What songs are you thankful for?

Lee!!

A case of you by Joni Mitchell is that song that I will always thought my whole life. It's so immaculate.

Also Africa by Toto, just nostalgic of the time I spent in Mozambique and parts of Africa.

Edited by ugo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darn Tootin

• naval23

• Istan4R

• ButterflyXIII

Top Posters In This Topic

This song hugged me when I only wanted to die between October 2019 and November 2020. The way maybe I would not be here without it its just unbelievable but it was my savior. Such obscure times on my life dealing with depression, the pandemic, a total social and political crisis on my country and my first heartbreak. But I’m so glad to be today here, in a better place thanks to this song.

not my all time fav or something but just because yall asked, the first comes to my mind is butterfly by demi lovato. it somehow helped me with my grief over my mom’s passing. it feels like a warm hug and it makes me embrace her absence in such a nice way. i’m always gonna be thankful and grateful for demi lovato.

Mariah Carey's Out Here On My Own, it saved my life (literally)

Which song helped you through a tough time?

My life has gone through a lot of changes in the last six months and it sometimes hasn't been easy to process all of it. This song has really given me a bit of peace and confidence.

The song you can't live without?

If escapism was a song. Can't believe I only now discovered it. Masterpiece.

The one that's always stuck in your head?

It's not even my fav off Rennie, but it's so damn catchy. :rip:

helped me through a tough time: Liability - Lorde

can't live without: Venice B*tch - Lana del Rey

stuck in my head right now: Karma - Taylor Swift

Any spice girls song 

The entirety of evermore and 30. While evermore is not full of moral quotes its really useful as an escapism album due to its heavy lyricism and a production full of details. 30 is a life changing album in my opinion bc the whole record is a wild ride and the culmination of Hold On, To Be Loved and Love Is A Game is the closest thing to a religious experience I've had.  

Kind of a generic response, but Born This Way. I was heavily bullied in school in 2009, however, the bullies left in 2010 and i was in peace for that year. In 2011 they came back to my school and I was desperate, I had to tell my parents about it for the first time and I was so embarrassed.

The day I told them was exactly the day BTW -the song- came out (here in my country we start our school year in Feb). My parents were so mad at the bullies and took me out from there, I had to start fresh somewhere else. It was also the first time my mom asked me if I was actually into boys, which I denied at that time bc I wasn’t ready yet. I was sad and traumatized trying to understand myself and also trying to heal from all the bullying I suffered and basically ruined my self esteem.

Months later the album came out too and was such a special time for me… with BTW (the song and the album) it felt like someone understood me, it was a warm hug through music somehow. It was exactly what I needed to hear at that time. I obviously know this era helped a lot of people in the same way and just shows how music goes beyond charts and awards - even though Gaga is a successful artist anyways. 

What songs are you most thankful for?

Just about every song on my iPod

Which song helped you through a tough time?

This song came out a few years after my grandmother passed away, but it never fails to help me out.

My all-time favorite.

The one that's always stuck in your head?

It could be anything. Even a single word in a conversation can bring up a song and its in my head all day. I'm like a mental radio station:toofunny2:

She could have released anything but she sacrificed her mainstream appeal for the gays and for that we should be forever grateful.

I know most of y'all probably don't like em but bright eyes had a huge impact on me and has helped me through so much.

From my father's death my grandfathers death to my depression that got worse in  law school to my drug use to falling in love and everything in between, those songs were always there for me at the right time. 

This song has had a grip on me since it first came out :jonnycat: Forever stuck in my head tbh. I still play it on the regular and I'm so thankful for this song and Kelela in general

Which song helped you through a tough time?

From elementary school till my first job I've tried to make people happy with me, to be proud of what I'm doing, but they always wanted more and more from me. I remember I was working the job that they wanted me to do (city administration), my salary was 4 figure but I was dying inside. I've counted the days when my contract will be over (1 year) and the moment I was free - I cut everything from my life that was torturing me. I'm thankful for that song because it helped me to push myself and seek my own happiness.

When I need a hug, that's my song. Always makes me feel happy. It reminds me of someone who I really love, sadly that person is no longer alive, but this song is like secret place and bridge between us... idk, that's how I feel it. Oh, and I adore the instrumental - makes my inner child full with light. Music is a magical thing.

The one that's always stuck in your head?

This is not a song, it's dark magic. I'm thankful for it, because in hard times always give me the energy that I need. It's also a good song to cry on.

I'm thankful for Kim Petras' spiritual anthem "If Jesus was a Rockstar." A surprisingly touching, and mega-catchy super bop.

I have three + a Mystery

Breaking Down by Florence & the Machine, Born Free by M.I.A, ? and Breathe by Sia

If I need a good cry and warm hug, I always put on Breaking Down.

When I need to get pumped up to protest, Born Free never strayed me wrong. 

When I am at my very lowest and feel like I can't take it no more, Sia is always there to be my friend. Then, ? when I are ready to be lifted from my depressive episodes.

Spoiler

Can't live without none of these songs.

Edited by Phaunzie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.