Miley Cyrus - "Flowers"

P!NK2LOVE

Where is the new updated Hot 100 for this week? It’s taking way too long :gaycat6:

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• Miley Cyrus

• Scars

• Walk_Away21

15 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Total Filtered Streams: 146,261,124

Average Daily Filtered Streams: 14,626,113

She is on pace to break her own record for most streams across a 7 day period and also Olivia Rodrigo’s record for fastest song to reach 200 million streams. 

If she maintains her current average, she will finish week two on a total of 108,732,950 filtered streams for the seven day period. I expect the average could still drop further so I think 105 million is a more realistic total. 

Based on her current average, she’s going to surpass 200 million streams after a total of 14 days. 

Jesus she’s unstoppable, I’m so perched for the albums numbers 

9 minutes ago, biomind101 said:

Where is the new updated Hot 100 for this week? It’s taking way too long :gaycat6:

got delayed to tomorrow due to "data issues" :cupid:

55 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

Jesus she’s unstoppable, I’m so perched for the albums numbers 

Yeah, these are unprecedented numbers. lt makes it harder to predict how the song will perform and change, but that’s part of the fun!

I would like to see the song get an increase tomorrow, like most songs do on Mondays, but it *could* see another decrease. I honestly don’t know anymore, lol. I really want her to hit 100M+ filtered streams so I hope she stays in the 15M region for another couple of days! 

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Will they pull a Dua on Miley? 

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Wait, are you serious :deadbanana4:

46 minutes ago, rcksluke said:

She smashed SO hard on all formats, that no change they make could threaten her #1 unless it was pure radio.

3 hours ago, tbhmatt said:

The drop is nothing to worry about. Sundays usually always pull in the lowest streaming numbers and biggest day-on-day decreases.

The song climbed exponentially to such a high peak, it means the drops are going to look very dramatic as the song stabilises. A lot of the audience listening as it reached peak would have been doing so out of curiosity, so she isn’t going to retain 100% of her peak audience. Don’t focus too much on the day-on-day changes, the week-on-week comparisons are the best indicator of the song retaining audience (i.e moving forward we should be comparing Sunday to Sunday, not Sunday to Saturday)

Songs *typically* rebound on Mondays so if this is following the trajectory of a typical release we would expect to see an increase to 15 million+ tomorrow. HOWEVER, please do remember the song may continue to fall until it stabilises and follow the usual daily patterns so don’t be alarmed if there’s another slight drop tomorrow. 

Yeah I'm also hoping for a 15M+ update tomorrow but definitely would not be surprised if it falls again. It was always gonna have to stabilize eventually, and now we're just witnessing that.

Would love to see it continue gaining at a record-breaking pace, but even if it falls below that expectation, we shouldn't melt down too much bc no matter what Miley still has a HUGE organic global #1 smash in her hands :clap3:

1 minute ago, wish said:

Yeah I'm also hoping for a 15M+ update tomorrow but definitely would not be surprised if it falls again. It was always gonna have to stabilize eventually, and now we're just witnessing that.

Would love to see it continue gaining at a record-breaking pace, but even if it falls below that expectation, we shouldn't melt down too much bc no matter what Miley still has a HUGE organic global #1 smash in her hands :clap3:

Yeah, we would typically expect an increase with tomorrow’s update - but the song is still pulling in astronomically high numbers so it wouldn’t be a surprise at all if we see another drop tomorrow as it needs to shed its excess “I only listened once” audience. I don’t think any song has ever stabilised at 15+ million. In fact, very few songs have even reached that number in the first place. I’m pretty sure all the big hits of recent years stabilised at around 10m a day at their peak - so that puts in to perspective how enormous this peak is. We could see gradual daily declines now until it falls to 9-10 million a day and we should be prepared for that.

Of course, I would love her to continue pulling in 15 million+ updates and she absolutely could do it for this week at least… but I just want everyone to be prepared for possible further declines before the streams eventually level out and follow the usual daily trajectory. *If* it does drop again tomorrow, I wouldn’t expect it to be quite as big as -2.7M, though. 

