K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

40 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

new jennies about to be 10x bigger than BTS and BLACKPINK combined :deadbanana2:

they're about to get bieber and ariana payola

The battle between NewJeans and LSF globally will be intense I fear  :jonny3:

The Scooter payola will be working overtime, LSF3 TTH residency, NJ2 Apple Music residency, the Asian Duas are upon us!

the girls are not ready for the

Yunjin vs Hanni :WAP:

Chaewon vs Haerin :wanda:comparisons

• Replies 133k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Narima said:

i remember someone here saying they bought the physical of mascara

and yeah after they promoted in korea, it started rising in japan, but it lacked longevity 

You can't even access their oricon physical tab so I guess if there was, it was distributed in korea, either that or they sold like 20 copies, charting on the daily oricon chart is pretty easy :deadbanana2:

11 minutes ago, NormaniReign said:

Everyone confident about the TXT snippets when I hear the noisy whistle beat,the song sounds like its gonna have those NCT horrible beatdrops....Im scared. Take me back to 2019-2020 when they never missed.:deadbanana4: I hope the full song proves me wrong. 

Beomgyus glow up should be studied. HYBE needs to start pushing him as they push Yeonjin

right all the snippets sound either bad or mid just like last time, maybe Hybe gave up on their bgs getting hits bc they can sill sell with terrible music and save all their good songs for the ggs now

its giving Ariana x Jungkook 

jennie and Mbappe when ????? Omg

queen served here despite the messy outfit:jonny5: she is slowly gaining her confidence back, starshit better not shove her into the back again :angry: 

16 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Isn't Geffen part of Interscope (BP US label) ?? I remember Gaga being part of Geffen earlier in her carees ?? And I also thought BTS were with Columbia (Beyonce's label) ?? :psyduck:

per wiki

Interscope Geffen A&M Records (IGA), is an American umbrella label owned by Universal Music Group, consisting of record labels Interscope Records, Geffen Records, and A&M Records.

and bts left columbia in 2021

13 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

LSF3 TTH residency

lol i'd like to see that :coffee2: 

23 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Isn't Geffen part of Interscope (BP US label) ?? I remember Gaga being part of Geffen earlier in her carees ?? And I also thought BTS were with Columbia (Beyonce's label) ?? :psyduck:

Yeah — HYBE went to UMG once their contract with Columbia ended, and signed an overall deal to launch HYBE America under Universal, which included BTS, Seventeen and Enhypen going under Geffen. Along with their upcoming HYBE x Geffen girl group. (TXT has a pre existing deal with Republic.)

So LE SSERAFIM and NewJeans will more than likely be under Interscope/Geffen once they head stateside as well

31 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

And now Seventeen sells 2million+ per album :keir:

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

13 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

queen served here despite the messy outfit:jonny5: she is slowly gaining her confidence back, starshit better not shove her into the back again :angry: 

She’s honestly so beautiful. Deserves to be pushed as much as miss Strawberry. Just give her enough lines as the best vocalist in the group and she’ll shine automatically. 

6 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Kings of consistency and growth.

:jonny5: Not this slapping so hard

2 hours ago, jeanie said:

they about to snatch that daesang from nwjns with this bop

sounds like a sexy bop, I hope it is something like love shot. 

52 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

I'm starting to not give a damn about Aespa:dies: like if you are taking a whole ass year to comeback and on top of that you are gonna release bad music... like, just keep the NCT comebacks coming and disband tbh.

Illusion is literally the best kpop song last year though so maybe upgrade your taste instead honey :chick2:

also Aespa is giving SHELVED :rip: 

SM debuting an AI instead :lmao: 

31 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

So LE SSERAFIM and NewJeans will more than likely be under Interscope/Geffen once they head stateside as well

they're already under geffen

766058627d7233462e67dd0358dbda55.png

The acclaim for XG everywhere :jonny5: I'm seeing a lot of tweets with people praising the song and video, they're going viral I fear

are XG going to perform at Korean music shows like Mascara? does anyone know?

Korean promo did wonders for them, they got millions of views

can STAYC announce the cb date already :redface: 

and no 1 month pre-order period please, 2 weeks is enough

40 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

Yeah — HYBE went to UMG once their contract with Columbia ended, and signed an overall deal to launch HYBE America under Universal, which included BTS, Seventeen and Enhypen going under Geffen. Along with their upcoming HYBE x Geffen girl group. (TXT has a pre existing deal with Republic.)

Yep and aren't all HYPE acts managed by Scooter Braun in the US? Or there are some kinds of partnerships between them?

23 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

also Aespa is giving SHELVED :rip:

2 members just released a unit with GOT and all members were involved in SM's end of year album. So at least MYs are getting something musical from the girls.

I don't think with your avi that you should be laughing at others being on the shelf

https://cdn.atrl.net/monthly_2021_01/ezgif.com-gif-maker_14.thumb.gif.ccc26cc9dea38eb37651b54955fd3408.gif

1 hour ago, Dialamba said:

its giving Ariana x Jungkook 

jennie and Mbappe when ????? Omg

Get that rola Lalisa! :gaycat2:

I wish they'd stop stealing from the Dua Lipa store. AF is the only somewhat interesting song they've put out since 2019.