Taylor's career is following Madonna's down to a T (proof inside)

Protocol

1280_trending_madionna_swift_022515.jpg?

Madonna = Taylor Swift (cute self-titled mixtape with a couple of cute hits, becomes huge in the long-run)

Like a Virgin = Fearless (huge breakout smash Diamond-certified album with iconic hits on it)

True Blue = Speak Now (continues her success and solidifies her fanbase as one of the top female artists of the day)

Like a Prayer = Red (expands her sound while continuing her success, considered her best album by most critics)

"Vogue"/'The Immaculate Collection'/'Truth or Dare'/Blond Ambition Tour period = 1989 (the period of her absolute peak, the undisputed reigning Queen of Pop, HBIC of the entertainment industry, smash after smash)

Erotica = Reputation (following a period of intense backlash, icier sound mixed with deeply personal lyrics, confrontational public image, a decline from her prior peak)

Bedtime Stories = Lover (pivots from the last record with safer, warmer sound and image, trend-chasing producers i.e. Babyface for Madonna and Louis Bell for Taylor, produces one of her most memorable hit ballads i.e. "Take a Bow" for M and "Lover" for Taylor)

Ray of Light = Folklore + Evermore (radical departure in sound from her previous work drawing from more underground producers and genres i.e. Orbit for Madonna and Dessner for Taylor, esoteric and pensive lyrics, more subdued, ambient sound, largely considered her most ambitious album and acclaimed by critics, gets her a lot more respect from the public and expands her audience, total image reinvention, quickly produces copycats as the producer she chose become mainstream i.e. everyone started working with William Orbit after ROL, now everyone is working with Aaron Dessner when before Folklore zero bodies were checking for him)

Music = Midnights (the album that capitalizes on the previous respect gained from the last LP with a more mainstream-friendly sound, her highest first week sales ever, lead single is a huge global #1 smash and her biggest hit in almost a decade, this is the era during which she truly now feels like the QUEEN OF POP, highly respected by all and her success, longevity and ability to reinvent are now undeniable)

This means her next album will be her American Life :duca: 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• Chris

• Jay07

• JoeAg

How do we skip American Life and go straight to Confessions :gaydonnacat1:

5 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

How do we skip American Life and go straight to Confessions :gaydonnacat1:

agreed :clap:

Taylor never flopped and is reaching new heights while Madonna already bombed and was a has-been in the 90s.

27 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Erotica = Reputation (following a period of intense backlash, icier sound mixed with deeply personal lyrics, confrontational public image, a decline from her prior peak)

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

I don’t mind her having a American Life moment where she underperforms but does a really experimental sound and maybe does a political statement that ruffles too many feathers but as long as it means we will et her Confessions right after! Taylor doing a dance pop album as good as that one would be a serve and really unexpected from her...though at the moment I must say I am more into her more lyrically driven music but I can be ok with one totally production driven album and sound from her I guess

16 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

I don’t mind her having a American Life moment where she underperforms but does a really experimental sound and maybe does a political statement that ruffles too many feathers but as long as it means we will et her Confessions right after! Taylor doing a dance pop album as good as that one would be a serve and really unexpected from her...though at the moment I must say I am more into her more lyrically driven music but I can be ok with one totally production driven album and sound from her I guess

Taylor's version of Confessions would actually be country-pop Shania Twain style. What Confessions represents is a return to her roots (dance-pop for Madonna and country-pop for Taylor) that pays homage to the style that was popular in years before her career rose (70s disco for Madonna, late 90s country-pop for Taylor).

Taylor doesn’t have one song that is boundary pushing or even minimally controversial.

so no

Just now, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Taylor doesn’t have one song that is boundary pushing or even minimally controversial.

so no

This is a comparison about career progression within their respective genres and aesthetic niches, it's not a direct comparison in terms of how they are artistically similar because they aren't. But in how their careers are progressing album to album it's basically the same.

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

1280_trending_madionna_swift_022515.jpg?

