Disney’s “Strange World” Bombs in Box Office

Arcadius

Maybe he should try tv. Or ask his sister to give him a job since she is an acclaimed writer director now

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Da Vinci

• Arcadius

• magazine

20 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Did they even promote the film? I feel like I’ve heard nothing about it yet it has a $180M budget. :rip:

No they did not

they basicly own the winter holiday slate with this black panther and Avatar they don’t care as long as you see one

spacer.png

It got B Cinema Score. Tied with Mars Needs Mom. 

It’s a bomb all around. Even people who wanted to see it didn’t like it. 

Animation in all underperforming since pandemic. The Families target go to see marvel movies and superhero while for the animation they wait for Disney Plus or whatever. 

If there is a target has never returned to the theaters is families for the animated movies. 

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Animation in all underperforming since pandemic. The Families target go to see marvel movies and superhero while for the animation they wait for Disney Plus or whatever. 

If there is a target has never returned to the theaters is families for the animated movies. 

Yeah Bob Chapek really diluted both brands (WDAS and Pixar) by making the last several movies go straight to Disney+ or shortening their theatrical window :dancehall:

Basically getting the audience to get used to just waiting for the Disney+ release

What they need to do is to get a HUGE animated hit again that's purely a theatrical event

Maybe a new Disney Princess musical movie again like The Little Mermaid or Tangled which ushered in a new renaissance for their time

Looks basic. Didn’t lightyear flop a few months ago too?!! They probably should have had a better trailer than that one they showed in theaters. Everyone is watching Marvel this week also

15 minutes ago, Da Vinci said:

Yeah Bob Chapek really diluted both brands (WDAS and Pixar) by making the last several movies go straight to Disney+ or shortening their theatrical window :dancehall:

Basically getting the audience to get used to just waiting for the Disney+ release

What they need to do is to get a HUGE animated hit again that's purely a theatrical event

Maybe a new Disney Princess musical movie again like The Little Mermaid or Tangled which ushered in a new renaissance for their time

This. I mean parents of course are enjoing more to watch a super hero movie or similar and if the children or kids have fun too it's the best situation.

Then if you pay already for Disney plus, netflix and so on you prefer to wait for some genres cause tickets + subscriptions can be too much. They should understand children can't move if their parents don't want to move. I mean of course some children can see a tv spot and can ask to go to the theater but for the big part if a parent says to them "we're gonna wait one month" it's their decision. 

Edited by vale9001

Disney shot themselves in the foot with Disney +. Why pay money when you can wait for it in 45 days .

the way i didn't have a clue this existed and saw a jake g interview about it and thought it has an old

movie or something :rip:

Never even heard of this Movie.

It was doomed from the start. There were literally no marketing for this.

Strange World has broken Walt Disney Animation’s 30 movie streak of A+ to A- Cinemascores. (Strange World got a B)

Damn :rip:

It's a BOMB. Time to update the title.

The only time I’ve seen a “trailer” (not even a full on trailer just actors talking about this movie as an ad for Regal’s app services) was last week watching Wakanda Forever. And they made it seem like the release date was sometime later not this same damn week.  :rip:

Edited by Itz_Dani!

Ofc it underperforms, they literally didnt promote it at all

• ATRL Moderator

Chapek's revenge I fear 

Why is this not on dplus :redface:

What even is this film :redface:

They can’t even blame Homophobia since people who saw it didn’t like it. 

Edited by johnzy13

14 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

A Disney LGBT prince movie in the vein of their Disney Princess line would be a huge hit tbh. They keep making ugly LGBT characters. Seriously, some of the worst character designs I’ve ever seen.

They are probably trying to sabotage it. 

On 11/23/2022 at 6:27 PM, magazine said:

But this thread only proves that Disney is all about marketing.

Take all the logos and whistles away and there's nothing left. Yup :duca:

but you could say the same for EVERY entertainment product ever made. ofc marketing matters.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.