• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• C-Amber

• Jay07

• anti-bitch

• A.R.L

41 minutes ago, katara said:

This is why the biggest mistake here is that the WC was held in Qatar in the frist place. 

This was indeed the biggest mistale. I hope the corrupt FIFA learnt their mistake but I know they didn't :michael:

22 minutes ago, RyuHinode said:

Oh my, the way performative activism always  backfires in the end. Not surprising tho, European countries have deep roots in xenophobia, like look at all the witch hunts done on the Roma, and the way Syrians were treated during the migrant crisis. 

Nice Germany but what about Turkish people in your country that constantly being discriminated by Germans?

34 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

Oh my, the way performative activism always  backfires in the end. Not surprising tho, European countries have deep roots in xenophobia, like look at all the witch hunts done on the Roma, and the way Syrians were treated during the migrant crisis. 

But that doesn’t mean they are wrong.  No one is perfect, and we should call out injustice both in Germany and Qatar.  

45 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

yeah lol and Qatar has such good reputation with their migrants

Edited by getinthezone

1 hour ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

The reason Germany did that covered-mouth symbol was basically a cop-out because they initially said they would be fine with facing any consequence for wearing the OneLove armband, but the moment they where threatened with yellow cards they pulled out. That wasn’t them being brave it was them being caught out for being performative and caring about winning a trophy more than the gay rights they claim to back so much. All of these footballers holiday in Dubai, all of these footballers are endorsed by GULF countries, all of these footballers purposefully don’t speak on gay rights at home (whether it be because they’re secretly homophobic, or as you said not willing to upset their macho audience). They don’t care, and the conglomerates and enterprises that hire them most certainly don’t either. Has anyone from the USA football team spoken about the queer folk that were murdered last week? Do the European players speak on the injustices we have going on here and how gay footballers behind the scenes are terrified to come out? No. We’re being used as a sign of European-American superiority. 

:clap3:

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Thank you for getting it sis :dies:

It is indeed a tough battle and change only comes from within. You do not go into a foreign country that already sees you as a colonizer coming to impose your "agenda" and force them to become gay friendly. Honestly leave us the **** alone if you're just gonna bring your rainbow flags/shirts/hats/wristbands thinking you're gonna end homophobia and grant us freedom and rights. Especially not during an event like the World Cup. It does absolutely nothing and only leads to more crackdown and attacks on the already struggling local queer people while the western "activists" go back to their countries where it's legal and safe to be themselves. Of course not all of it is performative, but still.

If these people geniuenly cared about women and queer rights there like they pretend on social media, they'd maybe try to support local organizations/creators/artists and donate to help them fight homelessness, HIV, suicide and mental health problems, etc...instead of crying online about not being allowed to wear a ******* rainbow for likes, RTs and some clout.

I really hope everyone on this site accusing us (as in queer people from MENA) of being Stockholm Syndrome'd and "defending homophobes and muslims who want you dead!!!!!" reads this article below. It is so exhausting logging on here, Twitter, etc and seeing the same bullshit everyday. 

Bolded part is so important. 

I can only imagine how tiring it must be to see the people, that very often live in imperalist nations and also support political forces that actively finance, enable and support the destabilisation of MENA, try to force what they see as the best for you, but ultimately only making things worse. :doc:

Edited by Scars

1 hour ago, Companion said:

Nice Germany but what about Turkish people in your country that constantly being discriminated by Germans?

You mean the overwhelmingly pro-Erdogan Turkish community in Germany? 

2 hours ago, C-Amber said:

And it started. They just made it worse in all aspects. 

This.

Western people already viewed as oppressive here, they only came to ruin things, start wars, kill people, and the examples are many. So the last thing an Arab will do is listen their beliefs about LGBTQ, damn if a small shop here sold a simple chocolate bar with the flag on it the entire shop will be reported and probably shut down. But now a western people coming, acting superior, doing these moves, attack the nations, just for them to lose the game, its just made it way worse, I used to say maybe we'll have rights in 100 years here, but now after this, it probably doubled to 500 years, I've never seen so much people here been mad about this like today, majority didn't even subscribe to watch the world cup, but now they started watching (even the non football fan) just because they want to stand in solidarity with Qatar against West.

