Taylor's career is following Madonna's down to a T (proof inside)

Protocol

6 hours ago, JoeAg said:

i’m sorry and i love Madonna but she has never written a song as lyrically stunning as Mirrorball or as fascinatingly detail-rich as All Too Well or as relatably self-deprecating and witty as Anti-Hero/Blank Space/Champagne Problems, etc.

Taylor’s still in a league of her own in the pop world imo

:rip:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Chris

• Jay07

• Madonno

28 minutes ago, stevyy said:

The 1980s were as much removed from the alltime sales peak as 2015. 

Alltime sales peak: 1999/2000 for the US and 2001/2002 globally.

:skull: 

Just because the 80s are as far away from the "peak" as 2015 doesn't put them in the same shoe. Most of the best selling albums of all time were released in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. 

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

Just because the 80s are as far away from the "peak" as 2015 doesn't put them in the same shoe. Most of the best selling albums of all time were released in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. 

Paint no illusion, try to click with watcha got. Taste every potion cause if you like yourself a lot, go let it out.

43 minutes ago, stevyy said:

The 1980s were as much removed from the alltime sales peak as 2015. 

Alltime sales peak: 1999/2000 for the US and 2001/2002 globally.

It's not smart to act as if albums from the 1980s and 70s or whenever had it so much better than today. Music was super expensive also. That means that the teen driven music industry of today would have never been possible and artists needed to have GP support outside the teen community during any point before the advent of Itunes. 

12 minutes ago, Brando said:

The 70s and 80s album sales technically were on par with 2015.

But the major difference is that those albums had years to accumulate sales and benefited from the 90s/2000s sales climates.

Albums from The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc sold an extra 10-20M long after they were released because of that. 

Taylor sweetie…

Madonna has a handful of fun singles but her “artistry” is shock jock value edgy music videos. Taylor’s whole albums are consumed as artistic statements, because music creation is an actual passion for her and not just a vehicle for “look at me!” visuals

7 hours ago, JoeAg said:

i’m sorry and i love Madonna but she has never written a song as lyrically stunning as Mirrorball or as fascinatingly detail-rich as All Too Well or as relatably self-deprecating and witty as Anti-Hero/Blank Space/Champagne Problems, etc.

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Taylor sweetie…

Madonna has a handful of fun singles but her “artistry” is shock jock value edgy music videos. Taylor’s whole albums are consumed as artistic statements, because music creation is an actual passion for her and not just a vehicle for “look at me!” visuals

1 hour ago, Miss Americana said:

Do you really wanna go there?

I'm drinking a soy latte, I get a double shoté
It goes right through my body, and you know I'm satisfied
I drive my Mini Cooper, and I'm feeling super-duper
Yo, they tell I'm a trooper, and you know I'm satisfied
I do yoga and pilates, and the room is full of hotties
So I'm checking out the bodies, and you know I'm satisfied
I'm digging on the isotopes, this metaphysics **** is dope
And if all this can give me hope
, you know I'm satisfied
I got a lawyer and a manager, an agent and a chef
Three nannies, an assistant, and a driver and a jet
A trainer, and a butler, and a bodyguard or five
A gardener and a stylist, do you think I'm satisfied?
I'd like to express my extreme point of view
I'm not a Christian and I'm not a Jew
I'm just living out the American dream
And I just realized that nothing is what it seems

This is worse than anything Taylor has/will ever sung and she was FORTY SIX.

It's irony sweetie. I can understand you not getting the concept since Taylor has never done anything remotely humorous or tongue in cheek in her life (her attempts at humor are ridiculously premeditated and self aggrandizing) but Madonna was actually trying to expose how hollow the notion of the American dream is. Of course Taylor would never go there as not to alienate her MAGA base and have to deal with the backlash Madonna dealt. Also, I don't think Taylor has any existential or philosophical questions, all she cares about is being as rich and famous as possible. Imagine being at the height of your fame post-ROL and Music and actively rejecting fame and essentially your entire career. The power that that has. Taylor can stay writing about small towns and boys that didn't like her back.

