• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ugo

• WeFoundTrouble

• Sex with Rih

• ImsoLOUD

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

“Before Midnights, Taylor didn’t have a bigger streaming day than a day that didn’t exist yet.” What?? :deadbanana2: 

And all 13 standard tracks of Midnights debuted with more than LMU,

with the first 3 or 4 songs doing over twice as much. :deadbanana2:

”Supposedly bigger”? Taylor Swift is the biggest female artist of today by a very far and large margin. The best bet everyone had at that not being true was Adele and Taylor has absolutely eclipsed the 30 era, a frontloaded album that even Red TV has very strongly outlasted I might add. Adele is bigger than Rihanna, and Taylor is bigger than Adele. By that logic, Taylor is definitely bigger than Rih. 

Please change your username. 

4 minutes ago, ImsoLOUD said:

Why would I? I love the two most global pop girls of this century. :sistrens:

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

12 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Taylor will never be "Queen of Pop". That title belongs exclusively to Madonna. That title cannot / shouldn't be reused until Madonna and her influence are long gone... That will be decades and decades from now.

I'm so sick of people trying to apply these titles to their fave. Sit down.

Not denying her success but the spotify numbers really got to some of your heads because at this point some of you are setting Taylor up :rip: The amount of ''she surpassed Madonna'' posts lately.. in what exactly :rip: definitely not success, acclaim, impact

2 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

“Before Midnights, Taylor didn’t have a bigger streaming day than a day that didn’t exist yet.” What?? :deadbanana2: 

And all 13 standard tracks of Midnights debuted with more than LMU,

with the first 3 or 4 songs doing over twice as much. :deadbanana2:

”Supposedly bigger”? Taylor Swift is the biggest female artist of today by a very far and large margin. The best bet everyone had at that not being true was Adele and Taylor has absolutely eclipsed the 30 era, a frontloaded album that even Red TV has very strongly outlasted I might add. Adele is bigger than Rihanna, and Taylor is bigger than Adele. By that logic, Taylor is definitely bigger than Rih. 

It's not 2015 anymore sistrens. Has 30 even reached half of Anti's streams? Will it have 3 1B+ Streamed singles? Did it stay 33 weeks in the top 10 of BB200? 

Rihanna is bigger than Adele. Why is Rihanna the 6th/7th most streamed female artist this year despite releasing 30 a year ago?

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Why would I? I love the two most global pop girls of this century. :sistrens:

Rihanna and Adele sweetie...:rip:

7 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

Rihanna and Adele sweetie...:rip:

Midnights vastly outperformed 30 on a worldwide scale in streams, I’m talking Europe and Asia and Latin America. Not even taking North America and Oceania, Taylor’s strongest markets, into account.

Midnights is a multi week #1 album and (Anti Hero a multi week top 10) in most European countries too, and she even went #1 in France and Italy, her two -weakest- markets :dies: So yeah, Taylor is definitely the most global right now if she’s finding peak success even her weakest markets. 

12 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

It's not 2015 anymore sistrens. Has 30 even reached half of Anti's streams? Will it have 3 1B+ Streamed singles? Did it stay 33 weeks in the top 10 of BB200? 

Rihanna is bigger than Adele. Why is Rihanna the 6th/7th most streamed female artist this year despite releasing 30 a year ago?

Rih is bigger on streaming (and will probably outlast Adele) but for now Adele’s 30 still did better in its first year than any Rih album has. Maybe R9 can change that. Rih is about longevity mainly. I’m not sure R9 would reach 3x plat in the US like 30 but I’d love to be proven wrong 

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Taylor is definitely the most global right now

So you went from saying she's the biggest globally in this century to she's the biggest globally right now?? Make it make sense? She's not more popular or global than Rihanna or Adele. The bulk of her sales still come from the U.S.

2 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

So you went from saying she's the biggest globally in this century to she's the biggest globally right now?? Make it make sense? She's not more popular or global than Rihanna or Adele. The bulk of her sales still come from the U.S.

She is the biggest MPG globally and that's why she sold the most globally. :rip:

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Midnights vastly outperformed 30 on a worldwide scale in streams, I’m talking Europe and Asia and Latin America. Not even taking North America and Oceania, Taylor’s strongest markets, into account.

Midnights is a multi week #1 album and (Anti Hero a multi week top 10) in most European countries too, and she even went #1 in France and Italy, her two -weakest- markets :dies: So yeah, Taylor is definitely the most global right now if she’s finding peak success even her weakest markets. 

