way you have to pretend that we’re the ones who are aggressive and full of misery when you have disgusting views and feel like you have the right to body shame a 17 year old who has literally done nothing wrong. You’re projecting here and it really makes you look like a disgusting misogynist. Fix it, sis.

The boy groups are beyond irrelevant. When was the last time we had a “Sorry Sorry” or a “Love Scenario” or a “Ring Ding Dong?” Male groups are at an all-time low in history currently for the market share they make up in K-pop. The only thing males had over females was commercial viability and even that’s slipping because the boys aren’t making good music like they used to and nobody is bothering to learn who they are.

And let’s not pretend that boy group stans aren’t the most awful. Name a fanbase in history more dramatic and worse than ELFs and ARMY. I’ll wait :skull: