Golden Hit: Holiday Special ☃️ Congrats to Remmy! ❄️

fountain

Which means…

at #1, scoring 9.83…

@Remmy with “Ghost of Christmas Past”!

Congrats Remmy, you have overthrown Mariah Carey to take the title of King of the Holidays 2022! This winter is your wonderland, and your song clearly managed to melt the ice in the judge’s hearts to give you such an impressive score. This is your highest scoring song to date, surpassing your final entry from Season 1 “Paper Airplane Crashes”. Amazing job, and congrats again! 

:foxaylove:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Augmented

Golden Hit Holiday Special Results

#1 @Remmy - Ghost of Christmas Past - 9.83

#2 @Jackson - Peppermint World - 8.47

#3 @fountain - Koi in the Frozen Pond - 8.37

#4 @Legend E - My Mother’s Heart - 8.27

#5 @Aurora - Gingerbread Man - 7.9

#6 @Euterpe - Jolly - 7.83

#7 @Hug - I’m Making Snow - 7.63

#8 @StormFury - Reconciliation - 7.45

#9 @Julia Fox - Merry Christmas - 7.13

:twirl3:

additional legends fountain + Jackson :clap::clap: period

Wow wow wow..... and 9.83 pleeeease :weeps::weeps::weeps: No for real I didn't expect this much love on the song but it's great to see. And my first #1 omg :soda: Thanks to the judges and my supporters/fans :hughard:

@Jackson and @Remmyyou both delivered incredible entries for this Holiday Special! A song that feels like a whimsical winter dream and a beautiful melancholic song drenched in emotion absolutely nailed what I wanted to see so congratulations on the top 2 from me :clap3:

Just now, Remmy said:

Wow wow wow..... and 9.83 pleeeease :weeps::weeps::weeps: No for real I didn't expect this much love on the song but it's great to see. And my first #1 omg :soda: Thanks to the judges and my supporters/fans :hughard:

It was absolutely stunning from start to end! An emotional gut punch of a holiday track, this was the sort of song I was jealous I didn’t come up with so REALLY REALLY well done :hug::1stplace:

6 minutes ago, Remmy said:

additional legends fountain + Jackson :clap::clap: period

The absolute SMASH… actually tied for #2 highest scoring song along with Augmented’s “When Tradition Falls” and Jackson’s “Reykjavik” from Season 1 :clap3: legends ONLY! 

19 minutes ago, fountain said:

and while we are here I have one final thing to say…

spacer.png

January 20th

OMGGG

finishing up reviews and scores right now! so many amazing entries and it feels like some of you really had (idk about the other judges lol) but my tastes in mind for the subversive and perverse. love it. almost ready, sorry i've taken so long, had a super hectic week

wow oh wow congrats @Remmy :clap3:i still need to read your song but from the reviews alone it’s already iconic :jonny5:

i didn’t expect #2, so thank you judges! happy songs are harder for me to write, so i’m glad it was so well received! 

1 hour ago, fountain said:

spacer.png

January 20th

OMG !! :duca:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :WAP: Congrats, Remmy!

And thank you to all the judges! I’m glad you all had fun with my song! I wrote it in an hour, so this is better than I expected. :gaycat1:

4 hours ago, Augmented said:

@Jackson and @Remmyyou both delivered incredible entries for this Holiday Special! A song that feels like a whimsical winter dream and a beautiful melancholic song drenched in emotion absolutely nailed what I wanted to see so congratulations on the top 2 from me :clap3:

4 hours ago, Augmented said:

It was absolutely stunning from start to end! An emotional gut punch of a holiday track, this was the sort of song I was jealous I didn’t come up with so REALLY REALLY well done :hug::1stplace:

Thanks!! :hug::hug::hug: And oh wow at "sort of song I was jealous I didn't come up with" that's a big one :jonny2:

4 hours ago, fountain said:

The absolute SMASH… actually tied for #2 highest scoring song along with Augmented’s “When Tradition Falls” and Jackson’s “Reykjavik” from Season 1 :clap3: legends ONLY! 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Jackson said:

wow oh wow congrats @Remmy :clap3:i still need to read your song but from the reviews alone it’s already iconic :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Euterpe said:

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :WAP: Congrats, Remmy!