Yall think you did something good, coming to a different culture (that already have negative views about west) scream your own values at their faces and expected yourself and us to win? Nah we lost, you'll go to your homes in two weeks with happy face you did something, while our fight here became worse.

2 hours ago, Cain said:

I actually agree with this, it’s also time that the West addresses their own racism/homophobia/sexism as much as it does that of the Middle East. Obviously there’s different degrees of those factors existing in each region, but it’s marginalised minorities that are putting those issues on the agenda in the West, only for the establishment to put those issues on the agenda of other continents 

1 hour ago, katara said:

Ok thanks babe for explaning your point of view and you made a lot of points. We need to have a discussion and not force our views on them...

...BUT I think that the differences between western and arab cultures are just too big for any meaningful compromise to arise. It will always end up in either side being completely alienated by the other side and  each side trying to force their views on the other.

This is why the biggest mistake here is that the WC was held in Qatar in the frist place. 

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Thank you for getting it sis :dies: 

It is indeed a tough battle and change only comes from within. You do not go into a foreign country that already sees you as a colonizer coming to impose your "agenda" and force them to become gay friendly. Honestly leave us the **** alone if you're just gonna bring your rainbow flags/shirts/hats/wristbands thinking you're gonna end homophobia and grant us freedom and rights. Especially not during an event like the World Cup. It does absolutely nothing and only leads to more crackdown and attacks on the already struggling local queer people while the western "activists" go back to their countries where it's legal and safe to be themselves. Of course not all of it is performative, but still.

If these people geniuenly cared about women and queer rights there like they pretend on social media, they'd maybe try to support local organizations/creators/artists and donate to help them fight homelessness, HIV, suicide and mental health problems, etc...instead of crying online about not being allowed to wear a ******* rainbow for likes, RTs and some clout.

I really hope everyone on this site accusing us (as in queer people from MENA) of being Stockholm Syndrome'd and "defending homophobes and muslims who want you dead!!!!!" reads this article below. It is so exhausting logging on here, Twitter, etc and seeing the same bullshit everyday. 

Thank you all, I usually refuse to post much serious posts and engage in arguments because it gives me anxiety and headache and I don't want to go on a nasty back and forths with people, but I had to say something about this because it was frustruating how people here don't see how this is coming across. Like not even a Latin American or an Asian country is doing this, it's only white Western countries coming to a damn football game to virtue signal with their white saviour energy. Like yeah, homophobes = bad. We already know this. But how are you gonna tackle homophobia when you don't say nothing back home, yet come here to say how people in this culture are this and that, making hostile and aggressive attitude only makes them hate you more. And that creates the false image of how LGBT are a "product of the West" and you just make West look insufferable and an enemy to their culture, which by extension makes it harder for LGBT people in that community to advance. Like... women's rights are still an issue there. Change will come with time as new generations who will have different shaped view than the ones before. Look at how Iran is fighting for women's rights, it's Iranian bussiness and Iranian's bussiness alone. The cultural turning point has come naturally, not by white saviour complex. And the same will happen one day with LGBT rights, maybe that will come when we will be old pensioners or in another lifetime, but human civilisation is diverse and everybody will have a time for creating change. Something might be left for different generations to fight when the right time comes from those who know best how their own culture and people see things.

1 hour ago, Codex said:

It must be hard to come to terms with the fact that their “culture” is 500 years in the past :( 

Yes because gays in Europe started to gain rights in 1500s granted by their straight European allies, and after colonizing half of the world and starting to realize how messed up their human rights violations are, they finally started to get same-sex marriage laws to show these uncultured bigots from non-white cultures how far culturally advanced they are (yet again) from other socities who need to pick up the pace quicker :(

Edit: sorry wrong thread. meant to post in the Shawn mendes thread. 

