What songs are you thankful for?

Lee!!

• ATRL Administrator

What songs are you most thankful for?

Which song helped you through a tough time? The song you can't live without? The one that's always stuck in your head?

We want to hear your responses! Some may even make an appearance on our socials!

:turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darn Tootin

• naval23

• Istan4R

• ButterflyXIII

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking For A Friend from CHVRCHES. It literally saved my life.

Which song helped you through a tough time?

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey 

Honestly as soon as I was about to give up this year I started obsessively listening to this song and things turned for the better :skull:

The song you can't live without?

Tomorrow 2 - Glorilla & Cardi B 

Came out in September and its already my most played song this year.  Bardi ATEEE:heart:

The one that's always stuck in your head?

Gasoline - The Weeknd 

Since I heard it earlier this year it has been on repeat! Dawn FM is truly underrated :chick3:

The soundtrack to many restless nights over the past 5 years. Lyrically, vocally one of the best tracks I've ever heard. Sometimes I really just lay there and think about how grateful I am for IU to have released masterpieces like this into the world :deadbanana4:

I moved to Los Angeles for college back in 2017. Around 2018, I went through a really bad mental health episode that lasted for over a year. It was the first time I ever encountered depression and anxiety and it overwhelmed me during my sophomore year of college. Fortunately, by late summer 2019, I was making some progress in regards to my mental health - I had been going to therapy a lot for the past few months and it helped me tremendously in recovering. At that time, Lana released NFR and I finally started getting into her music. One weekend in winter, I went out to Santa Monica with my friends. I go to Santa Monica a lot but this was the first time in a long time that I felt truly happy there and was grateful for the life I was living (in the past I would just gaze at the sunset and try to repress my negative feelings). On my way back from Santa Monica, I went to Spotify and listened to "Mariners Apartment Complex" and it made me realize how happy was, how grateful I was for the life I was living, and how proud I was of myself for recovering from such a dark stage in my life. Since then, I get so emotional whenever I listen to this song. :heart2:

Edited by Jotham

Sun Bleached Flies - Ethel Cain

Movies - Weyes Blood

Well midnights (album) has been stuck in ny head but that's cause I overplayed it :giraffe:

What am I thankful for?

Currently uplifting music

I'll forever be thankful for miss Fad's Chromatica (esp 911, Replay, Enigma, SFA). It came out just when I was spiraling into DP/DR and other unspeakable withdrawal symptoms.

This Man right here <3 

Honestly, after having a really bad time with my mental health in past 6 years once I discovered his music, listen to the lyrics how he used to struggle (we same age) and It helped me and I haven't felt any suicide thoughts at all till he his music came into my life, I can't believe I found someone I can love more then Denis Stoff, then after meeting him (he walked upto me didn't even recognize him because I was in my own world) so people who call me stalker are looking like fools. and he was most gentle human and took the actual time to hang with me and 3 other fans! like he didn't have too but he did, especially after I told him where I lived (which was 3 hours from the venue) xD 

6xvd63.gif

Inside out by ravyn lenae, it’s helped me a lot throughout the year with anxiety and helped me become more confident with the affirmations within them :heart: I honestly cried multiple times to it when I started to feel my worth and self-appreciation while listening

In the 2 years that folklore that has come out, this song's meaning has grown even stronger to me. I was socially isolated for 2 years. I left my hometown in 2019 and spent half of that year in Washington before relocating back to California where I'm from, but in a different city of Los Angeles county. I arrived right before COVID hit so I didn't find a job or meet new people until 2021. So I've been through a depressing, traumatic and lonely three years. I've dealt with heartbreak, I've dealt with loss of friends, I've dealt with loneliness because most of my established friends are all across the country now. I've suffered several breakdowns over the past year, some where I wanted to harm myself or run away. I've been gaslit over toxic situations. I've suffered the losses of both my Dad as well as both of my beloved dogs. I've had to escape literal flames because of a fire breaking out where I lived. I've had someone get murdered within a few feet of my trailer. I've been through a lot. But this song reminds me that I'm still trying, and I haven't given up. It reminds me that I'm stronger than I think and that despite my depression I know I will hold on. 

I love you Frankie Cosmos and am very grateful for you

Not a song but an album.

This year I’m thankful for Marvin Gaye’s Whats Going On. Its one of my favorite 70s albums + its a really strong concept and its lyrics speaks volume to current issues.

this album was released the same week i moved out of my parents house and my ex boyfriend broke up with me, it really got me through some ****.

Dido - The Day Before the Day

This song help me heal from pain of losing my high school best friend last year. And because the song is so calm and peaceful, i could fall asleep to it cause it helped me relax my anxiety.

Break The Ice-Britney

the production is just out of this world (another great song from Blackout)

Break The Ice-Britney

the production is just out of this world (another great song from Blackout)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.