Zara Larsson - "Can't Tame Her"

Supervillain

I hate that ATRL has different threads for videos, I put my thoughts in the video thread by mistake :skull:

But:

The song is... fine. It's just so dated and one note.

Edited by nathanspears

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whatyouwant_

• Delusional

• calvinharrisfan

• MississippiZara

we need the second single in April with the album announcement/pre-order, and album release in June/July, just in time for summer 

ezgif-1-d6d3587440.thumb.gif.753f1ac8d01

1 minute ago, luckystrike said:

we need the second single in April with the album announcement/pre-order, and album release in June/July, just in time for summer 

ezgif-1-d6d3587440.thumb.gif.753f1ac8d01

I was thinking more of a second single at the end of March and album release end of April with a second IKEA concert

spacer.png 

Just now, Delusional said:

I was thinking more of a second single at the end of March and album release end of April with a second IKEA concert

spacer.png 

that's too soon for the album me thinks, knowing her ass she's gonna keep changing the track list every few weeks/adding new songs so I don't see us getting the album in the first half of the year :fan:

it’s fine, but overall pretty disappointing for me. the production in particular is so stale because it’s not a fresh or new take on the 80s sound, just a copy & paste. 

if she was going to jump on that trend so late then it needed to be a lot bigger and stronger. 

It's a bop but I'll probably forget about it after this week and barely listen again. The video was disappointing I was expecting a LML-sized serve

It definitely could've been more polished production wise. Her vocal during the bridge sounds so aggressive though. Besides that, it's a harmless little bop. Hope it will be able to pull some cute numbers so we don't have to wait for the album 32543245 years.

51 minutes ago, Yawn said:

it’s fine, but overall pretty disappointing for me. the production in particular is so stale because it’s not a fresh or new take on the 80s sound, just a copy & paste. 

if she was going to jump on that trend so late then it needed to be a lot bigger and stronger. 

Basically how I feel. I was actually pretty excited from the previews but it really doesn't punch very hard at all. It's a pretty safe by the numbers retro-inspired pop song. I hope it'll grow on me, but on first full listen it ain't all that.

2 hours ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

Massive bop. The production is addictive as hell. 

The BL comparisons are very tiring at this point.

This tbh, the song is great when you aren’t trying to convince yourself to hate it

The verses are wonderful, the melody is so catchy :WAP: Perfectly crafted pop song, after hearing it once I already memorised the lyrics :alexz:

This is fine but it's boring. And yeah absolutely a Blinding Lights/I'm So Excited mash-up :gaycat6:

She should have just released the excellence that is Love Me Land again considering no one heard it the first time round anyway.

not really a huge fan of it :doc:

sounds like blinding lights but lowkey better 

It's decent but it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too similar to Blinding Lights :rip:

Issa bop!

Idc if it is sonically similar to Blinding Lights - it's meant to be fun and mindless! :jamming:

Bebe Rexha, Sam Smith, Kim Petras, Meghan Trainer, Raye, Sabrina Carpenter…

TikTok, we claim and demand for Zara to be next 

The Craft Witch GIF

Love Zara to bits but yea this was kinda meh. The MV was really good tho 

At least it's a bop. Have a feeling it's gonna tank cause people are tired of the disco trend

I love the melodies and the video, but the production sounds so cheap and it annoys me.

Sounds like they just threw "blinding lights type beat" from independent/new producers on YouTube, picked one and put her to sing on it. I would love if someone created an edit with better production, i would've done that if i knew how to do it.

I don't mind the BL vibes but it's tiring actually. She's late to that trend. I hope she comes with something else for the 2nd single aside from that synthwave/disco energy, we've had enough

Edited by Lady Claire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.