Songs that Outlived their Chart Peak

Armani?

Released December 1988

#44 Billboard Hot 100

#1 R&B/Hip Hop Charts

Screenshot-20221123-093852-Chrome.jpg

Over 2 million units in the digital & streaming era alone for a song from the 80s, not everyone can relate :giraffe:

Meghan's Better When I'm Dancin' is 2x Platinum and a streaming hit despite not entering the Hot 100!

Stone Cold, Confident, Cool For The Summer basically whole Confident era

hot 100

Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana peaked at #6.

Toxic by Britney peaked at #9.

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen peaked at #9 (in the 70's)

Highway to hell by AC/ Dc peaked at #17

Creep by Radiohead peaked at #34

The sound of silence by Simon and Garfunkel peaked at #42

very different eras between them and from now but they are such classics everyone knows you should expect everyone of them at least in the top 3. 

Taylor’s 22. I think that that song is more remembered than WANEGBT and IKYWT nowadays.

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

hot 100

Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana peaked at #6.

Toxic by Britney peaked at #9.

Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen peaked at #9 (in the 70's)

Highway to hell by AC/ Dc peaked at #17

Creep by Radiohead peaked at #34

The sound of silence by Simon and Garfunkel peaked at #42

very different eras between them and from now but they are such classics everyone knows you should expect everyone of them at least in the top 3. 

I have no idea what the last 2 are and never even heard of the last artist :huh:

-

Lovely (Billie), No Role Modelz (J Cole)

9 minutes ago, Machete said:

I have no idea what the last 2 are and never even heard of the last artist :huh:

That's your problem, Creep and Sound of Silence are very definitive of the periods they came out in.

JoshSpears1805

Man I feel like a woman only peaked #23 on hot 100

38 minutes ago, Machete said:

-

That's on you girl 

OT: Wildest Dreams and Style

45 minutes ago, Machete said:

Creep has over 1 billion streams on Spotify and it's an absolute classic come on now :deadbanana4:

OT: Most rock songs tbh

50 minutes ago, Machete said:

-

How do you not know Creep? :rip:

2 hours ago, Machete said:

And stan this, tragic to say the least

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Machete said:

it's not for the uncultured girls :gaycat5:

-

ARUTW. 

H.E.R. & Daniel Caesar's Best Part peaked at #75 yet it has about 500k daily streams (last time i checked) and almost 1B streams on Spotify

Billie and Khalid's lovely also peaked at #64 but has over 2B streams on Spotify

and idk if this counts but Janet's Rhythm Nation (title track) peaked at #2 while the other singles went #1 yet it's the most remembered song off the album, same with MJ's Thriller peaked at #4 

6 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

H.E.R. & Daniel Caesar's Best Part peaked at #75 yet it has about 500k daily streams (last time i checked) and almost 1B streams on Spotify

Billie and Khalid's lovely also peaked at #64 but has over 2B streams on Spotify

and idk if this counts but Janet's Rhythm Nation (title track) peaked at #2 while the other singles went #1 yet it's the most remembered song off the album, same with MJ's Thriller peaked at #4 

Yeah it's fun thriller didn't peak in the top 3 at least. Every song on Thriller is famous  but I think Billie Jean and Beat it are more popular today than Thriller (the song)  so it's not that crazy. 

I think Beyoncé has several: 

• Upgrade U (#59) 

• Listen (#61)

• End Of Time (not charting)

• Countdown (#71)

• Dance For You (#78)

• Run The World (#29) 

• Love On Top (#20) 

• Pretty Hurts (not charting)

• Dangerously In Love (60M streams, peaked #57) 

All songs are certified Platinum or more, with each songs being streamed 100M times on Spotify alone (except DIL). Upgrade U for example had 100M streams on both platform. Same goes to Countdown & RTW. RTW & LOT had 400M & 500M streams respectively, more than many #1 and top ten hits of recent years (bout to be over 1B with YT) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.