Rih is bigger on streaming (and will probably outlast Adele) but for now Adele’s 30 still did better in its first year than any Rih album has. Maybe R9 can change that. Rih is about longevity mainly. I’m not sure R9 would reach 3x plat in the US like 30 but I’d love to be proven wrong 

Babe, we don't need R9. Has 30 surpassed Anti/UNA/TTT units? Never!! It never will because 30 was super frontloaded. The fact that it was outlasted by a rerecording speaks volume. 

Lol you're not sure if R9 is gonna reach 3X? The only albums by Rihanna to not scan 3X are MOTS, AGLM and RR. 5/8 albums are > 3x platinum and she's bigger than ever now. You claim to be a Rih fan but know absolutely nothing about her. Troll better lover!!

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

She is the biggest MPG globally and that's why she sold the most globally. :rip:

Over 60% of her units come from the U.S. She's a non factor in many European and African countries . And No she's not the biggest globally because she sold the most. She just released the most albums. If Rihanna/Adele had over 10 albums and 2 re-recordings, they'd be way over 134M units globally!!! As it is, they're above 110M with less music. Rihanna was also ahead in units before Taylor started dishing out albums like McDonald's burgers!! I mean she has released over 6/7( Rih has 8 in total) albums since Rih's last. 

If she's bigger, it's literally by default, not because she has no competition or other girls can't outdo her!!

49 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Not denying her success but the spotify numbers really got to some of your heads because at this point some of you are setting Taylor up :rip: The amount of ''she surpassed Madonna'' posts lately.. in what exactly :rip: definitely not success, acclaim, impact

She definitely out-acclaimed Madonna, will surpass madonna's success very soon or even now and impact is debatable. 

13 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

Over 60% of her units come from the U.S. She's a non factor in many European and African countries . And No she's not the biggest globally because she sold the most. She just released the most albums. If Rihanna/Adele had over 10 albums and 2 re-recordings, they'd be way over 134M units globally!!! As it is, they're above 110M with less music. Rihanna was also ahead in units before Taylor started dishing out albums like McDonald's burgers!! I mean she has released over 6/7( Rih has 8 in total) albums since Rih's last. 

If she's bigger, it's literally by default, not because she has no competition or other girls can't outdo her!!

That's simply not true, Adele is slowing down with her 3rd album and if she released more she would have less demand. Also Rihanna has never been a strong album seller relying mostly on deals (Samsung) 

Also let's not forget that Rihanna was releasing an album once a year at some point so calling Taylor McDonald when Rihanna put out albums that never had any acclaim is bold. The only reason Rihanna has less albums is because she took a hiatus from music when Bernard Arnault bought her a shiny new career. 

Edited by ugo

13 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

What's funny is that you are trying to drag Taylor for releasing a lot of albums when that's literally what Rihanna has done from 2005-2012. :gaycat6:

Considering Taylor's strength in pure album sales, if she released at the same rate as Rihanna in the late 2000s/early 2010s, the gap would be even bigger right now. 

If you only compare their 8 first albums, Taylor is above Rihanna, by a healthy 15-20M margin. 

22 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

Babe, we don't need R9. Has 30 surpassed Anti/UNA/TTT units? Never!! It never will because 30 was super frontloaded. The fact that it was outlasted by a rerecording speaks volume. 

Lol you're not sure if R9 is gonna reach 3X? The only albums by Rihanna to not scan 3X are MOTS, AGLM and RR. 5/8 albums are > 3x platinum and she's bigger than ever now. You claim to be a Rih fan but know absolutely nothing about her. Troll better lover!!

I am a fan of Rih, I’m not trolling. I know her albums eventually do well in the long run but what good is being 3x platinum if it ends up taking like 7 years to get there :rip: When 30 and Midnights both did it/will do it in less than 6 months :rip: 

For what it’s worth if Adele and Rihanna released an album at the same time Adele would peak higher and do much better for the first year, only after that would Rihanna slowly start the long haul to catch up to Adele’s units. By Adele’s next album though I’m sure she’ll be on more equal footing with Rih.

I don’t like Adele’s music meanwhile I love Rihanna’s, but I’m not gonna pretend like Rihanna is a bigger force in music than Adele is. Come on now. Be for real.