Taylor, one of the most blandly imaged and safe artist, being compared to the most daring. Hmm I call DELUSION

4 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

I’m sure they’re all on meth, coke, pills and booze every morning to be THIS delusional. 

or the worlds most unintentional comedians. Despite numbers, Swifties will be amongst one of the laughing stock groups of this site. 

brain washed guzzled with fairy dust and glitter seeping and navigating through their bloodstreams. 

They already are!

the hatred that Taylor Swift evokes in so many of y’all’s hearts is wildly entertaining :ahh:  for such a “safe, bland” artist she sure is polarizing as hell. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

8 hours ago, JoeAg said:

im sorry but this literally made me laugh :rip:

No. We don't  want Taylor's discography to be as forgotten as Madonna. Stupid thread.

1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

The 70s and 80s album sales technically were on par with 2015.

But the major difference is that those albums had years to accumulate sales and benefited from the 90s/2000s sales climates.

Albums from The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc sold an extra 10-20M long after they were released because of that. 

ok, let's wait for 2015 titles to accumulate extra 10-20M in the long run. 

:bibliahh:

taylor makes listenable music, that alone makes them very different :deadbanana2:

Its not that deep the user isn't comparing the album quality themselves but they trajectory of the career which almost sorta makes sense but there are plot holes so it doesn't really allign

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

The way even Meh! is a more enjoyable listen than that dreary tuneless Madonna song :redface:

:deadbanana:

10 hours ago, Protocol said:

Erotica = Reputation (following a period of intense backlash, icier sound mixed with deeply personal lyrics, confrontational public image, a decline from her prior peak)

:rip:

they have very different careers, I don't think this comparison works

35 minutes ago, Brando said:

ok, let's wait for 2015 titles to accumulate extra 10-20M in the long run. 

Yeah but those extra 10-20M will be because of streams and not ACTUAL sales :sleep:

My point stand: worst selling album for Madonna , EROTICA, has the same sales that the average Taylor catalog.

Taylor hasn´t any single album with sales above 25M, or 20M, or 15M :skull: 

No

No

& No. 

Taylor could never

Oh Father, X-Static Process, Nothing Fails, Falling Free, Secret Garden, Cyberraja, Mer Girl, What it Feels Like For A Girl, Paradise (Not For Me), Waiting, Bedtime Stories, Inside of Me, Sanctuary, Drowned World/Substitute For Love, Bad Girl.

All songs that Taylor could never and will never make in her lifetime. She is too focused on making money and cultivating a sense of 'I am just like you' on all her music. She will never tackle topics like spirituality, sexuality, politics, liberation, racism, and go against her government. The only thing she tried her hand at is feminism however it reeked of white feminism and showcase that she only used it for monetary gain. 

Edited by Phaunzie

2 hours ago, Cleanromantic said:

The way even Meh! is a more enjoyable listen than that dreary tuneless Madonna song :redface:

Of course you say that cause you´re Taylor´s target.
Same way a 5 years old could say Peppa Pig songs are more enjoyable. :skull:

Target is key :siptea:

5 minutes ago, Madonno said:

Of course you say that cause you´re Taylor´s target.
Same way a 5 years old could say Peppa Pig songs are more enjoyable. :skull:

Target is key :siptea:

Yes, I love being a 5 year old girl with my entire life ahead of me :clap3:

4 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Reputation is not her Erotica. 

I mean. The comparison is not even close. 

It is interesting that both Taylor fans and Madonna fans are both insulted by this comparison. 

Taylor fans see Madonna as a has-been 

Madonna fans see Taylor as a bland sell out. 
Both groups are incorrect. 

Taylor and Madonna’s impact our incomparable and they do very different things. 

Madonna is the greatest ever as numbers speak for themselves, but if Taylor 30 years from now is doing what Madonna does right now I'll be utterly embarrassed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.