Edited by katara

1 hour ago, Companion said:

What are you talking about? Most Turkish people keep to themselves anyway. 

I actually live in Germany and that's a none issue here  

Currently we are dealing with worse things like inflation, energy shortages, cost of living, and so on.

No one here cares if you are from Turkey. :rip:

We need the same energy for ACTUAL issues in that country (such as thousands of Qatari people dying to build the very stadiums they're kicking ball in) :coffee2:

3 hours ago, C-Amber said:

And it started. They just made it worse in all aspects. 

This.

Western people already viewed as oppressive here, they only came to ruin things, start wars, kill people, and the examples are many. So the last thing an Arab will do is listen their beliefs about LGBTQ, damn if a small shop here sold a simple chocolate bar with the flag on it the entire shop will be reported and probably shut down. But now a western people coming, acting superior, doing these moves, attack the nations, just for them to lose the game, its just made it way worse, I used to say maybe we'll have rights in 100 years here, but now after this, it probably doubled to 500 years, I've never seen so much people here been mad about this like today, majority didn't even subscribe to watch the world cup, but now they started watching (even the non football fan) just because they want to stand in solidarity with Qatar against West.

Yall think you did something good, coming to a different culture (that already have negative views about west) scream your own values at their faces and expected yourself and us to win? Nah we lost, you'll go to your homes in two weeks with happy face you did something, while our fight here became worse.

You know what? It has nothing to do with culture, being gay is completely natural as it also occurs in nature. That is something these Arab countries have to learn first. 

But I rather have the west make signs than to completely ignore the matter. It also is funny to me that the west is viewed as evil, yet people from Arab countries thrive because the west is wealthy.

4 hours ago, Almighty Gaga said:

The utter irony. Because Germany (the rest of European countries doing the same performative bs) are so well-known for their human rights :dies: people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

They are though? It’s 2022 not 1942.

4 hours ago, BOOMBAYAH said:

Well, it’s over. The trolling is only going to worsen. 

Says the qatari :toofunny2:

Edited by A.R.L

4 hours ago, C-Amber said:

Western people already viewed as oppressive here

Then why didn't immigrants from those countries head to hospitable qatar instead of Germany and Sweden that they consider oppressive ? Where was qatar when many Syrians were unfortunately drowning in the sea, including children ? 

42 minutes ago, XO_Life said:

You know what? It has nothing to do with culture, being gay is completely natural as it also occurs in nature. That is something these Arab countries have to learn first. 

But I rather have the west make signs than to completely ignore the matter. It also is funny to me that the west is viewed as evil, yet people from Arab countries thrive because the west is wealthy.

Arab thrives when west is wealthy? Do you think America and all western country went to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan to save the people? To be the white saviour of the poor arabs? Or they just want to make a mess and take the oil? Arabs are wealthy without any western help, they have majority of the oil in this earth, which is something the west only dream off. The west can't even have proper water in all parts of toilet to clean their asses because of water, here in Arab its everywhere, some huge parts of countries even get it for free.... and you taking about us needing west to thrive?

We ain't needing any white saviour, pretty sure yall countries have more issues, from racism to homophobia, from being killed in clubs or schools, from those football players staying silent about the racism of their own teammates and own country, but quick to talk when they went now visiting Qatar, which by the way they go there every single year during their vacations! Yeah but we need you? Funny.

17 minutes ago, A.R.L said:

Then why didn't immigrants from those countries head to hospitable qatar instead of Germany and Sweden that they consider oppressive ? Where was qatar when many Syrians were unfortunately drowning in the sea, including children ? 

Do you know thre size of Qatar? You can't even see it in the world map, because its one if the smallest countries, and its size is less then a city, but already over population with +2M people, they can't take refugees, but they already released multiple statements they unable to accept refugees but donated millions to them to help. Other Gulf countries already had millions of Syrians living with us, I see them everyday, living, studying, working here. Don't tell me you believe the western media about it when we here see that isn't true? 

