• NEZ

• rihsus

• Sazare

• Espresso

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JCON said:

I hate what that UK dude did with this flawless song

THANK YOU for saying this.

He and his career DISAPPEARED after his overrated cover and yet his tween girl fans still troll her YT comments.

Pisses me off. 

Marla Singer
3 minutes ago, Sazare said:

The cover was so much better

I nearly reported this and I've never reported anything on ATRL before.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, graham said:

A masterpiece

That tragic and infinitely-more-successful cover destroyed my soul when I heard it constantly last year 

The cover is trash and the artist is trash.  It killed me to see it having some success last year.  

2 minutes ago, Marla Singer said:

I nearly reported this and I've never reported anything on ATRL before.

giphy.gif

Mind you, I'm not saying it's particularly great--the writing is still shoddy and it's melodically weak--but the vocals are much better in the cover version

The fact that everyone knows this song but as an acoustic version by some WGWG makes me rage infinitely :mazen: 

4 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Mind you, I'm not saying it's particularly great--the writing is still shoddy and it's melodically weak--but the vocals are much better in the cover version

It was widely critically acclaimed and nominated for a grammy.:cm:

6 minutes ago, Sazare said:

His vocals are precious like the Hallmark Channel and he can't replicate them consistently live. IMO.

I feel like his cover takes all of the fire...emotion...out of the song its supposed to have.

It was gut-wrenching hearing him ruin, no, desecrate the original.

Edited by Espresso
18 minutes ago, Sazare said:

The cover was so much better

blocked & reported for straight up TROLLING

TheEdgeOfGaga

A masterpiece. :clap3: a song that makes me want to dance and cry at the exact same time.

I HATE that tragic cover that was released last year, I can't stand that it was more successful than the original.

LEGENDARY song.  One of the best pop songs ever created, and not like it matters, but every reputable music critic agrees.  The reason why it's so good is because of Robyn herself.  The way she gives punch to the vocals, but also the way she performs it live and seems to get lost in her own world, elevates everything.  There's sadness, hope, longing, yet it remains optimistic and leaves listeners with a powerful "I will continue on" message.  That's why Robyn, who is a relative nobody in the US, was nominated by the Grammys for this song (and should have won).  

The only cover that does it justice, btw.  It's more of a sad rendition.

Edited by Archetype

Listening to this calum cover and its actually not that bad but to say its better than the original is straight up disrespectful. Love his vocals though but i cant tell if hes singing to a guy that left him for a girl or a girl that left him for a girl.:toofunny2: 

ThisCharmingMan
2 minutes ago, NEZ said:

Listening to this calum cover and its actually not that bad but to say its better than the original is straight up disrespectful. Love his vocals though but i cant tell if hes singing to a guy that left him for a girl or a girl that left him for a girl.:toofunny2: 

I think he is a hunty, so he's probably singing to his straight crush :cm: