Homophobic tweet goes mega viral. Are we done?

Thickorita

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Embustera

• katara

• A.R.L

A day after 5 people are killed in a queer club and many more injured.

I feel that people have just become too apathetic / tolerant of bigots because they don't want to seem "extreme". I think is truer online, though. In person, these kind of people are losers and most will naturally gravitate away from them, hence their presence online. Because it's never just homophobia. There's always something else.

**** Qatar, **** homophobic Qataris, **** this ugly motherfucker and his tweets, **** his beliefs, **** his culture

I am a gay man with DIGNITY and SELF-RESPECT. Any culture or country that is homophobic I say **** them. ZERO tolerance for homophobia. "But this is -----phobia!" Go **** yourself. If this post offends you KISS MY GAY ASS! I give zero fucks I got zero chill in me. I do not give one iota of a flying ****. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Raver said:

It out ratio’d the original tweet

Idk I always felt Twitter has been like this. I mean everyone at the start of Twitter would post the most vile **** that would come to their mind. Thats why many dig up old tweets to cancel someone famous lol It’s always been 4chan lite

yeah this is it. people forget how messy twitter has always been since the olddd days. it's a free-for-all diary dump. 

Its very true. Human rights are NOT universal. Especially in the middle east. :michael:

He’s right and at the same time that’s the exact reason of why it’s so bad the World Cup chose Qatar knowing damn well their political and religious views. 

They’re all in complicity. Gross.

2 hours ago, YellowRibbon said:

Organized religion keeps proving itself as one of the biggest poisons lingering in moden society. 

This

I can assure you alot of the people who likes that tweet live in the US/EU. They're just living their homophobic fantasies through this WC tbh.

Ben Shapiro-types defending a Muslim country for the first time only because they align in their violent 1900s homophobia :deadbanana4:

The disgusting World Cup and Elon stuff made me delete my Twitter, and I am truly never going back, my sanity is already being restored

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hate this false dichotomy. Human rights are not “Western” values. 

thank you, this is what actually triggers me the most, it's not jut the blatant homophobia, it's that people act like it's ''the western thing'' as if gay people do not exist everywhere on the planet and that our existence is a value lmao

same thing happens in my Southeastern European country

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hate this false dichotomy. Human rights are not “Western” values. 

Right. 

Interesting how the argument is to "respect" a different culture just because it doesn't adopt the human rights the rest of the world does. 

Also, the tweet response seems more of an attack on Western culture/dominance than the rainbow t-shirt/homophobia matter at hand.

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

I’m sorry but it’s so ironic that there’s outcry when Muslim women are asked / told not to wear hijabs etc. in Western countries bc it’s against humanity rights but then those same Muslim countries do this (and get support for it).

Neither should be happening but the hypocrisy is insane.

Yes, making demands on the clothing other people wear is demented. Middle Eastern countries requiring women to wear the hijab are demented. Islamophobes in Western countries attacking Muslim women electively choosing to wear the hijab for whatever reason is also demented. I'm not sure where the disconnect is. Let people wear what they want to wear. So long as they're decent enough that you can pretend they're a barbie doll in your head, why does it matter? There is no hypocrisy on this point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.