Alone at Thanksgiving?

PieceByPiece_KC

This is my first Thanksgiving alone in a new city and couldn't make it home. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Not in a similar boat but maybe will be one day. (Not saying you’re not) be grateful you got to move to a new city and have another day of life

1 minute ago, Almodusa said:

Not saying you’re not) be grateful you got to move to a new city and have another day of life

not ungrateful. Just a little sad

1 minute ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

not ungrateful. Just a little sad

Yeah I understand that. Idk if this is the best advise but perhaps think of it as another regular day :michael: (lowkey is a day we just give random significance to)

Ive had thanksgiving alone for the past 3 years. I was going to make myself something but everything was close except this chinese restaurant near me so i just had that. As ive gotten older i no longer see thanksgiving xmas or other holidays as special anymore. When i was a child i use to love them but then life happened. 

It was me and my cat today. Moved to a new city this year to be with my significant other, but they're on night shifts for a few weeks.  

I missed family time today but plan to make it another year in the future when it's affordable. :heart:

32 minutes ago, Distantconstellation said:

Ive had thanksgiving alone for the past 3 years. I was going to make myself something but everything was close except this chinese restaurant near me so i just had that. As ive gotten older i no longer see thanksgiving xmas or other holidays as special anymore. When i was a child i use to love them but then life happened. 

same here

1 hour ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

This is my first Thanksgiving alone in a new city and couldn't make it home. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Aw I'm sorry. I'd be a little sad too, and almost wasn't able to get home. I live over 10 hours away and would have been stuck here if my mom didn't help me get back.

I spent it with family and I am grateful for that but my family is all over the world except for my parents so the holidays are hard and they no longer feel the same from when I was a child. I wish I could spend it alone. For Christmas I might just book a room and tell my family I’m spending it with friends.

It’s sort of the best thing ever if you can travel internationally bc of the long weekend.  I’m thinking of doing it next year bc I see my family often.  

Thanksgiving & my own birthday and i'm alone!  It's crap! i'm not used to be single on my birthday

NC8Vtay.gif

Tested positive for covid literally this morning so for those reasons, had to spend it alone :monkey:

I've had covid this week(my first time after spending the past year going to concerts, music festivals, and disneyland several times:deadbanana4:) so I had to be alone. My family packed up some dinner carefully and left it at my door though. :heart:

6 minutes ago, Century said:

I've had covid this week(my first time after spending the past year going to concerts, music festivals, and disneyland several times:deadbanana4:) so I had to be alone. My family packed up some dinner carefully and left it at my door though. :heart:

That's really sweet. My family I feel like would do that too. Hope you feel better soon.

I treated Thanksgiving as a regular day (with no work!), so I was fine. I am thankful that I am still living with my family though :heart: (although, hopefully, I will able to move out in the near future).

Btw, we celebrate thanksgiving in October in Canada.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.