Amazon Alexa is a “colossal failure,” on pace to lose $10 billion this year

okgo

It's a stupid concept. Who ACTUALLY uses voice commands other than for an accessibility feature (which is very useful)

I literally only use Alexa to play Spotify and ask for weather updates lol 

i brought 2 google home and i used them for like 10 days. They're really useless objects. The ony things they can be useful for are to turn off lights, the voice command to open spotify on your tv but you can make the same with your smartphone or the remote controller. Even them telling you you have something to make is useless, an alarm on your smartphone works a lot better. 

Edited by vale9001

Kinda surprising to see it being called a colossal failure, I thought it was the most popular voice assistant out there :dies: I'd imagine they were probably always operating at a loss that Amazon absorbed to push the project further. Sorta how Youtube doesn't generate money for Google

I got one for free and it literally just sits around and is useless lmao. not surprised. 

Alexa, smartwatches and smartglasses are some of the most useless consumer technologies being pushed in the world right now. 

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Alexa, smartwatches and smartglasses are some of the most useless consumer technologies being pushed in the world right now. 

They don't understand if we can we prefer to make more things with just one object: so if your phone can make it you're gonna use it. 

Edited by vale9001

There’s no point in having it except to use it as a Bluetooth speaker

you ask it a question and it just scrapes the first thing it can get off Google or Bing, it takes 4x the amount of time than just opening ur phone to google it yourself

MadonnasBoyfriend

they always want me to buy the round one and why? i have the second gen cylinder one that was the most expensive. I normally just use it to ask what time it is when im asleepish and dont wanna look at my clock.

Google assistant is by far the most useful one. I have mostly apple products in my house, but asking siri the most simple questions or assigning the most simple tasks is a total mess. 

Google assistant > Alexa > Siri 

Well I have read the article and it's a fail because they thought people will actually use these to buy stuff from amazon. That was their only purpose. To achieve that, they spread them on the market for little to no win per sold unit. But NO ONE uses these to buy stuff from Amazon. They dont want us to switch lights on and off. That brings them no money. So yea, Alexa failed.

I'm still glad I got my Smarthome tbh. 

Not surprised. I have a google home but I only use it to turn on/off my lights and play spotify when I'm cleaning :fan: 

I thought it was this huge thing and everyone liked it :psyduck: Inch resting 

I have one but like others have said I just use it as a speaker and to turn my lights on and off :gaycat6:

:rip: poor Alexa, her demise is upon us

I use my google home everyday but mostly for household commands like smart lights, reminders, alarms, make phone calls etc.  They're very handy, especially for elderly people. Helps my grandmother remember things like appointments, ask questions and also greatly helps her keep track of taking her medicines. So they're not useless at all, just over powered (idk if that's the right word but they do too much/too many features). Simple is always best & effective.

I'd never use these devices to order things or anything like that, like those stupid dash button magnets they tried doing that you press to order things and they failed too. That's dangerous, you know little kids would be tapping those things like crazy and running up parents credit cards :dies:

1 hour ago, magazine said:

I thought it was this huge thing and everyone liked it :psyduck: Inch resting 

Same :rip: I'm like the only one in my friend group that doesn't use it 

I have 3 spread throughout my crib but I literally only use them for music and to turn my lights on/off :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.