1 hour ago, rcksluke said:

Miley has almost the double of points than the #2 song. She's safe.

1 hour ago, tbhmatt said:

Yeah, these are unprecedented numbers. lt makes it harder to predict how the song will perform and change, but that’s part of the fun!

I would like to see the song get an increase tomorrow, like most songs do on Mondays, but it *could* see another decrease. I honestly don’t know anymore, lol. I really want her to hit 100M+ filtered streams so I hope she stays in the 15M region for another couple of days! 

Can someone clarify the difference between filtered and unfiltered streams for me. I have no damn clue lol

1st Week Average Unfiltered Streams: 14,548,400 per day

2nd Week Average* Unfiltered Streams: 17,317,517 per day

Total Average Unfiltered Streams: 15,379,135 per day

*Current average based on 3 days. This average will change as the week progresses.

Based on current averages, she’s on pace to surpass 200 million unfiltered streams in 3 days time, 13 days total.

I anticipate we could see further drops as the song stabilises. Avg day-on-day change for week 2 is currently -950k (including Friday vs Thursday) so if we apply this average as well, it’s more likely that she will surpass 200 million unfiltered streams in 14-15 days total.

These projections are all based on averages, so take with a pinch of salt. 

1 minute ago, CottageHore said:

Can someone clarify the difference between filtered and unfiltered streams for me. I have no damn clue lol

Filtered streams are those that appear on the Spotify Charts, unfiltered streams are those that appear on the Spotify counter.

e.g. Flowers filtered streams for yesterday were 14,528,627 but it’s unfiltered streams were 15,002,533

You can see the difference between the filtered & unfiltered streams by checking the total stream count on the song’s counter on the app. Basically the song’s total plays increased by 15M but the chart numbers are lower because Spotify filter out some streams.

(I don’t know how they define or do it exactly but I assume it’s constant looping, playing on mute.. those kind of activities they deem not to be “genuine”)

https://artists.spotify.com/en/help/article/how-we-calculate-charts

The way this is coming for the #1 hot 100 billboard year end song and the hot 100 week 1 stat isn't out yet.

Sheesh. 
It's giving legend

tumblr_n8ast5FEd91rdccybo1_500.gif

Miley is almost breaking top 10 on apple music India soon.. The 2nd top English song on the chart. Her Spotify also gained a lot. It might become a hit in south Asia. Come through... :clap3:

30 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

Filtered streams are those that appear on the Spotify Charts, unfiltered streams are those that appear on the Spotify counter.

e.g. Flowers filtered streams for yesterday were 14,528,627 but it’s unfiltered streams were 15,002,533

You can see the difference between the filtered & unfiltered streams by checking the total stream count on the song’s counter on the app. Basically the song’s total plays increased by 15M but the chart numbers are lower because Spotify filter out some streams.

(I don’t know how they define or do it exactly but I assume it’s constant looping, playing on mute.. those kind of activities they deem not to be “genuine”)

https://artists.spotify.com/en/help/article/how-we-calculate-charts

Thank you :heart:

I'm really liking this song!

Flowers has surpassed +1M videos on Tiktok! :jonnycat:

For comparison, it took 17 days for As It Was to reach 1M.

Edited by Scars

17 minutes ago, Scars said:

Flowers has surpassed +1M videos on Tiktok! :jonnycat:

For comparison, it took 17 days for As It Was to reach 1M.

Was just coming here to post this! :redface:

At 95 million on YT too, will definitely hit 100 million there at the end of the day tomorrow. :jonny6:

It's so insane how now Tik Tok is making any type of song popular.. a year ago tik tok songs had to sound a certain way.. but now the landscape has changed and your song doesn't need to be uptempo or danceable to be a hit... so happy for miley 

Also I'm really shocked that this is still #1 on Apple Music.. especially because how Apple leans heavily towards hip hop and r&B ! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.