Do you have a roommate? And do you like them?

Queen.

I had my fair share of roommates. Some were thermostats controller and doesn't clean or take out trash as usual. 

I had roommates in college and I almost never saw any of them. They were usually off doing their own thing and never really talked to me all that much. Even when I tried to talk to them, they just seemed disinterested.

i had in university, i never saw or heard any of them and if it wasnt for the bin filling up with rubbish i would have thought they didnt exist, it was a little creepy

I never had a roommate, but I did share an apartment with 3 other people for 3 years. I don't consider them "friends", but we got along.

Overall, I never had many problems. The worst situation was when one of them came with a bunch of friends at 5am and started cooking and singing karaoke. :rip:

And another used to have his girlfriend over during the weekend and they had loud sex multiple times a day. I tried to ignore it, but eventually even the neighbours started complaining about the bed creaking noises. :rip:

38 minutes ago, ATWK said:

And another used to have his girlfriend over during the weekend and they had loud sex multiple times a day. I tried to ignore it, but eventually even the neighbours started complaining about the bed creaking noises. :rip:

Was the guy hot?

11 minutes ago, ATWK said:

He was cute, yes.

Did you try competing with him? Bringing guys over and being even louder than him? That's what I would've done.

53 minutes ago, ATWK said:

I never had a roommate, but I did share an apartment with 3 other people for 3 years. I don't consider them "friends", but we got along.

Overall, I never had many problems. The worst situation was when one of them came with a bunch of friends at 5am and started cooking and singing karaoke. :rip:

NOOOOO..

gnbfvdsa.gif

58 minutes ago, ATWK said:

Sharing an apartment is having a roommate

4 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Sharing an apartment is having a roommate

Oh :rip: I thought it only applied when you actually had to share the bedroom

I’ve never had a roommate and don’t think I would have fared well with one. 
I’ve lived with 2 boyfriends tho and obviously one of them didn’t end well 

Not at the moment, but I lived with two friends (also gay guys) ~2 years ago and it actually made me realize that living with your friends isn't always a good thing. We're still besties and I still visit them sometimes but I truly don't see myself living with them again. :dies: 

I value my personal space and privacy faaaar too much, but unfortunately living alone isn't v easy either.

Yes, I had a roommate for only one year bc I couldn't stand her. She was (and still is) extremely lazy with housekeeping. She would let the bathroom trash pile up and never changed out the bag. So lazy and dirty. I would vacuum the place, clean the toilets... the tub... and she would use every goddam dish in the apartment to cook! I'd get home to a stack of dirty dishes in the sink... mind you the pots and pans were all mine! Then she would have her bf sleepover and he would take up the bathroom in the morning (we had a 2bd/1br) while I was getting ready for work. I was so miserable that year that I had to live with her lazy, disgusting self.

She and I still talk, she ended up marrying that guy and now he knows how lazy she is... like they actually argue bc of her laziness. I guess he figured out who kept the apartment clean the whole time. 

The only way I would ever have a roommate again is if they pay for half of my mortgage... and then some so I can hire a cleaning company. 

Edited by shinyshimmery

I've shared apartments with my best friends and it was ok. 

Also I've shared a room in a college dorm with a random guy, it was ok but we weren't very close and it was awkward at moments since the room was small.

Living alone>>>

MadonnasBoyfriend

Yes and he was hot but then he turned into my dad and was all preachy. We were besties then I wanted him outta my life. I then said no more roomates ever and haven't had one since early 2010s. I did that and now kinda curious about having one but I'm so sick of everyone's bs and having to explain my own bs to others. 

I have one flatmate and I love living with him. 

We are both very clean, respectful and during lockdown we became really good friends. 

I honestly miss seeing him around the apartment when we travel. 

Before that I used to share apartments with people while in University and it was all good. I’m friends with some of them even now. I’m very adaptable do it’s easy for me. 

Does a bf count as a roommate? :lakitu:

in college my roommates were a real mixed bag. I had all four years with my best friend though our personalities could clash sometimes as roommates. Not to a “no longer friends” degree but I definitely wouldn’t do it over if that sounds bad. ? the roommates we’d get assigned changed every year and they ranged from absolute slobs to attractive ROTC guys. We always opted for the most roommates package because it was cheaper and tbh at times it backfired but I still enjoyed the experience overall 

Luckily my work pays for my rent so never needed one :weeps:

I live in a house with 3 other guys, I don't like them but I don't dislike them either. I just tolerate their existence because I can't afford to live alone right now so I'm stuck with them.

They are dirty but we have a cleaner coming over once a week thankfully. They do annoy me with smoking, thermostat controlling, etc. but overall I don't have any major issues or conflicts with them I guess. 

I've been told that it's weird that I don't really talk to the people I live with but honestly if we weren't sharing a house I would never be friends with any of them so I'm not gonna pretend like I'm sooo invested in their lives when I'm not. It's no shade but it is the truth.

Had one once..... Never ever ever again will I have a roommate. 

I had them right after college... honestly, the best roommate I had was a str8 guy who was chill, he would his invite his friends over and they were cool too. we had a lot of fun:gayalipacat5:

I live on my own now, but I shared a triple and a double during my college years and got along relatively well with my roommates. I kinda miss having roommates because it does feel lonely sometimes living on your own.

12 hours ago, imabadkid said:

I had them right after college... honestly, the best roommate I had was a str8 guy who was chill, he would his invite his friends over and they were cool too. we had a lot of fun:gayalipacat5:

What kind of fun? :gaynetcat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.