Miley Cyrus - "Flowers"

P!NK2LOVE

The way her whole catalogue blew up. :skull: Plastic Hearts was getting like 1.6 million the other day, now it’s nearly 4 million. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• Miley Cyrus

• Scars

• Walk_Away21

9 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

The more I listen to it, the more I love it. The subtlety of the disco elements underlying Miley’s melancholic delivery really sells the whole ‘is she really happy?’ vibe of the song. It’s what makes it so captivating, it’s a song about self love but sang from and delivered from a place of regret. For me, it perfectly encapsulates the complexity of post-break up emotions. 

A lot of people said things like “it’s not disco enough” or “it needs a key change” but for me those changes would completely ruin the song. If you make those changes, it borders on cliche and becomes a generic self-love anthem. Lyrically, you could argue that’s what it is anyway, but the execution just makes it something entirely different. The version they delivered feels authentic and genuine, which is why it’s resonating so much with so many people.

Whilst it’s not innovative or earth shattering, it’s executed and delivered pretty much flawlessly. Everything about it makes me want to keep replaying it. 10/10, 5 stars, no notes! 

What a perfect review :clap3:

20 minutes ago, Shelter said:

The way her whole catalogue blew up. :skull: Plastic Hearts was getting like 1.6 million the other day, now it’s nearly 4 million. 

One of the best parts about this happening :duca:

49 minutes ago, Shelter said:

We need Dead Petz to blow up though :weeps:

Love Dead Petz but also would keep it us stans little secret for... obvious reasons :rip:

36.6 million views on youtube after 4 full days; she's definitely gonna hit 50 million in its first week

2 hours ago, TheDreamer said:

Not twitter making stories up for this song and making them viral :ahh:

SCREAMING :bibliahh:

2 hours ago, KoibitoCyrus said:

Columbia was literally Smilers saving grace 

:jonny:

its a HIT

They really did, thank you Columbia for being a great label and Miley for serving us quality :jonny5:

If Dead Petz ever blow up, I hope the GP discovers I Get So Scared and make it viral or sth :foxaylove2:

The way this is truly deserved :jonny: 

let’s get this the #1 debut 

8 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

SCREAMING :bibliahh:

They really did, thank you Columbia for being a great label and Miley for serving us quality :jonny5:

Yup, this song's success is a mixture of BOTH

Quality song + Competent label :clap3:

1 minute ago, aesthetic bih said:

Yup, this song's success is a mixture of BOTH

Quality song + Competent label :clap3:

PeriodT :clap:

5 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Is it delusional to think this song smashing could help album debut as low as in 150k and as high as 300k? :jonnycat:

She'll always secure a sizable pure sales since Smilers are very loyal and supportive.

But if she continues the momentum, the GP will naturally be interested with the album and the streams will boost up the overall debut numbers. 

Despite her past controversies, her appeal on the GP is INSANE! 

Edited by aesthetic bih

5 hours ago, despy said:

also ANOTHER #1 thank yiewww :clap3: the streams increasing again too like- this is crazy :cries: i never saw this coming...

giphy.gif

it's also funny how certain 2 fanbases remain silent!

Tiffany Pollard GIFs | Tenor

Which 2 fanbases ?

9 minutes ago, reymiu said:

Which 2 fanbases ?

I'm guessing that member ks hinting at her peers at Disney/Nickelodeon 

Edited by aesthetic bih

2 hours ago, FlyOnTheWall said:

Love Dead Petz but also would keep it us stans little secret for... obvious reasons :rip:

oh come on it's only the milky milky tour and ONE video that are slightly messy

the album is super accessible and has tons of geepee friendly bops, they're just unfortunately lost in a sea of tracks. as much as i love every track the only weakness of that album is that it's a tad too long.

god i wish "Lighter" had a proper push :chick3: the hit that got away

Everybody at my job was hooked along with the new shakira song. They were also praising Plastic Hearts, which shows how much that album helped Miley in the long-run. A smash in the making.

one day someone will need to explain wtf takes place at RCA. They’ve been screwing up with so many artists. Only Doja seems consistent from the popgirls 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

I’ve been streaming on apple music nonstop since Friday. Barely watch the music video.

Which one do you guys stream more the song or video?

Does anyone want to take a guess at how much this song is going to rise on Spotify Global tomorrow morning? Is 12-13 million streams out of the question? :jonny: 

1 hour ago, biomind101 said:

Her video for Flowers already has more likes than Midnight Sky :jonny3:

OMG :jonny3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.