Madonna: 2.5 successful eras in 30 years, why?

Pristine

Taylor is apparently releasing her biggest albums since 1989 meanwhile according to actual statistics it's completely different.

:deadbanana2:

Apparently she is "bigger" than Madonna and has "surpassed" her.

Not with those album sales.

:deadbanana:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• WildHeart

• Pristine

• Jjang

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

1989: 24 million

Lover: 9 million

Folklore: 8 million

Noticing anything?

Why must the Swifties always troll us?

Comparing 5 years old album's sales to 2 years old album's sales and talking about trolling in the same post :zzz:

Midnights didn't sell more than Evermore yet, looks like the decline continues... 

Also screaming at you rounding 10.9M to 11M but 9.9M to 9M ffff :gaycat7:

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

Comparing 5 years old album's sales to 2 years old album's sales and talking about trolling in the same post :zzz:

Midnights didn't sell more than Evermore yet, looks like the decline continues... 

You Swifties have literally been comparing not only Taylor's album sales in her climate against Madonna's in her climate, but also compared their success with their respective ages at the time.

Are you serious?

:deadbanana4:

And also not understanding how Madonna was ten times more polarizing than Taylor whereas Taylor is more safe (nothing wrong with that). Madonna meant to piss people off.

7 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

Celebration and Hard Candy sold really well WW

and she had two massive world tours in her 50’s. 

she wasn’t getting #1s but she was selling quite well in her 40’s and 50’s considering the fact that by then most pop stars are not marketable anymore. 

taylor is successful because she’s marketed to basic white girls who eat their feelings because their crush won’t text back.

what saved Madonna was that she was a world wide pop star not limited to the anglosphere. Look up the insane tour gross her MDNA tour did in South America or her Rebel Heart tour did in Asia (at 55 years old) 

Madonna is WHITE, white people like her + the twinks. Are you saying Madonna didn't privilege from being white but Taylor did? Sure.

Y'all need to stfu about **** you don't know,  acting as if you know what me and every black person/minority listens to 

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

You Swifties have literally been comparing not only Taylor's album sales in her climate against Madonna's in her climate, but also compared their success with their respective ages at the time.

I didn't. :zzz:

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

And also not understanding how Madonna was ten times more polarizing than Taylor whereas Taylor is more safe (nothing wrong with that). Madonna meant to piss people off.

I didn't say a word about this either. :zzz:

7 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Madonna is WHITE, white people like her + the twinks. Are you saying Madonna didn't privilege from being white but Taylor did? Sure.

Y'all need to stfu about **** you don't know,  acting as if you know what me and every black person/minority listens to 

Madonnas biggest fanbase are not even whites. Theyre south americans and basically all romance speaking countries of europe.
She kicks the status quos ass. Taylor IS the status quo and caters all her music to basic whites

Edited by wanderlust

3 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

She didn't start truly bombing until after the Super Bowl and MDNA :gaydonnacat1:

Yet her remix album is

doing better than some girls studio album

5 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

not even whites

south americans

romance speaking countries of europe 

:toofunny2:

Madonna isn’t the queen of anything. They GP stopped using her more than a decade ago. Today the average young-millennial and Gen-Z wouldn’t even recognize her or ANY (!) of her songs, yet they know Michael Jackson, Celine and Mariah. 

The gays have overblown her success and overhyped her status in culture and music industry cuz they were happy to have a mainstream ally since the 80s :michael:

2 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

He doesn't have a single post in the Taylor Swift base. 

cool it, buster! 

I stay Taylor yes  but I donts post in base cos swifites stay delusional!

40 minutes ago, Venice B said:

True Blue is one of the most successful eras by a female artist what are you doing :huh:

fat chance, buster.

True Blue not counted in my post I said past 30 years sis

28 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

Madonnas biggest fanbase are not even whites. Theyre south americans and basically all romance speaking countries of europe.
She kicks the status quos ass. Taylor IS the status quo and caters all her music to basic whites

What race are the romance speaking Europeans then? :bloo:

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Taylor fans:

"OMG TAYLOR IS GETTING BIGGER WITH EACH ALBUM"

Meanwhile:

1989: 9x Platinum

Lover: 3x Platinum

Folklore: 2x Platinum.

So.......

You forgot 

Evermore: 1x :deadbanana2:

Midnights is actually the first time ever since 1989 (8 years and 4 brand new albums) that she hasn’t declined in sales from era to era and swifties are acting like that has been the trend with her entire career. It’s insanity.

Edited by georgechxng

Madonna is very successful, and so is Taylor. There was no need to bring Taylor into this. :!ohno:

30 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

Midnights is actually the first time ever since 1989 (8 years and 4 brand new albums) that she hasn’t declined in sales from era to era and swifties are acting like that has been the trend with her entire career. It’s insanity.

I thought Folklore was at least 5x plat by the way they talk about it since it's her ''re-peak'' or something :deadbanana:turns out it's multi-plat in 2 countries only

3 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I thought Folklore was at least 5x plat by the way they talk about it since it's her ''re-peak'' or something :deadbanana:turns out it's multi-plat in 2 countries only

MadonnasBoyfriend
8 hours ago, Pristine said:

Everyone know Madonna peaked with GP in the 80s and ha career essentially wrapped up after Immaculate collections.

She has just 2.5 success ears since with RoL, Confression and maybes Music. 
~Why is the elderly nudist celebrated so much on ATRL when it 3 decades with min success?

Taylor Swift have 3.5 successful eras since 2020 :deadbanana4:

Isn't Madonna like 60 :deadbanana4: and it's Thanksgiving go eat with your family.. . :priceless:

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

Not "maybe Music", an album that sold over 10 million copies and produced the biggest WW hit of 2000 :rip: 

Hard Candy is at 6M+ units overall with a $400M grossing tour, another successful era

17 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Not "maybe Music", an album that sold over 10 million copies and produced the biggest WW hit of 2000 :rip: 

Hard Candy is at 6M+ units overall with a $400M grossing tour, another successful era

a panned album with 6m CDs in landfill 

not to mention Erotica got shipped back, just like Janet said sis

10 minutes ago, Pristine said:

not to mention Erotica got shipped back, just like Janet said sis

Seems like all of Taylor's albums got shipped back after 1989 as well according to your logic.

:soda:

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Seems like all of Taylor's albums got shipped back after 1989 as well according to your logic.

:soda:

fancy that, buster

but "ring ring ring goes the telephone the lights are on but there nobody home" ha most known lyric of the past 2 decade

:gaycat6:

5 minutes ago, Pristine said:

fancy that, buster

but "ring ring ring goes the telephone the lights are on but there nobody home" ha most known lyric of the past 2 decade

:gaycat6:

Tick tick tock it's a quarter to two.

And I'm done.

I'm hanging up on you.

:jonny5:

SO ICONIC.

13 hours ago, Pristine said:

and ha career essentially wrapped up after Immaculate collections.

How old are you because this statement makes you seem like you're 12 and never saw any of her past eras. :bibliahh: