4 Israeli teenagers sent to prison (again) for refusing to join the IDF

State of Grace.

This barely gets any coverage in global or Israeli Hebrew media because it doesn't help the 'only democracy in the Middle East' but props to them :clap3: 

serving:

ATRL’s #1 news source on Israel was (surprisingly) silent about this :coffee2:

OT: You don’t have to serve in the military; you can do charity work.

I can’t judge them too much for not wanting to spend 3 years in the army when even my boyfriend (the most pro-Israel Israeli ever) thinks it shouldn’t last more than a year for regular people.

Edited by ProudLBS

What does this have to do with democracy? Israel, like many democracies such as Austria, Switzerland and Norway has mandatory service. Obviously if you refuse to go you are breaking a local law and will get penalized or arrested for it. Only Arab citizens of Israel are exempt from this - I suppose that’s the apartheid law they were criticizing?

Edited by Dephira

JustLikeHoney

Brave, I hope Israel changes it's IDF policy, but a law is a law. If you are living in that country, you should be abiding by it. 

We used to send people to jail for dodging the draft in the U.S. too. 

Dense pro-Israel bandits in here, all being Ga Ga fans too. Not surprised though.

OT: Brave kids :clap3:

59 minutes ago, Dephira said:

What does this have to do with democracy? Israel, like many democracies such as Austria, Switzerland and Norway has mandatory service. Obviously if you refuse to go you are breaking a local law and will get penalized or arrested for it. Only Arab citizens of Israel are exempt from this - I suppose that’s the apartheid law they were criticizing?

I don't know much about Austria, but in Switzerland only fines are applied in case people refuse to serve, service for women is voluntary tho, and conscientious objectors can choose days of community service instead of military service.

In Norway, pacifists — like these 4 Israeli teens — can be exempted. 

Now, this is not the only reason why I don't see israel as a democracy. I mean they don't have a constitution, they don't separate religion and state, they just pass religious laws on social issues. Ultra orthodox women in Israel are not free from male chauvinism and they eventually control more land, which is an encroachment on the Palestinians.

2 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

OT: You don’t have to serve in the military; you can do charity work.

I can’t judge them too much for not wanting to spend 3 years in the army when even my boyfriend (the most pro-Israel Israeli ever) thinks it shouldn’t last more than a year for regular people.

Yeah, this place is the most anti - israeli place ive seen. And the lack of knowledge here is ridiculous. 

Good for them. They have the right to protest.

2 hours ago, Dephira said:

I think Haredi Jews (Ultra-Orthodox) are also not required to serve in the IDF as long as they are full-time Yeshiva students.

3 hours ago, e_yal said:

Yeah, this place is the most anti - israeli place ive seen. And the lack of knowledge here is ridiculous. 

NB92XW.jpg

7 hours ago, ProudLBS said:

Cause everyone knows you and the OP of that thread are far-right Europeans with fascist tendencies who have to be suffering from cognitive dissonance to continually try and paint the Israeli government (since that's who you're running defense for here) as the true victim here.

You can't try and weaponize an Israeli teen being killed while being silent on the numbers being exponentially higher for Palestinians because one is a totalitarian force and the other is a demographic trying to survive (spoiler: it's not the neocolonialist force with tanks paid for by US tax dollars).

From literally the same day as the news quoted in that thread:

Someone could have easily posted this news in retaliation, but they thought to have tact and be respectful. Clearly those concepts elude someone as bigoted as you given your behavior in this thread to defend the way the Israeli state harms even its own citizens.

Edited by Communion

7 hours ago, Brunette Ambition said:

Deserved. They should be put on a list too. 

:biblio:

26 minutes ago, Communion said:

Cause everyone knows

that the OP of this thread has Google Alerts set up for “Israel” and is very selective about the news he posts? :wink: 

4 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

that the OP of this thread has Google Alerts set up for “Israel” and is very selective about the news he posts? :wink: 

It's nearly 11 PM on the Iberian Peninsula. Go to bed and leave your constant racism for another day. 

Just now, Communion said:

It's nearly 11 PM on the Iberian Peninsula. Go to bed and leave your constant racism for another day. 

It’s 9:26 PM where I am :wink:

But it’s 4:26 PM in New Jersey, aren’t you at work?

6 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

But it’s 4:26 PM in New Jersey, aren’t you at work?

More reason for me to be concerned that my tax dollars are going to a genocidal apartheid state who locks up people who don't want to participate in a military that rapes and kills children. :cm:

Even the Israeli mainstream is becoming too far right for the US to ignore:

24 minutes ago, Communion said:

More reason for me to be concerned that my tax dollars are going

taxation is theft indeed :clap3: finally something we agree on!

24 minutes ago, Communion said:

Even the Israeli mainstream

Some crazy Haredi is not representative of the Israeli mainstream at all.

Not me being a right wing fascist when that one user is a genocide denier and actively rooted for Ukraine to surrender to Russia in the beginning of the invasion :skull: pot, meet kettle

OT: I was told all Israelis are far right fascists, what do you mean there are Israelis that don’t support their government? :confused: 

12 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Some crazy Haredi is not representative of the Israeli mainstream at all.

Zionists don't even have the support of American Jews anymore. It's pushed itself into this far-right ethnonationalist corner and now has to deal with the ramifications of being led by fascists. :skull:

59 minutes ago, Communion said:

Zionists don't even have the support of American Jews anymore

Would you expect the average Italian American to be more concerned about (pick 2):

1) the economy

2) the crime rate of their area

3) the Sicilian town their family originates from and that they visited once as a kid

I always read the small print miss Communion :rofl:

Edited by ProudLBS

1 hour ago, ZIVERT said:

Not me being a right wing fascist when that one user is a genocide denier and actively rooted for Ukraine to surrender to Russia in the beginning of the invasion :skull:

I have screenshots of him denying some genocide, but I can’t remember which one :deadbanana:

Edited by ProudLBS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.