Taylor's career is following Madonna's down to a T (proof inside)

Protocol

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Chris

• Jay07

• JoeAg

33 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

i’m sorry and i love Madonna but she has never written a song as lyrically stunning as Mirrorball or as fascinatingly detail-rich as All Too Well or as relatably self-deprecating and witty as Anti-Hero/Blank Space/Champagne Problems, etc.

Taylor’s still in a league of her own in the pop world imo

I agree. Madonna's discography is very overrated on here. She has great singles but her album tracks are generally mediocre to bad with clunky lyrics and melodies.

46 minutes ago, Breathe On Moi said:

this constant push to make Taylor out to be a legend :biblio: yes she has sales we get it!!!!!

I saw this user claim that the Sex book was embarrassing in another thread :toofunny3:

No offense but I don't think Taylor stans "get" Madonna in that way and that's why they keep making comparisons that always turn out bad. Madonna was always about challenging the status quo and creating change. Women's rights, gay rights etc. Taylor is about being the status quo and doing what's best for making more money. That's why she will never be in the same league as pioneers like Madonna, MJ, Prince etc. Just take your streaming records and go.

54 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

No offense but I don't think Taylor stans "get" Madonna in that way and that's why they keep making comparisons that always turn out bad. Madonna was always about challenging the status quo and creating change. Women's rights, gay rights etc. Taylor is about being the status quo and doing what's best for making more money. That's why she will never be in the same league as pioneers like Madonna, MJ, Prince etc. Just take your streaming records and go.

3 hours ago, blueberries said:

Taylor never flopped and is reaching new heights while Madonna already bombed and was a has-been in the 90s.

:coffee2:

The way this makes total sense but Taylor haters will fume because they hate whenever Taylor is compared to Madonna.

OT: Both the greatest popstars in history for a reason. :gaylorcat2:

Edited by sasashite

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

I saw this user claim that the Sex book was embarrassing in another thread :toofunny3:

Madonna was much more than a political artist. Stop reducing her as just a controversial person.

If you ignore the fact that Taylor’s image has always been super safe, and her music too (for the most part), then yeah maybe 

3 hours ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Taylor doesn’t have one song that is boundary pushing or even minimally controversial.

so no

4 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

How do we skip American Life and go straight to Confessions :gaydonnacat1:

doctor we have a lack of taste in the room!!! Taylor's X-Static Process (Taylor's Version) inbound :WAP: 

her COADF would be iconic tho 

20 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

another delusional thread by swifties, it’s getting old :deadbanana4:

12 minutes ago, Punky Rooster said:

I’m sure they’re all on meth, coke, pills and booze every morning to be THIS delusional. 

or the worlds most unintentional comedians. Despite numbers, Swifties will be amongst one of the laughing stock groups of this site. 

brain washed guzzled with fairy dust and glitter seeping and navigating through their bloodstreams. 

5 hours ago, blueberries said:

Taylor never flopped and is reaching new heights while Madonna already bombed and was a has-been in the 90s.

I mean...Madonna was opening doors and actually taking risks during her career talking about abortions in the 80's, police brutality and making out with black gods in the late 80's, and then the entire Justify My Love, Erotica / SEX book period...then opposing a war during the American Life days. 

Context matters, she was never afraid to not be #1 and knew the risks she took could lead to some sort of backlash from people and alienate her fanbase. 

I'm sure if she had gone from doing country (the biggest music style in america) to doing pop with the biggest pop producer in the world (which took taylor to have big ww numbers) to going back to a more folky style, she would have been okay. The only time Taylor actually tried to alienate her fanbase was when she remained silent during the Reputation era and never revealing if she was a conservative or not...and only did that the day AFTER her Reputation tour was over so she wouldn't lose her conservative fanbase while on tour. :ahh:

5 hours ago, Protocol said:

Erotica = Reputation (following a period of intense backlash, icier sound mixed with deeply personal lyrics, confrontational public image, a decline from her prior peak)

This means her next album will be her American Life :duca: 

You really tried it...but here you made less sense than every other part of your post. Reputation was released BECAUSE of the backlash Taylor got back then. There was no huge backlash on Madonna before Erotica came out. In fact her previous single before that era was a #1 hit. It was that album that actually was responsible for the backlash.

Edited by tiagol88

3 hours ago, Jay07 said:

It's a completely superficial comparison that discounts Madonna's risk taking and boundary pushing and backlash that came with it. Your first comparisons are basically "was successful" while negating Madonna's hit making and iconic moments. Her first album alone contains Holiday, one of her most enduring classics. Where's the parallel for Taylor? I won't even comment on trying to equate Like a Prayer, an album where Madonna deals with her divorce, her mother's death and her father's abuse with Taylor going to Max Martin for a hit. Or comparing the backlash Madonna got for Sex and Erotica for daring to be sexual on her own terms with Taylor feuding with Kim and Kanye. Or even the impact Madonna had bringing electronica and ambient music to the mainstream with Taylor doing slightly more stripped down folk than she usually does. Where are the Aaron Dressner hits you alluded to, Orbit was producing everyone back then, from All Saints to Blur. Where is the impact?

Again, it's completely delusional fan fic trying to make Taylor seem more important than she is, she never had the impact or courage of Madonna.

56 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

another delusional thread by swifties, it’s getting old :deadbanana4:

spacer.png

31 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

She's actually following Björk's career path

iMbsOyq_d.jpg

Not 1989 being Medulla...

The madonna comparison was better 

3 hours ago, Jay07 said:

The 746329430 threads they made to compare her to Madonna is embarrassing

Like they are in totally different lanes :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.