Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? reaches 1B streams on Spotify

Nefertiti0

12 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

You can't seriously think Arctic monkeys are two hit wonders, can you? :ace:

on a global level only this song and Do I Wanna Know are recognizable classics. With other albums, they had a bunch of local success in the UK, but on a WW level only these two songs really did some damage outside of it.

Edited by Hot Volcano

12 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

You can't seriously think Arctic monkeys are two hit wonders, can you? :ace:

I wouldn’t be shocked if AM the album eventually has 4 1 billion steamed songs. They are also likely gonna have FIVE eventually because of “505” too. 

“I Wanna Be Yours” is currently #1 on their Spotify & at 720M plays.  It’s #32 on global Spotify currently w/ 2.16M plays yesterday so it is likely gonna reach 1B within the next year.

”R U Mine?” is also at 716M plays and is still #5 on their Spotify. Will take longer to get there but I think it eventually will.

”505” is at 885M plays and is #4 on their Spotify & was charting earlier this year so it is likely gonna pass 1B within next year or 2.

Just now, Paranoid Android said:

It's a rock band. The genre doesn't work on singles or chart peaks. And still they have many other huge songs. 

Even if we were to go by this bizarre billion streams singles standard, just look at this. 

Wait, I had no idea 505 was their song :rip: So yea, guess you are right.

The longevity of AM is just astounding, I expected it to be stayed as a Tumblr classic but it’s still going so strong.. 12th most streamed album this week on Spotify :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

on a global level only this song and Do I Wanna Know are recognizable classics. With other albums, they had a bunch of local success in the UK, but on a WW level only these two songs really did some damage outside of it.

They had a lot of others viral songs in the last years.

The song 505 has 900M streams on spotify, a 2007 song. Fluorescent adolescent from the same album has 600M streams. 

Also AM has more than 2 smash hits

Do i wanna know 1.5B

Are you mine 716M

Why's you... 1B

I wanna be yours 720M

i wanna be yours has never been a single. 

Edited by vale9001

In 2013 the girls were fighting between "a Katy or a Gaga" and then the english band got the ultimate ultra classic :deadbanana2:

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

Probably the biggest two hit wonders of all time?

Of course airhead like you stan Camila  :toofunny2:

Discover AM last year, and its already one of my most played recurrent album.

Such a great album

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.