H100: Anti-Hero 5x #1, AIWFCIY #5, Rockin Around The Christmas Tree #6

Renan90

01-taylor-swift-midnights-cr-Beth-Garrabrant-billboard-1548.jpg

Taylor Swift’s ‘Midnights’ Spends Fourth Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200

Also in the top 10: Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' returns, Rod Wave debuts & Michael Bublé brings 'Christmas' back.

Taylor Swift’s Midnights spends a fourth nonconsecutive week No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Dec. 3) as it holds atop the list with 177,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Nov. 24 (down 13%), according to Luminate.

Also in the new Billboard 200’s top 10: Michael Jackson’s former No. 1 Thriller returns to the region after its 40th anniversary reissue, vaulting 115-7; Rod Wave’s new Jupiter’s Diary: 7 Day Theory bows at No. 9; and Michael Bublé’s chart-topping Christmas jingles its way back to the top 10 with a 19-10 climb.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Dec. 3, 2022-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on Nov. 29. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/taylor-swift-midnights-fourth-week-number-one-billboard-200-chart-1235176707/

Billboard 200: #1(=) @taylorswift13, Midnights 177,000 (2,600,000 units since release). *fourth week at #1*

Billboard 200: #2(=) @Drake & @21savage, Her Loss 119,000 (693,000 units since release). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #3(=) Bad Bunny (@sanbenito), Un Verano Sin Ti 56,000 (3,113,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 13 weeks*

Billboard 200: #4(=) @lilbaby4PF, It's Only Me 48,000 (569,000 units since release). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #5(+1) @MorganWallen, Dangerous: The Double Album 42,000 (5,407,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #8(+1) @Harry_Styles, Harry’s House 33,000 (1,864,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 2 weeks*

Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' returns to the top 10 on the Billboard 200 for the first time this century at #7 with 37,000 sold, up 283%.

Billboard 200: #8(+1) @Harry_Styles, Harry’s House 33,000 (1,864,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 2 weeks*

Billboard 200: #9(new) Rod Wave, Jupiter’s Diary: 7 Day Theory 31,000 [43.32 million on-demand streams | 500 pure sales].

.@MichaelBuble's 'Christmas' rises to #10 on this week’s Billboard 200 with 31,000 sold, up 51%. It previously spent 5 weeks at #1.

taylor-swift-anti-hero-02-vid-billboard-1548.jpg

Taylor Swift’s ‘Anti-Hero’ Rules Hot 100 for Fifth Week, Mariah Carey Leads ‘Christmas’ Classics Back to Top 10

Brenda Lee, Bobby Helms & Burl Ives also sleigh ride back to the Hot 100's top 10.

Taylor Swift‘s “Anti-Hero” adds a fifth week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, encompassing its entire run on the survey so far.

Meanwhile, four holiday classics jingle all the way back to the Hot 100’s top 10: Mariah Carey‘s “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” up from No. 25 to No. 5; Brenda Lee’s “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” (41-6); Bobby Helms’ “Jingle Bell Rock” (50-9); and Burl Ives’ “A Holly Jolly Christmas” (a re-entry at No. 10).

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data. All charts (dated Dec. 3, 2022) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Nov. 29). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/taylor-swift-anti-hero-number-one-hot-100-fifth-week-mariah-carey-christmas-top-10-1235177005

Hot 100

#1 Anti Hero (=) [5x #1]

#2 Rich Flex (=)

#3 Unholy (=)

#4 Bad Habit (=)

#5 All I Want For Christmas Is You (+20)

#6 Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree (+65)

#7 I'm Good (Blue) [=]

#8 As It Was (-3)

#9 Jingle Bell Rock (+41)

#10 A Holy Jolly Christimas (RE)

Edited by Renan90

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• pride4jc1222

• PoisonedIvy

• Green

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor with an extremely strong fifth week at #1. :clap3: 

Everyone say thank you for the:

multiple physical variants,

streaming exclusive deluxe tracks,

merch-to-tour-presale lottery pipeline,

remixes,

frequent album releases per year,

McDonald’s level quality,

etc etc etc :clap3: 

Obviously Taylor is the only artist with this combination of factors that lead to her album’s massive success, hopefully other artists try it sometime :clap3: 

:clap3:

680k already for the Billboard tracking year. Should pass Hair Loss next week

Taylor runs the BB200 nnnn

More than Positions' first week, again 

:gaycat4: 

10 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Is she going to catch up to bad bunny before year end?  I did not think that was possible. 

