Golden Hit: Holiday Special ☃️ Congrats to Remmy! ❄️

fountain

M4g_WGLaHRE3FZwIGQYNnKy1G8Qvqh6T5lOEVb8CousMU9vkthGJhdQwOnESNjZs37IgtSU1B4PpyKtci5HGHPp6uRn48tSuo_D02Dsw0dCpQRP3o0MPJWupB8fZ-Ulwj4opoasfXAA7uSaG8hsJ44bCrtvfwN2DCvoWtIzmDWN9zTYcJb8LwcRVUuFjmg

Let’s get festive and end the year with some Holiday fun together!

After the Halloween Special in October went down well we've decided to do another Special, this time focusing on songs written for the Holiday season. 

For anybody who isn't familiar, Golden Hit is a songwriting game. Anybody can join, whether you’ve been writing songs for years, or never written one in your life! There’s no bad time to start, so why not give it a try?

We have a new set of great judges that will be going over each song submitted; together they will declare which songs are naughty or nice, who will receive coal and who will be getting the present of scoring #1!

Judges:

S6S43ZabhnPFfSJUt8wEYgg-bqxERGMbNbQ9VbaNjP9F_e1Xp5-zY4wMHeF_bnjDXXnqDpSy3sIwsYFE64CHTLWpkQygPY2q0rBPu5f-xkEFV-SyVwjiGH1OInmZdl4sGxFV-Pe4bPP5C_LuAQ-J_KNe4cHRbW4tDJMs6DrreJCi6ZhEydEi1tohYCiEhw 4JKwMUhUyFEM1o6_BhiwOdlrZJV7hdkXOTXGSHPLpu4vJxAaNGpraiuz415AdJOuHLXb42dOPa7xgBmuhNM4gzVL-Ihad3fd-R4yvP-SdC5gL4VFCiYJdyjo6e39AGIzCVbVH1T4kT-4TU5URrO1Mm1WYiwbZg5oZLdnpQjmPrsXT-x4JdTmaB83WeRq-A xj9u0K3SODlqpNrXKAYr9b15J7p_WGDdfEao55p5bbk2NS_cC4UeDBwKXrzfIw6ju2zNu0VKqqPQUgqj1Wgn7Pfeid-S4NwoX8Vk-mt5vnVj9Xz2IMHMYyoc36OK5k5YszClTyd7K24L1RNevphJ09cDylmgMdfioHLdMqTKyh5hfMuWUVz0-oKvm1pQ3A W-m-v3mDZPiOunRuKX94K1FRTGmCxCTaIcpLkOSaUlqVNUnW1C7fSt-iV9RucZxRG4870DsAA8XDW-yjncP2bp3UUQu9B6kLociojLAyAyUgkXLEWRYoomsxqDXQ_uEBIOTT256vikt5jmiPHXUvk1xDU_6vCHZ3jGcj6AN2fIUVwO4lL2ble_k8zYGsEA

@Augmented             @Achilles.                   @JoeAg                  @TruGemini

The four judges will read, review and score each song written, while also offering their feedback for each entry. Given all of their past successes in Golden Hit themselves, their judgement will definitely be valuable and useful constructively.

To specify, for this Holiday Special we specifically are asking for songs that are written revolving around and in the theme of the Holiday season. You don’t have to choose any one specific Holiday to draw inspiration from and we definitely encourage writers to be as ambitious and creative as they desire, but the songs submitted should ultimately be inspired by the festive season in some form, and that could be taken from any Holiday in spirit with this time of year

(eg. Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years, etc.)

As this is a busy time of year submissions will be open for one week starting from today, until 19th December 11:59PM eastern time.

Good luck and have fun!  

Submit here.

Countdown to submission deadline.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. 

Happy writing, and happy holidays!

☃️

Edited by fountain

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Augmented

So excited and honoured to have been asked to be a judge for this special holiday event! The festive season is my favourite time of the year so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions and your own interpretation of a holiday song! Will we get some festive bangers? some melancholic blues? Some Anti-Holiday tracks? Let’s see what the season brings…

How do we feel about a song from the perspective our favorite elf, Herby, from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer who only wanted to be a dentist?

