Top Posters In This Topic

• Stepfon

• KatyPrismSpirit

• slw84

• Power love

18 minutes ago, KKW said:

Yes Cardi, no ratings 

Cardi hosted last year and improved the ratings and demo, :coffee2: 

NO ONE wants to watch a 3 hour award show, especially not the AMAS :redface: I agree with others that the award show formula needs to be revamped.

But music award shows in general are a disaster. Fan voted awards are a joke, while industry based awards like Grammys have people whining over "riggery" :deadbanana4: I don't think there's anything they can do to please everyone.

Didn't most winners already announced through twitter like what's the point of award show then? :deadbanana4:

No wonder people, even twitter stans didn't tune in

Literally the same artists win every time. What's the point of watching such a predictable show? :toofunny2:

I feel like this format of awards is becoming more and more dated but i can't think of a way to fix this

When you can just watch your faves performances on YouTube an hour later and look at who won on social media, why sit through an awards show any more, especially when we have no iconic pop stars out there currently.

Edited by Punky Rooster

2 hours ago, Contessa said:

I second the concept of award shows dying. Cable is not the mainstream anymore and with that award shows should perish as well.

yeah the whole concept is v antiquated tbh and it was more interesting pre-social media. i wonder how long it'll be before they start canceling them all together or who will be the first to try to revamp them.

Honestly the show had zero promotion - I was literally offered free tickets and said no cause I would rather stay my Sunday night in haha - I would have showed though if I knew Taylor was attending low key, but I looked up the list last week and it was lackluster. (I'll be honest though didn't even know Cardi was announced to perform). And I like Pink and Carrie but not enough for just one performance haha. 

But truly what the problem is that Gen Z is now the current young market and they aren't watching these shows on live tv. Should broadcast from tik tok or something if they want the views. 

I forgot it was on Sunday. The marketing was bad. I think most of these networks need to realize that streaming is the move now and live streaming it on Disney+ or Hulu can give people the opportunity to ditch cable.

More than half of the winners were already announced before. Here's one of the reasons why people don't care.

No Hayley Kiyoko, no ratings. :noparty:

11 hours ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Literally the same artists win every time. What's the point of watching such a predictable show? :toofunny2:

Right??? why they aren’t name this Taylor’s Music Awards already :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.