K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Why are K-pop’s English lyrics getting even worse as they’re working with American writers? :deadbanana4:

• Replies 132.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

GOT is all hype. Their two songs are terrible. Disband already. :clap3:

so itzy bigger than Aespa and IVE worldwide?

2 hours ago, Red Velvet said:

Boa was desperate to be the main focus this time after being overshadowed in Step Back. 

There was no need for her to have the bridge highlight and be centre in the dance break.

She was so bored and lifeless the performance was hard to watch :rip: SM is only pushing her cause she's old and a "legend". 

34 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

Just watched that stamp on it perf and putting the horrible choreo aside, boa really does look lifeless through it especially during the dancebreak, 0 doubts she doesn't wanna be there. Free her! :skull:

She’s benefiting the most from it. Feel like she’s not the one who needs to be freed. The whole thing seems like it was made to promote her :rip: 

7 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

They have 4 years of releases…

6 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Itzy has more songs. And they have the evergreen hits like Dalla2 & Wannabe. I’m still bopping to those 2 songs every morning

1 hour ago, Indie Go Mind said:

Now I can stream this guilt free and repeatedly since its been uploaded on their official channel. :clap3: 

Why not release it on Spotify right away. :katie: Anyway, on first listen, this song seems better than Step Back.

Stamp On It slaps :msmarvel:

Karina, Seulgi and Taeyeon, my fave sm girls :loki: 

Teasing the return of a group that could not even pull 90k streams on Spotify with their last song, over the group that has not had a comeback as a full group since 2018…

Edited by Hitchhiker

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She’s benefiting the most from it. Feel like she’s not the one who needs to be freed. The whole thing seems like it was made to promote her :rip: 

I mean she's not on her prime physically or in terms of popularity but just look at her in the dancebreak, there's no way she suddenly became that bad :rip: 

imo it's obvious sm just did it to have a counterpart to superm and that's it, if they wanted to promote her to newer gen fans they could've just given the group Better-Woman-Camo-etc kind of songs where she shines, basically a solo from her but with other people that could bring attention to her, and I feel that's closer to the style people actually wanted from them as well :michael:

47 minutes ago, Vrx. said:

Why are K-pop’s English lyrics getting even worse as they’re working with American writers? :deadbanana4:

Not that American pop songs are lyrical masterpieces either :rip:

Stamp On It is so NCT'd just like the snippet :rip: It's not bad though. Wendy carried. But I think I prefer Step Back on first listen problematic topic aside.

In theory, GOT is like the best group ever?? I should be liking them more but SM keeps giving them meh songs and terrible choreography. How do you **** up an incredible lineup so bad? Also SingSing not being in it is such a missed opportunity. Maybe if she was Korean. :'(

Edited by State of Grace.

Forgot to comment on first page.. STRAY KIDS LEADERS OF THE 4TH GEN

Wait, why did they publish a performance video of Stamp On It 15 days before the actual release? It doesn’t make sense and totally kills the hype

10 minutes ago, Sept said:

Not that American pop songs are lyrical masterpieces either :rip:

Yeah but there’s nothing wrong with the grammar in American pop unless it’s Max Martin writing. KPop has legit declined since 2nd Gen 

8 minutes ago, lovatos said:

Wait, why did they publish a performance video of Stamp On It 15 days before the actual release? It doesn’t make sense and totally kills the hype

because that’s what ADOR did with Attention/Hype Boy :cm:

57 minutes ago, mathekr said:

So no streaming single or mv until 16th? The Newjeans print i fear

anyway, the jump in charisma and talent from that BoA dance break to Seulgi was such a kii :rip:

14 minutes ago, lily42 said:

K/DA paved the way. We need comeback! :jonny6:

OG AI It girls:kiss:

2 hours ago, Indie Go Mind said:

this is too good :jonny5: Stamp On It about to be my most played song this year like Step Back was last years