• NEUTRON

• Smarticle

• DONTYELLATME

• GraceRandolph

4 minutes ago, Attitude said:

This movie comes out this year?

Next month

3 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Is anyone actually excited for these films?

The first one aged like milk and I only remember it being a huge event because the cgi at the time was "next level" :huh:

This tbh, who asked for a second one?

• Thumbs Down 1

This is gonna be a huge success, it's coming for 1.5B WW at least. It's christmas, there is any other big releases and people will go to theaters.

The real problem is when you have a new movie coming in just 2 years. So no more "first james cameron movie in over 10 years" event, if this movie fails to make a real fan base ala star wars, harry potter or lord of the rings (as the first movie did, i don't think is questionable)  it could drop hard. Even star wars lost 50% of the box office in 4 years with the new trilogy.

Edited by vale9001

lets me bookmark this thread for future use.

Some of you guys are out of touch. This movie will smash, at least 1b5 box office.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

This is gonna be a huge success, it's coming for 1.5B WW at least. It's christmas, there is any other big releases and people will go to theaters.

The real problem is when you have a new movie coming in just 2 years. So no more "first james cameron movie in over 10 years" event, if this movie fails to make a real fan base ala star wars, harry potter or lord of the rings (as the first movie did, i don't think is questionable)  it could drop hard. Even star wars lost 50% of the box office in 4 years with the new trilogy.

Problem is all those franchises you referenced have source material. With HP & LOTR we read the books which gave us something to look forward to and with SW it refers back to its original trilogy. Avatar lacks that and there was nothing to keep us interested in the Avatar universe all these years. 

I'm interested to see how this does.

This movie is going to make atleast 1.5 B 

Avatar is huge in asian countries

• Thanks 1

I actually think the first sequel is going to smash. Never underestimate James Cameron. It didn’t take all this time for nothing. Not sure about the ones after that though. 

And Avatar WILL earn that money back :clap3:

• Thanks 1

King Cameron will prove everyone wrong again. 

Glad ATRL think this will flop because the users here always wrong about what GP want :toofunny2:

• Thanks 1

This is either a mistake from his part or the article is wrong.

From 2017:

Fox will need a robust theatrical landscape starting in 2020, when the first of four planned “Avatar” sequels opens. With a collective budget expected to surpass $1 billion, Murdoch said “these will be the most expensive movies of all time.”

Source

Considering they shot 2 and 3 together, i feel like they mean the movies already shot need to bit 2b to break even. Not just this one

38 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

From 2017:

Source

Considering they shot 2 and 3 together, i feel like they mean the movies already shot need to bit 2b to break even. Not just this one

Yeah this is most likely it, 2 and 3 were filmed together and parts of 4 were shot as well. It wouldn't make any sense, especially considering they didn't really go all in with the marketing. 

This movie is coming for blood:chick1::heart2:

im so excited I think I will watch it 2-3 times in theater like previous one :bird:

He's exaggerating. The budget is reported to be around 350million by Variety. So it "only" needs around 1.1 billion to breakeven, which it will definitely easily clear. 

7 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Is this getting a china release tho

Yes

Edited by JasperX

Zoe Saldana is coming for another record i fear. She will have the whole podium. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2022 at 8:12 AM, tiagol88 said:

From 2017:

Source

that was before the DISNEY deal

On 11/22/2022 at 9:04 AM, Donquizote said:

King Cameron will prove everyone wrong again. 

Glad ATRL think this will flop because the users here always wrong about what GP want :toofunny2:

:giraffe:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.