Taylor has enormous sales, but sales aren’t solely what made Madonna QoP. She pioneered with a level of artistry and provocation that Taylor cannot match. 

21 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

We are not excluding USA from the Globe just because your faves are relevant in bunch of irrelevant European countries :rip:

And she is massive in the UK and Germany, two biggest music markets of the Europe which makes more than half of market share there. 

First 8 albums 

Taylor - 115M

Rihanna - 88M (110M with 10 albums :rip:

So no, Rihanna was not going to surpass her with same amount of albums. Neither was Adele as we can see from her decline with her 4th album already. 

"Rihanna was above Taylor before she started dishing out albums like McDonalds burgers" 

Yeah because Rihanna was the one dishing out albums like McDonalds back then :rip: 8 albums compared to Taylor's 5. The self drag. 

Taylor is the most consumed artist of the century globally thanks to her massive albums back to back and you can stream... 

for more excuses. 

14 hours ago, TheHiveMind said:

She is not and by far. For years she has been losing the Pop categories at the Grammys or not being nominated in them. :turkey:

Lmao since when are the Grammys an indicate for success ?

32 minutes ago, ugo said:

and if she released more she would have less demand. Also Rihanna has never been a strong album seller relying mostly on deals (Samsung) 

Lol, Adele is slowing down on her 3rd album but her units are already over 100M, Taylor wishes she had that power!!!

What other deals besides Samsung that was not even incorporated into her overall certs? Troll better ?

2 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

Lol, Adele is slowing down on her 3rd album but her units are already over 100M, Taylor wishes she had that power!!!

What other deals besides Samsung that was not even incorporated into her overall certs? Troll better ?

Except the Samsung deal counted towards ANTI's certifications. It just didn't count towards Billboard. 

Taylor surely does not wish she had anyone's power but her own. See everything that has happen since Midnights' release. 

29 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I am a fan of Rih, I’m not trolling. I know her albums eventually do well in the long run but what good is being 3x platinum if it ends up taking like 7 years to get there :rip: When 30 and Midnights both did it/will do it in less than 6 months :rip: 

For what it’s worth if Adele and Rihanna released an album at the same time Adele would peak higher and do much better for the first year, only after that would Rihanna slowly start the long haul to catch up to Adele’s units. By Adele’s next album though I’m sure she’ll be on more equal footing with Rih.

I don’t like Adele’s music meanwhile I love Rihanna’s, but I’m not gonna pretend like Rihanna is a bigger force in music than Adele is. Come on now. Be for real.

This is not the drag you thought it was honey. Taylor's Reputation debited with over 1M sales only to end up having the same cert(4X) as Anti. To me, that is embarrassing because we both know if Rih were to debut with 1M( which would never happen) She'd end up going Diamond. Frontloadedness is not cute at all. 

Rihanna is a bigger force than  Adele though musically ( she was a bigger force than Taylor too until she stopped releasing). More hits, more units, more streams, more digital sales, more cultural impact, more tour sales!!! Rihanna> Adele!!!

21 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

We are not excluding USA from the Globe just because your faves are relevant in bunch of irrelevant European countries :rip:

And she is massive in the UK and Germany, two biggest music markets of the Europe which makes more than half of market share there. 

First 8 albums 

Taylor - 115M

Rihanna - 88M (110M with 10 albums :rip:

So no, Rihanna was not going to surpass her with same amount of albums. Neither was Adele as we can see from her decline with her 4th album already. 

"Rihanna was above Taylor before she started dishing out albums like McDonalds burgers" 

Yeah because Rihanna was the one dishing out albums like McDonalds back then :rip: 8 albums compared to Taylor's 5. The self drag. 

Taylor is the most consumed artist of the century globally thanks to her massive albums back to back and you can stream... 

for more excuses. 

Lol chartmasters has Rih at 108M units including her orphan sales( FFS, BBHMM, AO etc) just because they don't have albums doesn't mean they shouldn't be counted towards Rih's total. 108M and 115M is not that much of a big difference and does not put Taylor eons above Rih like @WeFoundTroubleclaims!!!!

2 hours ago, ImsoLOUD said:

I mean you can stan Rihanna without being delusional just like that user. :rip:

5 minutes ago, Sex with Rih said:

Adele's decline trend line looks like a cliff. Taylor's power is bigger, she can sell out stadiums around the world while Adele can't even move around for a tour. 

I mean that Anti deal was already pretty shady