Madonna: 2.5 successful eras in 30 years, why?

Pristine

Everyone know Madonna peaked with GP in the 80s and ha career essentially wrapped up after Immaculate collections.

She has just 2.5 success ears since with RoL, Confression and maybes Music. 
~Why is the elderly nudist celebrated so much on ATRL when it 3 decades with min success?

Taylor Swift have 3.5 successful eras since 2020 :deadbanana4:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris

• WildHeart

• Pristine

• Jjang

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebration and Hard Candy sold really well WW

and she had two massive world tours in her 50’s. 

she wasn’t getting #1s but she was selling quite well in her 40’s and 50’s considering the fact that by then most pop stars are not marketable anymore. 

taylor is successful because she’s marketed to basic white girls who eat their feelings because their crush won’t text back.

what saved Madonna was that she was a world wide pop star not limited to the anglosphere. Look up the insane tour gross her MDNA tour did in South America or her Rebel Heart tour did in Asia (at 55 years old) 

5 minutes ago, Pristine said:

Everyone know Madonna peaked with GP in the 80s and ha career essentially wrapped up after Immaculate collections.

~Why is the elderly nudist celebrated so much on ATRL when it 3 decades with min success?

When you think the post can't get worse

5 minutes ago, Pristine said:

But there is actually one more line that will turn this thread into another Swifties vs everyone. THIS IS EXHAUSTING PLEASE STOP :rip:

She had an enormous peak followed by some slower years followed by an enormous re-peak, and now she's a legacy act with the ability to sell out stadiums with a snap of her fingers. That's more than any female could hope for really. :dies:

Well when you cause as much controversy, social change and are banned from radio play in an entire country like Madonna obviously success isn't that easy to came by. However her legacy continues to live on and that's all that matter. 

#BeTheChange #MusicNottheBling #InnovationNotStagnation

Madonna making ATRL feeling this threatened lately out of nowhere lmao

27 minutes ago, Pristine said:

30 years ago (1992) she released EROTICA - 6M sold

28 years ago (1994) she released BEDTIME STORIES - 8M sold

27 years ago (1995) she released SOMETHING TO REMEMBER - 10M sold

26 years ago (1996) she released EVITA OST - 7M sold

24 years ago (1998) she released RAY OF LIGHT - 16M sold

22 years ago (2000) she released MUSIC - 12M sold

21 years ago (2001) she released GHV2 - 7M sold

19 years ago (2003) she released AMERICAN LIFE - 5M sold

17 years ago (2005) she released CONFESSIONS ON THE DANCEFLOOR - 10M sold

14 years ago (2008) she released HARD CANDY - 4M sold

13 years ago (2009) she released CELEBRATION - 4M sold

and then she's had 3 flop eras and some life albums and compilations that add around 4M

So... 93M albums sold... and 11 successful albums.... in the last 30 years

WTH?

And I'm not even a Madonna stan... but you guys have to stop with the BS

Edited by zzmyth

29 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

taylor is successful because she’s marketed to basic white girls who eat their feelings because their crush won’t text back.

the random taylor lashing :bibliahh:

ot: obvious troll thread :toofunny2:

35 minutes ago, Pristine said:

maybes Music. 

so 15M is half successful? taylor has 1.5 successful eras in her whole career then :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, unison stan said:

so 15M is half successful? taylor has 1.5 successful eras in her whole career then :deadbanana4:

Even “flops” like Bedtime Stories moved 12m units (CM) :rip: 

Because success isn't everything and Madonna cares more about being an artist and waking people up instead of putting them to sleep with the same repetitive teen love songs and draining their bank accounts with multiple variants and dynamic pricing.

Erotica (yes I still think it was successful even though it sold half of Like a Prayer, it had multiple hits and is 2x platinum), Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions on a Dance Floor and Hard Candy were all successful so idk what the OP is talking about

Sometimes I hate Madonna for normalizing ***ots, maybe she shouldn't have supported them after all.

3OtL.gif

56 minutes ago, Sept said:

What is a successful era?

not love sux thats for sure

1 hour ago, Pristine said:

And the GP could probably name more songs in those "2.5 successful eras" since the 80s than in all of Taylor's albums since maybe Reputation. :toofunny3:

Success doesn't equal impact, hun.

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

Even “flops” like Bedtime Stories moved 12m units (CM) :rip: 

and even her compilation album something to remember and soundtrack evita sold more than 10M pure each :deadbanana4:

This thread should be closed, it’s flame bait and not even true. She has the 2 biggest female tours in history both within the last 15 year. 

Wanna ask why? Everything is why, why, why. Why me, why you, why everybody else? Okay. Why don't you ask yourself: why? Ask yourself why aren't you aware around you. Why am I rich? Because I work hard. I took care of myself. Why am I poor? Because I don't work, I don't sacrifice for myself. Okay, why am I not blonde? Because I'm Asian. Why has my boyfriend broke up with me or my girlfriend broke up with me? Because I don't love you anymore. Why you cheated on me? Because he loves or she loves not you. Hm. Why why why? Why? So many whys. Why people kill people? Because these people don't like people. Why? There's so many why. You know already why you're in danger. You should not be there. You should not, and you should be careful. Don't ask why: this world is very dangerous. So don't ask why anymore, you should expect why and you should have your answer. Okay. What else is why? Why? Why the Earth is beautiful? Because God created it. Why that bird is flying? Because he has wings. Why the alligator doesn't eat me? Because I don't jump in. What else? There's so many whys. You should be aware, you should know... Why do I call people loser? Because they are Lucifer. Why don't everybody like me? Because they're just different, they don't like me. Accept it. Why am I not beautiful? Because I'm ugly.

2 hours ago, Pristine said:

You made several points.