There are around ~30 countries involved in the Syrian civil war throughout the years, countries from Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America, how about you go to each of those countries and held them responsible to the war that killed at least 600K people and made 7 million refugees instead of asking why Qatar didn't take them all.

Edited by C-Amber

6 hours ago, Almighty Gaga said:

The utter irony. Because Germany (the rest of European countries doing the same performative bs) are so well-known for their human rights :dies: people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

wait, what?

Germany has firm, stable, undeniable human rights. It regularly ranks in the top 10 / 5 of the most developed countries in the world according to HDI. 

2 hours ago, XO_Life said:

What are you talking about? Most Turkish people keep to themselves anyway. 

I actually live in Germany and that's a none issue here  

Currently we are dealing with worse things like inflation, energy shortages, cost of living, and so on.

No one here cares if you are from Turkey. :rip:

People who hate Germany do not want to hear how great it is to live here. We should just always show a graph of how many migrants want to come (and are coming) to Germany - the world's 2nd largest migration destination after the US (for legal migration). It couldn't be as bad as they say when people are still coming in droves. 

The only thing Germany kind of requires at some point during anyone's longterm stay here... you have to learn / speak the language at some point... and people who do commit always never have any problems... however, people who spew some Erdogan BS and want to establish Sharia Law here, almost always run into trouble. 

Just now, stevyy said:

People who hate Germany do not want to hear how great it is to live here. We should just always show a graph of how many migrants want to come (and are coming) to Germany - the world's 2nd largest migration destination after the US (for legal migration). It couldn't be as bad as they say when people are still coming in droves. 

The only thing Germany kind of requires at some point during anyone's longterm stay here... you have to learn / speak the language at some point... and people who do commit almost never have any problems... however, people who spew some Erdogan BS and want to establish Sharia Law here, almost always run into trouble. 

Arab thrives when west is wealthy? Do you think America and all western country went to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan to save the people? To be the white saviour of the poor arabs? Or they just want to make a mess and take the oil? Arabs are wealthy without any western help, they have majority of the oil in this earth, which is something the west only dream off. The west can't even have proper water in all parts of toilet to clean their asses because of water, here in Arab its everywhere, some huge parts of countries even get it for free.... and you taking about us needing west to thrive?

Which part of the west are you even talking about? :rip: Because, that's not true here in Europe, there is enough water for everyone, and it can also be free in some EU countries. 

Again, which part of Arab world are you talking about? Qatar is a sahara, it has no mountains, no winter or natural springs, half of its water supply comes from the sea through a salt removal process, which can kill you. :rip:

Sorry, but all that oil and not a single innovation those countries can come up with. :toofunny3:

Do you know thre size of Qatar? You can't even see it in the world map, because its one if the smallest countries, and its size is less then a city, but already over population with +2M people, they can't take refugees, but they already released multiple statements they unable to accept refugees but donated millions to them to help. Other Gulf countries already had millions of Syrians living with us, I see them everyday, living, studying, working here. Don't tell me you believe the western media about it when we here see that isn't true? 

There are around ~30 countries involved in the Syrian civil war throughout the years, countries from Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America, how about you go to each of those countries and held them responsible to the war that killed at least 600K people and made 7 million refugees instead of asking why Qatar didn't take them all.

Another sad excuse for qatar, as if it is the only rich country in the Arab world, stop the lies. Those Syrians you're talking about used to live in qatar before the war, but during the war all the Gulf Arab countries refused entry to any Syrian citizen. Not to mention some of those Syrians who used to live there before the war immediately left their jobs and homes to seek asylum in Europe, smth which I don't agree with but it happened due to the fact that they didn't want to live all their life under the kafala system. 

qatar has spent millions of dollars destroying Arab countries, especially Libya, in retaliation for the gaddafi recordings against the qatari prince. So, instead of blaming the west, how about starting from your qatar first? Let's say qatar is a peaceful country and has no involvement in the war, they still share the same culture and language with those refugees, aren't they? So why didn't they show the same union and sympathy that the Europeans showed towards the Ukrainians? 

Edited by A.R.L

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.