• ATRL Moderator

Sign me bc I have an idea 

3 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

How do we feel about a song from the perspective our favorite elf, Herby, from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer who only wanted to be a dentist?

um that sounds perfect. just googled to familiarise myself, Justice for Herby tbh. let him live his dentist dreams through your song!

spacer.png

Edited by fountain

7 minutes ago, Augmented said:

So excited and honoured to have been asked to be a judge for this special holiday event! The festive season is my favourite time of the year so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions and your own interpretation of a holiday song! Will we get some festive bangers? some melancholic blues? Some Anti-Holiday tracks? Let’s see what the season brings…

you're gonna be a great judge king, i have no doubt :clap3: very happy to have you joining!

• ATRL Moderator

My Merry Christmas (To The One I Used to Know) is coming! Sign me up :jonnycat:

7 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Ooh is this from the 60s stop motion film? I’ve always wanted to watch that!! I remember when I was a kid the style of animation sort of creeped me out a bit for some reason :rip:

6 minutes ago, Element said:

Sign me bc I have an idea 

2 minutes ago, Legend E said:

the Halloween judges coming to sleigh I see! excited :santa:

9 minutes ago, StormFury said:

Submitted (I wrote it when I found out the challenge was happening)

not a submission already :laugh: thank you! your reputation for always submitting mere moments after the challenge is posted continues :gaycat4:

4 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Autocorrect did me wrong. His name is HERMEY.

@Augmented @fountain Get into him.

The one flick of paint at the end to just going back to his book :ahh: truly unbothered. Let me put this on my list of movies to watch 

27 minutes ago, Legend E said:

Oh taste, I’m going to be getting in my feels I fear :dancehall:

23 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

Autocorrect did me wrong. His name is HERMEY.

@Augmented @fountain Get into him.

Wait… an anti consumerism icon tbh! We have no choice but to stan

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

sign me up! 

Mother has arrived :clap:

2 hours ago, Augmented said:

Would you believe me if I said what I currently have planned is all three

---

1. StormFury

2. Euterpe

3. Element

4. Legend E

5. Julia Fox

6. Hug

etc.

Excited to judge you all! I already do, so I might as well get paid for it! :grump:

Hope you all remember to make the yuletide gay!

I have a chorus already! Although I mostly already had the idea for this song since Halloween so... :weeps: now the HARD part begins

48 minutes ago, Hug said:

Would you believe me if I said what I currently have planned is all three

---

1. StormFury

2. Euterpe

3. Element

4. Legend E

5. Julia Fox

6. Hug

etc.

38 minutes ago, Hug said:

I have a chorus already! Although I mostly already had the idea for this song since Halloween so... :weeps: now the HARD part begins

Returning for another win I see :clap:

44 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Excited to judge you all! I already do, so I might as well get paid for it! :grump:

Hope you all remember to make the yuletide gay!

Finally, it’s time :clap3:

Help I may have been having a bit too much fun with this. I'm excited to work on this later but I'm feeling a bit no thoughts head empty now! I have everything except a bridge but I'm also extending one of my verses. 

:santa:

Here's a hint about my song by the way, it does exude this energy.

Here’s a little holiday themed questionnaire for anybody that wants to answer and get festive:

☃️

How are you spending the Holidays this year?

Are there any specific Holiday traditions you/your family have?

What’s your favourite Holiday song?

Do you have a favourite Holiday movie?

What are your favourite Holiday foods?

Who are your favourite Holiday icons?
(eg. Hermey, Snowmen, Reindeer, Nutcracker, The Grinch etc.)

and the most important of all… is Santa Claus real?!

:santa:

As per usual, I stannn my first verse cause it’s fun and dumb. But now I’m stuck and can’t think of a cute prechorus to lead me to find the melody of the chorus to build off of. But lemme sign up since it’s a third done already lol. 

1. StormFury

2. Euterpe

3. Element

4. Legend E

5. Julia Fox

6. Hug

7.  Gavin. 

etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.