Madonna = Taylor Swift (cute self-titled mixtape with a couple of cute hits, becomes huge in the long-run)

Like a Virgin = Fearless (huge breakout smash Diamond-certified album with iconic hits on it)

True Blue = Speak Now (continues her success and solidifies her fanbase as one of the top female artists of the day)

Like a Prayer = Red (expands her sound while continuing her success, considered her best album by most critics)

"Vogue"/'The Immaculate Collection'/'Truth or Dare'/Blond Ambition Tour period = 1989 (the period of her absolute peak, the undisputed reigning Queen of Pop, HBIC of the entertainment industry, smash after smash)

Bedtime Stories = Lover (pivots from the last record with safer, warmer sound and image, trend-chasing producers i.e. Babyface for Madonna and Louis Bell for Taylor, produces one of her most memorable hit ballads i.e. "Take a Bow" for M and "Lover" for Taylor)

Ray of Light = Folklore + Evermore (radical departure in sound from her previous work drawing from more underground producers and genres i.e. Orbit for Madonna and Dessner for Taylor, esoteric and pensive lyrics, more subdued, ambient sound, largely considered her most ambitious album and acclaimed by critics, gets her a lot more respect from the public and expands her audience, total image reinvention, quickly produces copycats as the producer she chose become mainstream i.e. everyone started working with William Orbit after ROL, now everyone is working with Aaron Dessner when before Folklore zero bodies were checking for him)

Music = Midnights (the album that capitalizes on the previous respect gained from the last LP with a more mainstream-friendly sound, her highest first week sales ever, lead single is a huge global #1 smash and her biggest hit in almost a decade, this is the era during which she truly now feels like the QUEEN OF POP, highly respected by all and her success, longevity and ability to reinvent are now undeniable)

This means her next album will be her American Life :duca: 

I agree with all of this ️ 

Edited by PopPrince

i’m sorry and i love Madonna but she has never written a song as lyrically stunning as Mirrorball or as fascinatingly detail-rich as All Too Well or as relatably self-deprecating and witty as Anti-Hero/Blank Space/Champagne Problems, etc.

Taylor’s still in a league of her own in the pop world imo

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This is a comparison about career progression within their respective genres and aesthetic niches, it's not a direct comparison in terms of how they are artistically similar because they aren't. But in how their careers are progressing album to album it's basically the same.

People are incapable of discussing tangible career trajectories without invoking their own subjective opinions on the output itself. It’s ridiculous lol. Everything you wrote is *** for tat, a spot on analysis between the two. Obviously there’s just as many contrasts between the two but gave some pretty clear cut parallels, album for album/era for era.

13 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Taylor's version of Confessions would actually be country-pop Shania Twain style. What Confessions represents is a return to her roots (dance-pop for Madonna and country-pop for Taylor) that pays homage to the style that was popular in years before her career rose (70s disco for Madonna, late 90s country-pop for Taylor).

Actually that would be beyond ICONIC. Girl I hope this timeline happens lmao. Let’s also hope the album is as huge as Shania’s :eli: don’t just bring back 90s country pop...bring those 90s level sales too :gaycat1:

I think ts13 will be her confessions somehow!?!?

Edited by wsurferwayne

20 minutes ago, JoeAg said:

i’m sorry and i love Madonna but she has never written a song as lyrically stunning as Mirrorball or as fascinatingly detail-rich as All Too Well or as relatably self-deprecating and witty as Anti-Hero/Blank Space/Champagne Problems, etc.

Taylor’s still in a league of her own in the pop world imo

:lmao:

this constant push to make Taylor out to be a legend :biblio: yes she has sales we get it!!!!!

27 minutes ago, Protocol said:

It's a completely superficial comparison that discounts Madonna's risk taking and boundary pushing and backlash that came with it. Your first comparisons are basically "was successful" while negating Madonna's hit making and iconic moments. Her first album alone contains Holiday, one of her most enduring classics. Where's the parallel for Taylor? I won't even comment on trying to equate Like a Prayer, an album where Madonna deals with her divorce, her mother's death and her father's abuse with Taylor going to Max Martin for a hit. Or comparing the backlash Madonna got for Sex and Erotica for daring to be sexual on her own terms with Taylor feuding with Kim and Kanye. Or even the impact Madonna had bringing electronica and ambient music to the mainstream with Taylor doing slightly more stripped down folk than she usually does. Where are the Aaron Dressner hits you alluded to, Orbit was producing everyone back then, from All Saints to Blur. Where is the impact?

Again, it's completely delusional fan fic trying to make Taylor seem more important than she is, she never had the impact or courage of Madonna.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.