Lady Gaga - “Bloody Mary”

HEAVYONIT

The only part I don’t like is the “dum dum da da da” bridge. It’s like she couldn’t think of any lyrics 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• HEAVYONIT

• Hot Volcano

• Frozen99

2 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Mmmm I wanna say “sure”, but it’s not like the song was actually used in the show. Unlike RUTH, people are not going to watch Wednesday and discover the song thanks to the show 

not trying to be negative btw :'(  It’s just that I think people might be expecting too much 

It was bubbling under #4 last week with a bunch of Christmas songs above it. It was so close!!!

7 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Genuinely asking… what old songs that have gone viral on tik tok actually become proper hits??? 

harleys in hawaii didn’t. 
cannibal didn’t.

play date didn’t. 
talking to the moon didn’t.

runaway didn’t. 

so why are some of y’all expecting this to have a “normal” single chart run? :rip: 

Bloody mary’s streams numbers are more stable and higher than the ones mentioned. it already makes it more successful as it started to also be played on the radio and currently in top 40 on pop. 

7 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Genuinely asking… what old songs that have gone viral on tik tok actually become proper hits??? 

cannibal didn’t.

play date didn’t. 

runaway didn’t. 

so why are some of y’all expecting this to have a “normal” single chart run? :rip: 

were any of these also played on the radio?

5 hours ago, MadMax12 said:

The only part I don’t like is the “dum dum da da da” bridge. It’s like she couldn’t think of any lyrics 

the melody in this

Lady-gaga GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

POP

39    +1    LADY GAGA    Bloody Mary    888    +36    485    -90    3.142    +0.098

+1 positions

+36 spins

+0.098 audience

12 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

cannibal didn’t.

play date didn’t. 

runaway didn’t. 

Because those songs got big before TikTok’s impact on the music industry ramped up. Those god awful ABC and Sunroof songs were fully built from TikTok. They were the few actual successful fully TikTok targeted songs. Super Freaky Girl and Unholy created a new lane for labels to push new songs to the top. TikTok is now large enough people will stream it as well as consume it in other formats. Now TikTok is deciding what the radio plays and commercials use for music. There is no way to predict how songs do when they get rediscovered. This could become RUTH 2.0 or it could just die off, it’s all up to Gaga’s team at this point.

12 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

cannibal didn’t.

play date didn’t. 

runaway didn’t. 

11 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

Mmmm I wanna say “sure”, but it’s not like the song was actually used in the show. Unlike RUTH, people are not going to watch Wednesday and discover the song thanks to the show 

not trying to be negative btw :'(  It’s just that I think people might be expecting too much 

Sis Talking to the Moon is at +900M streams and Runaway/Play Date both have +600M nn. They didn't have a proper single run on charts but they're definitely considered hits. I totally agree that some people are expecting too much (some posts are obviously trolling though) but those songs you mentioned never reached Bloody Mary's peak in streams so far. It's all up to Interscope now to keep pushing the song and promoting it. It also depends on how stable the song is after the holidays. Yesterday's hold was great so that's a good sign.

The only viral songs that actually got proper playlist support are Running Up That Hill (duh) and Under The Unfuence by Chris Brown. The Weeknd's Die For You was released as a single this year and was doing +2M streams for months and was never added to TTH and other local big playlists. Same for Eminem's Mockingbird, The Neighbourhood's Sweater Weather, Tom Odell's Another Love, Arctic Monkeys' I Wanna Be Yours, etc. So basically I'm not expecting BM to be treated like a new single. 

The fact that it's an album track/cult classic/fan-fave from 2011 and is doing these numbers alone is a success. :gaygacat9:

1.3M shorts on Youtube (original song)

3M videos on Tiktok (main sound)

3.3M total Shazams

:deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4:

Radio

43 39 LADY GAGA Bloody Mary 899 537 362 3.446
+11 Spins
-123 Bullet
+0.304 Audience

*second biggest audience increase in the entire top 50

US iTunes

#27 +7 Hold My Hand

#60 +8 Bloody Mary

Shazam WW

#1 (=) Bloody Mary / 24 days at #1

x31jyPj.gif

On 12/24/2022 at 11:25 PM, MadMax12 said:

It’s the best part of the song. :cm:

when will the Christmas songs start dropping off the charts? next week?

11 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

The christmas songs are over.

Spotify will be back to normal tomorrow 

14 minutes ago, terrorblade said:

Bloody Mary:

6 minutes ago, Marry Illusion Glory said:

30. Czech Republic (+152) 

30. Slovakia (+95)

36. Estonia (+66)

43. Lithuania (+13)

43. Poland (+65)

44. Latvia (+105)

50. Bulgaria (+22)

50. Finland (+34)

52. Hungary (+115)

77. Egypt (+9)

77. Romania (+18)

88. France (+27)

96. UAE (+8)

99. Germany (RE)

100. Sweden (RE)

101. Austria (RE)

103. Norway (RE)

113. Morocco (+6)

128. Switzerland (+52)

132. Philippines (+20)

164. South Korea (+15)

170. Portugal (RE)

174. Belgium (+23)

176. Iceland (RE)

Christmas is f*cking OVER!!!

throwing-christmas.gif

They are already plummeting on Spotify

3MLWfYP.gif

1 hour ago, Sweetestsecret said:

The christmas songs are over.

Spotify will be back to normal tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Artur said:

Bloody Mary:

They are already plummeting on Spotify

3MLWfYP.gif

yasss:gaygacat9: finally some good news

RISE BLOODY MARY RISE:santa:

On 12/24/2022 at 11:25 PM, MadMax12 said:

Ugh I know, how did she write such a clever song and then go with that for the bridge. 

We NEED an epic music video featuring the viral choreo. That's the only way I could see it becoming big.

Hope to see this really start moving :jonny6:

14 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Ugh I know, how did she write such a clever song and then go with that for the bridge. 

On 12/25/2022 at 5:25 AM, MadMax12 said:

She herself admitted that she learned how to make bridges during the creation of ARTPOP. If you look at her discography before then, most of her bridges are very simplistic, except for Just Dance where of course she had to bring it, it was her debut single. Meanwhile ARTPOP has spectacular bridges like the title track, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy and of course G.U.Y.

tumblr_otrl37ZGdw1t8a35do1_500.gif

Dec 26, 2022 | Spotify Global Chart

#42 (+79)  2,057,377 (+226k)

Back in top 50! 

lady-gaga-dog.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.