I wasn’t thinking she could but now it’s looking pretty close. I think he’ll stay ahead by a hair unless she gets a good Christmas sale going for Midnights vinyl or CD’s (let’s get some stock in the physical retailers pls)

I mean if her fans keep streaming the album wont it keep being #1? This whole album equivalents thing has always been wierd to me. :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I mean if her fans keep streaming the album wont it keep being #1? This whole album equivalents thing has always been wierd to me. :deadbanana2:

well the entire album is being streamed which is the point of an album consumption chart and not by a single song which is the case for most people

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

well the entire album is being streamed which is the point of an album consumption chart and not by a single song which is the case for most people

I guess Im just wondering what are the pure sales? If people are still buying it week after week like they were 21 thats impressive but if her fans are just streaming it over and over well then its predictable that it will be #1 for a few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I guess Im just wondering what are the pure sales? If people are still buying it week after week like they were 21 thats impressive but if her fans are just streaming it over and over well then its predictable that it will be #1 for a few weeks. 

Well, she is moving 57k pure sales. That is stronger than the SPS units of everyone except Drake (and Drake is certainly not moving pure sales). 

5 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Not only it's also #1 in pure sales but your logic is completely stupid, welcome into the streaming era :rip: 

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

Well it’s not just the fans streaming, it’s the general population too. 86M unique listeners this past month on Spotify. Fans alone can’t do as much damage as Midnights is doing otherwise we would’ve kept Willow, cardigan, and All Too Well at #1 (or even top 5) for more than just one week each.

Thats not even mentioning the fact all 13 Midnights tracks have charted on the Hot 100 for 5 weeks straight. I’m sorry but those are colossal streams and much bigger than just a fanbase streaming “over and over again.”

Plus her other albums wouldn’t be rising too if people were so focused on “”mass streaming”” Midnights. But she has SIX albums in the top 50, and NINE charting overall. Most other females artists have two at most. 

TL;DR: Taylor’s fanbase is big but they’re not the sole reason for this albums success. Far from it.

Michael Jackson :clap3:

Morgan back in the Top 5 :deadbanana4:

Not these streaming farms allegations for Taylor. :rip: 

17 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Why do you guys still pretending we aren't in the streaming era? And keep bringing up Adele when this is not about her?  And it's not even that Taylor is someone like Drake who only has streaming and no sales... Taylor is literally the biggest album seller nowadays, even more than Adele. :skull:

177k is very impressive :gaycat6:

It's her second best 5th week in the SPS era and only behind '1989', which is literally her biggest album ever:

339k - '1989'
177k - 'Midnights'

100k - 'reputation'

98k - 'folklore'

68k - 'RED (TV)'

65k - 'Lover'

55k - 'evermore'

The way she snatched her biggest album since '1989' (and that with reputation-Lover-folklore all being massive albums themselves)… just crazy :gaycat6:

Smash :clap3:

Next week should be locked too despite the big thanksgiving streaming drops 

What happened to Roddy Ricch? Was HDD that off

Christmas album already in Top 10 when it's not even December :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

:clap3:

680k already for the Billboard tracking year. Should pass Hair Loss next week

Hair Loss is a collab album so Drake is only gettin half the points from it :WAP:

1 hour ago, FightForTanas said:

are you really this dimwitted or just pretending to be? 

1. if an album is getting streamed, then it should be #1 period.

2. she's got the most unique listener and monthly listener on spotify. this isnt just her fans having it on repeat. it wouldnt be possible to do the numbers she's pulling with fans alone, and

3. if it's really all from fans, then her fanbase alone mustve been bigger than 99.999% of the GP-darling artists; in that case it would make be even more impressive feat than having the biggest GP outreach itself. 

Edited by JuanitoKasicki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.