Pokémon S/V sell 10M copies WW in 3 days!

aayAlex

The game it’s great as much as it’s awful. So I’m positive they can still accomplish greatness in the future once they figure out how to fix the technical aspects for future games.

but all in all, Arceus and this one are positive experiences.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aayAlex

• TROJAN

• Sesame

• Fuecoco

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

The game it’s great as much as it’s awful. So I’m positive they can still accomplish greatness in the future once they figure out how to fix the technical aspects for future games.

but all in all, Arceus and this one are positive experiences.

Yeah I still think the franchise is moving in a better direction than Gen 6-8, we just need them to get the technical aspects and performance sorted. The 2022 games stomp on anything they’ve served in a decade 

25 years in and they break their record every year, Pokémon is bigger than ever and has yet to peak :wanda:

I really wanted to buy it, but the visuals quality that I saw everywhere is just meh, not worth that money. Its just same game every year, with different look and some new pokimone.

20 hours ago, Sesame said:

It’s almost like if y’all could abstain one year from not buying a **** tier quality, rehashed game they might take the steps to improve for once on the next one.

If this were to happen, Sony and Microsoft would have disappeared years ago. Scarlet & Violet were released in an unready state, but they’re not unplayable and not anywhere near as bad as a game from Sony or Microsoft.

Have you forgotten Star Wars Battlefront 2, No Man’s Sky, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Cyber Punk, Halo Masterchief Collection, Anthem and Fallout 76? THOSE were **** tier games, and some of them ended up getting redeemed by patches.

20 hours ago, thatsmydemi said:

Pokemon is the Taylor of videogames but without the acclaim. No matter what they release, people are gonna eat it. We cannot really blame stans when their power is that big. The GP is always perched for a brand new Pokemon release, especially if it's a new gen.

Taylor has never seen the amount of acclaim that Pokemon Red/Blue got. They’re literally among the most legendary games ever (up against classics like Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and Super Mario Bros. 3). More comparable albums would be along the likes of Thriller, Rumours, Led Zeppelin IV or The White Album, and none of those have managed the success nor lived on as long as Red and Blue have.

Pokemon only got to where it is because they had a ground-breaking, genre-defining first entry. Let’s not downplay their quality.

19 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

The first pokemon game I haven't purchased, and I've been a fan since Red/Blue :biblio:

It’s got mediocre performance and some of the new monster designs are ugly, but it’s better than the DS, 3DS and other Switch games. It needs to be said.

temtem, Yokai Watch, and Digimon found DEAD :bibliahh:

Legends Arceus should have gotten the title but I'm happy for Pokémon Scatlet and Floplet :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Eternium said:

If this were to happen, Sony and Microsoft would have disappeared years ago. Scarlet & Violet were released in an unready state, but they’re not unplayable and not anywhere near as bad as a game from Sony or Microsoft.

Have you forgotten Star Wars Battlefront 2, No Man’s Sky, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Cyber Punk, Halo Masterchief Collection, Anthem and Fallout 76? THOSE were **** tier games, and some of them ended up getting redeemed by patches.

This is just untrue. :rip:

The sheer amount of bugs alone make it very clear minimal testing was done, even though is looks like none was done at all. Sony literally removed cyberpunk from the store. Plus, that was the worst out of all of these games. They shouldn’t even be compared, because during development, CD project red was working with unreleased performance features, and that was where the majority of complaints stemmed from along with clunky AI. Both of these things exponentially more complicated than literally the entire Pokémon games themselves. I’d be willing to bet my entire life that the AI class structure of cyberpunk has more variables and functions than the entire PLA source code. :rip:

The point being Pokémon games are so far stuck in the past that they don’t have a single good excuse for looking and playing as poorly as they do. Most of other titles you listed at least tried to step outside the box in some way. Also, is there voice acting in this one yet? Why is a game studio bringing in this much money unable to implement at least a voice acted main story? Yet they’re having Ed Sheeran record a shitty song for their trailer? 

We’re never getting good games again :gaycat6: the fact they can release a game that doesn’t even work and we still eat it up like candy :deadbanana2: 

outsold 1989’s pure sales in a weekend :jonny6:

22 hours ago, Sesame said:

This is just untrue. :rip:

The sheer amount of bugs alone make it very clear minimal testing was done, even though is looks like none was done at all. Sony literally removed cyberpunk from the store. Plus, that was the worst out of all of these games. They shouldn’t even be compared, because during development, CD project red was working with unreleased performance features, and that was where the majority of complaints stemmed from along with clunky AI. Both of these things exponentially more complicated than literally the entire Pokémon games themselves. I’d be willing to bet my entire life that the AI class structure of cyberpunk has more variables and functions than the entire PLA source code. :rip:

The point being Pokémon games are so far stuck in the past that they don’t have a single good excuse for looking and playing as poorly as they do. Most of other titles you listed at least tried to step outside the box in some way. Also, is there voice acting in this one yet? Why is a game studio bringing in this much money unable to implement at least a voice acted main story? Yet they’re having Ed Sheeran record a shitty song for their trailer? 

I’m not arguing that Pokemon, a title released for a hybrid console, is less technically demanding than titles built for low-grade CPUs - what we’re arguing is over shitty releases, especially when those releases are seminal. Sony and Microsoft literally live off of FIFA, Madden and Call of Duty, with Sony just recently getting back into building their repertoire outside of that after a huge drop off during the PS3 era. 

On top of that, at least Pokemon has a quality core and the bugs are neither game-breaking nor that regular. I’ve yet to have a bug myself (though the optimization and hardware need work), and the game is nothing compared to what gets released by other companies. Did you not play Origins? Or Grand Theft Auto Online? Or No Man’s Sky? Or FF XIV? 

Scarlet and Violet may be one of the worst performances from a Nintendo-published game ever, but let’s not act like it’s so egregiously bad that people should feel bad for supporting it. Moreover, let’s not act like the game is even among one of the most botched releases of the last few years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.