Saweetie's “The Single Life” mixtape sells 2K first week!

SmittenCake

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmittenCake

• WERKER

• SweetTalker

• wehavetostan

Top Posters In This Topic

Is female rap really “flourishing”? Even a household name like Cardi is struggling to launch her second album, and someone like Megan Thee Stallion who has huge industry push and GP recognition struggle to produce hit singles and projects. Hell, even Nicki hasn’t been able to get a real hit for years now until SFG. It’s not shocking that rappers like Latto, City Girls, Saweetie, etc. can barley chart. I wonder why it is that these girls can get really stable social media and GP followings but have to do x20 times the work and promo (alongside being lucky really) to get a hit. I don’t like her, but Nicki in the early - mid 2010s was truly the pinnacle of a mainstream female rapper, even though Cardi has the #1s and Grammys, Nicki felt like a consistent star that could confidently be next to the Kanyes and Drakes. We won’t have that for a long time.

1 hour ago, SweetTalker said:

That Iggy stan needs to GO. Are u not tired?????? As an Iggy stan, I still have nightmares of having to deal with the trolling and setting up he did with his other account back in the day. go brag about her achievements on the base. Anyway. 

-

Poor saweetie but expected i guess? 

exactly. as someone who also stans iggy this person is really making me start to not wanna stan her anymore :rip:

1 minute ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Is female rap really “flourishing”? Even a household name like Cardi is struggling to launch her second album, and someone like Megan Thee Stallion who has huge industry push and GP recognition struggle to produce hit singles and projects. Hell, even Nicki hasn’t been able to get a real hit for years now until SFG. It’s not shocking that rappers like Latto, City Girls, Saweetie, etc. can barley chart. I wonder why it is that these girls can get really stable social media and GP followings but have to do x20 times the work and promo (alongside being lucky really) to get a hit. I don’t like her, but Nicki in the early - mid 2010s was truly the pinnacle of a mainstream female rapper, even though Cardi has the #1s and Grammys, Nicki felt like a consistent star that could confidently be next to the Kanyes and Drakes. We won’t have that for a long time.

never doubt the power of h*rny straight men :eli:

Just now, Nihilego said:

exactly. as someone who also stans iggy this person is really making me start to not wanna stan her anymore :rip:

I have never seen you before in any of my threads updating Iggy's career. Keep in mind, I'm the only person on this forum that does. Meanwhile yourself and the other one never shine light on anything surrounding around Iggy. You two can keep hollaring about "sMiTtEnCaKe mAkEs mE NoT WaNt tO StAn aNyMoRe " and it wouldn't change a damn thing :rip: please burn that stan card considering you cant put it to good use. 

32 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

between this and Glorilla and Latto’s sales female rap is truly flourishing rn !

Glorilla sales were good though. I'm not sure about Latto...did she release already? 

Well is this good or bad for her standards?

12 minutes ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

You forget Doja. She is as much a rapper as she is a pop star. Lizzo also operates in pop/rap.

16 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

Glorilla sales were good though. I'm not sure about Latto...did she release already? 

They both sold less than like 30k and didn’t hit Top 10 idk in what reality that’s considered good but it’s not this one :rip:

1 minute ago, Nip Tuck said:

They both sold less than like 30k and didn’t hit Top 10 idk in what reality that’s considered good but it’s not this one :rip:

Wow. I didn't know about this. One reason why its important to have a stable, huge, dedicated fanbase. I think Nicki and Doja have done good in that department. 

Saweetie is gonna go down the influencer/talk show host pipeline. She’ll be among the Adrienne Bailon, Keke Palmer, and Tia and Tamera-type girls.

Edited by americanlife

1 hour ago, Nip Tuck said:

GloRilla’s EP went #11. Relax, she’s still up and coming

1 hour ago, Nip Tuck said:

:redface:

1 minute ago, wehavetostan said:

GloRilla’s EP went #11. Relax, she’s still up and coming

up and coming with what 

ezgif-6-5f14b0022c37.thumb.gif.23d8a1d3e

48 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

up and coming with what 

ezgif-6-5f14b0022c37.thumb.gif.23d8a1d3e

fan support, solid raps, and a unique sound. 3/3 things Saweetie lacks, which is why Saweetie's only charting EP peaked at #85.

11 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

fan support, solid raps, and a unique sound. 3/3 things Saweetie lacks, which is why Saweetie's only charting EP peaked at #85.

Saweetie was doing well in the beginning as well babe, these tiktok/social media clout girls don’t last, including Glorilla. 

time to bring back the Saweetie Meal

2 hours ago, Breathe On Moi said:

Saweetie was doing well in the beginning as well babe, these tiktok/social media clout girls don’t last, including Glorilla. 

I understand where you’re coming from, but I think Saweetie’s initial success had less to do with her rapping ability and had more to do with her marketability. I think over time, people will stick to listening to female rappers with better raps (like Glo, Megan, etc). Time will tell though

Can we get this Iggy Stan thread banned because quite frankly not a single one of us other Iggy fans could care less about what this troll says. He’s flamebaitex the entire thread. 

Where was the alien sis when SweetTalker, Supersize, Nonnie and myself were supporting Iggy on old ATRL nowhere. 

i didn't know she rapped, i thought she worked at McDonald's or something 

zo0GhVR.gif

12 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

I feel like yes and no. Her inability to get another hit says that the album would’ve had no legs if the hit singles were not attached. People don’t take her seriously as a rap girl. And I don’t think she’s done anything to prove herself as a rapper either? Idk i don’t follow her closely. 

yeah i meant more if she had dropped it when Tap In was a hit, because then she would have had Best Friend with Doja as a follow-up to give it legs. If she had dropped an album after Best Friend she would have had a cute debut, stick around a bit like Latto's 777 and probably tumbled down the charts, unless there's an undiscovered hit song she didn't put out yet or that song with H.E.R. performed a bit better than it did if it had been rushed as a follow up. 

Another thing with Saweetie is that we never known when the music was actually recorded. It's like she is always sporadically recording music, so there's no way to know if at a certain point her singles and hits were all part of a sole project. They all weirdly sound like a one-off. At least with Cardi I can still see WAP and Up making a lot of sense as part of CB2, even Hot ****, but the song's performance and Kanye's antics might warrant an exclusion. 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.