Thank you superstars :kiss:

7 hours ago, fountain said:

Which means…

at #1, scoring 9.83…

@Remmy with “Ghost of Christmas Past”!

Congrats Remmy, you have overthrown Mariah Carey to take the title of King of the Holidays 2022! This winter is your wonderland, and your song clearly managed to melt the ice in the judge’s hearts to give you such an impressive score. This is your highest scoring song to date, surpassing your final entry from Season 1 “Paper Airplane Crashes”. Amazing job, and congrats again! 

:foxaylove:

Congratulations @Remmy! It was beyond obvious from the reviews you were headed for the top spot, but wow at that score! Almost a perfect 10—and honestly it should have been, it really was a Christmas miracle of writing. :heart: So happy for you! Let me know what you'd like on your winner's token and I'll make it for you ASAP (I have a few days off coming into the new year).

7 hours ago, fountain said:

at #5, scoring 7.9…

@Aurora with “Gingerbread Man”!

This song becomes your Golden Hit debut… who knows when or if it may be followed in the future :eli:

A cute top five hit, I'll take it! I was honestly forecasting a #3-#5 peak based purely on the reviews—and won't lie I'm a little bummed at scoring below an 8—but I guess the world isn't ready for the Christsmut genre takeover just yet... maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people. :cookie:

Some stats: "Gingerbread Man" becomes my 36th highest scored song submitted for an ATRL writing tournament out of 81, outscoring 55.55% of my other songs. It outscored my other Christmas offering, "Alone at Christmastime", which debuted at #1 with a score of 7.5 back in December 2016. "Alone" now ranks at 45th on the Aurora All Time Chart™️, tied with three other songs: 2015's "A Devil Always Wins", 2019's "Imagination", and 2021's "Into My Sea".

I had so much fun writing this song and it was oddly therapeutic for me to get some of that energy out of my system, so I'm grateful for the experience to participate again after a few seasons of judging. Speaking of judging...

6 hours ago, fountain said:

spacer.png

January 20th

...aaaaand there she is! :smitten: We're so excited for Season 3 to begin and can't wait to share all of the new challenges with you. Hope you're ready for another six weeks of songwriting!

5 hours ago, JoeAg said:

finishing up reviews and scores right now! so many amazing entries and it feels like some of you really had (idk about the other judges lol) but my tastes in mind for the subversive and perverse. love it. almost ready, sorry i've taken so long, had a super hectic week

I'd definitely still be intrigued to hear your thoughts on "Alone at Christmastime, Pt. II". :eli:

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

Congratulations @Remmy! It was beyond obvious from the reviews you were headed for the top spot, but wow at that score! Almost a perfect 10—and honestly it should have been, it really was a Christmas miracle of writing. :heart: So happy for you! Let me know what you'd like on your winner's token and I'll make it for you ASAP (I have a few days off coming into the new year).

Thank you :kiss::kiss: And no way, I feel like even the 9.83 is a little generous :fan: But I'll certainly take it

I'd love another one honestly :celestial4: The two I've received are Gaga and Monty Mole, right? If so then I'd be down for a Taylor Swift coin so my other fave gets her shine. Maybe with a picture from one of the past 3 eras. :mandown:

4 hours ago, Remmy said:

Thank you :kiss::kiss: And no way, I feel like even the 9.83 is a little generous :fan: But I'll certainly take it

I'd love another one honestly :celestial4: The two I've received are Gaga and Monty Mole, right? If so then I'd be down for a Taylor Swift coin so my other fave gets her shine. Maybe with a picture from one of the past 3 eras. :mandown:

Yas you have bronze Monty and silver Gaga :clap3: completing the trinity in style as a winner!

I’ll edit it into the completed games & winners thread post when it’s made :gaycat1:

9 hours ago, Remmy said:

5 hours ago, fountain said:

Yas you have bronze Monty and silver Gaga :clap3: completing the trinity in style as a winner!

I’ll edit it into the completed games & winners thread post when it’s made :gaycat1:

Remmy's belated holiday gift—and the final Hit Token of 2022—has been awarded in the ATRL Songwriter's Studio! Keep up with all things Golden Hit between seasons here:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.