Top Posters In This Topic

• BLΔCKP!NK

• naval23

• Ger

• ButterflyXIII

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

L DEVINE - Don't Say It Stripped

This song currently carries me through a lot and reminds me of silence of snowy streets

Basically makes me feel seen & I'm not so bad for completely losing my mind when things don't go my way

Again makes me feel better when things aren't working out + has been really healing for loss I've been confronted w/ in a recent breakup, family deaths & friends drifting away this year

i’m thankful for lift me up for ruining her comeback and making her fans seethe. 

19 hours ago, Dancehall Queen said:

The way I needed this song in my mentally ill undergrad era. Just dissociating away and blasting Kylie. 

TASTEE one of her best sings :jonnycat:

9 hours ago, Saddy said:

Missing by Evanescence, it literally saved my life 

OMG taste x 2 - I love this one :jonnycat:

Which song helped you through a tough time?

The song you can't live without?

The one that's always stuck in your head?

19 hours ago, Touch It said:

Inside out by ravyn lenae, it’s helped me a lot throughout the year with anxiety and helped me become more confident with the affirmations within them :heart: I honestly cried multiple times to it when I started to feel my worth and self-appreciation while listening

I absolutely love this song. Me and my friend have been obsessed with it for MONTHS

On June 9th, of this year, my father died. I made a thread two days later asking if anyone had any suggestions on songs that would help with coping with a loss. @Ger-55 recommended this song. At first I put it into a playlist along with the other recommendations and after I finally listened, this song broke my heart into a million pieces.  The second verse made me cry and I still feel such a shiver up my spine. I prefer the “His Version” because it’s more personalized to my experience. 

“All the pictures on the same walls
Looks like he just went to the store
And when you look into the mirror
Does it make you miss him more?
Win or lose, he was always on your side
Never missed a match
And when you see the moon, do you remember?
he loved you there and back”

I ALWAYS tear up. Thank you @Ger-55. Without you I wouldn’t have found this song to gravitate to. I miss my dad more and more each day and this makes me think of the happy memories I had with him and helps me grieve. :heart:

and this song as well

4 minutes ago, Bussea said:

On June 9th, of this year, my father died. I made a thread two days later asking if anyone had any suggestions on songs that would help with coping with a loss. @Ger-55 recommended this song. At first I put it into a playlist along with the other recommendations and after I finally listened, this song broke my heart into a million pieces.  The second verse made me cry and I still feel such a shiver up my spine. I prefer the “His Version” because it’s more personalized to my experience. 

“All the pictures on the same walls
Looks like he just went to the store
And when you look into the mirror
Does it make you miss him more?
Win or lose, he was always on your side
Never missed a match
And when you see the moon, do you remember?
he loved you there and back”

I ALWAYS tear up. Thank you @Ger-55. Without you I wouldn’t have found this song to gravitate to. I miss my dad more and more each day and this makes me think of the happy memories I had with him and helps me grieve. :heart:

Aw this was truly beautiful, I'm so glad this "little" thing helped through your loss process. Hope you're healing more each day. :hug: 

ATRL hates to see it, but I adore this song so much.

Lyrically to me it's very powerful and somehow poetic. The song has been there through difficult situations: breakup, economic difficulties, academic failures, etc. It really applies for every aspect of my life, and it's a reminder that no matter how impossible it seems to be, you gotta get up and try. It might sound cheesy, but sometimes it's necessary to remind this.

not a song but i'm honestly really thankful for the albums lady wood and blue lips by tove lo. those albums really highlighted my high school years and shaped my music taste into what it is today. really grateful for tove lo as an artist and her entire discography as well.

but i guess if i had to choose a single song though i'd choose talking body by tove lo, because that was the song that introduced me to her in the first place.

Edited by Nihilego

17 hours ago, Ger-55 said:

Aw this was truly beautiful, I'm so glad this "little" thing helped through your loss process. Hope you're healing more each day. :hug: 

:hughard:

On 11/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, Devin said:

Not a song but an album.

This year I’m thankful for Marvin Gaye’s Whats Going On. Its one of my favorite 70s albums + its a really strong concept and its lyrics speaks volume to current issues.

One of my top played albums actually 

she created a generational anthem here honestly, gives me the same feeling much of Pet Sounds evokes. it feels like the The Greatest or the Love It If We Made It of 2022, and it's already become a major walking anthem for me this winter

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.