Homophobic tweet goes mega viral. Are we done?

Thickorita

4 minutes ago, Thickorita said:

There's "viral" tweets posted here with 5k likes in 2 months but 220k in 5 hours is not viral?  :rip:

When I think “mega” viral, I was thinking the tweet close to 1M, not 200k tho, it’s viral but not too viral :rip:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anti-bitch

• Embustera

• katara

• A.R.L

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

Isn't it common sense to attend an event according to its "conditions"? It's the World Cup but there was already news that given Qatar's general reputation on this topic it wouldn't approve of such demonstrations, so the guy could have just gone with more regular clothes... it's a sports event, not everything has to be politicised...

When homophobes deny entry to someone for wearing a rainbow on a shirt, then they are making it political. 

Organized religion keeps proving itself as one of the biggest poisons lingering in moden society. 

21 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Well he's right, they have their own values. However it is up to us to decide not to spend money or any kind of resources there. 

And those values aren’t worth respecting.

14 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I hate this false dichotomy. Human rights are not “Western” values. 

Exactly. Gay rights are human rights, not "western" values. Funny enough the westerns supporting this tweet are most likely the first to be Islamophobes.

31 minutes ago, Scotland said:

And people have the nerve to defend them and Islam in general. 

Yeah, starting to think the leftists are going to "empathize" themselves to literal death. :toofunny2:

Not them preaching tolerance and respect when they stone and behead gay people for being themselves :biblio: Worms for brains

Edited by Chika

Disgusting.

The absurdity of all this just for a harmeless rainbow-ball print, as if it was two naked men kissing, they're utter trash.

27 minutes ago, Ombre said:

But why should the West be the ones trying to enact change in foreign countries? If there is going to be progress in homophobic countries it needs to come from citizens themselves. How is a white person going to visit Qatar and be mad that they are homiphobic lol...

Do you think the same about the 1936 Berlin Olympics? Everyone should just go to these events and not saying anything and give the oppressive leaders a global platform to improve their image and not mention any of the things happening behind the scenes?

37 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

Isn't it common sense to attend an event according to its "conditions"? It's the World Cup but there was already news that given Qatar's general reputation on this topic it wouldn't approve of such demonstrations, so the guy could have just gone with more regular clothes... it's a sports event, not everything has to be politicised...

Do you think FIFA being bribed to host it in Qatar is just magically void of politics? Do you think Qatar having to use horrific slave labor and inhumane conditions to get the infrastructure built in time is an apolitical topic?

21 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

Yeah, starting to think the leftists are going to "empathize" themselves to literal death. :toofunny2:

Literally the only people defending this in the comments are white supremacist christians but go off I guess!

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Do you think FIFA being bribed to host it in Qatar is just magically void of politics? Do you think Qatar having to use horrific slave labor and inhumane conditions to get the infrastructure built in time is an apolitical topic?

This, it was over the moment FIFA decided it was acceptable to hold the World Cup in an extremist Islamic country. 

That there wasn't a bigger boycott of this World Cup says it all.

So embarrassing that they are hosting this event in this country.... Such a disaster.  :biblio:

I’m sorry but it’s so ironic that there’s outcry when Muslim women are asked / told not to wear hijabs etc. in Western countries bc it’s against humanity rights but then those same Muslim countries do this (and get support for it).

Neither should be happening but the hypocrisy is insane.

39 minutes ago, Bloo said:

When homophobes deny entry to someone for wearing a rainbow on a shirt, then they are making it political. 

Yeah, it goes both ways.

so he agrees that hijab and burqa should be outlawed in western cultures 

The idea that human rights are 'western' values is as self-degrading as you could possibly get as a non-westerner.

Like yes, our culture is great because we don't treat people with basic dignity and tolerance, hell yeah Qatar ! I'm proud to be Qatari ! 

And all the people from equally **** countries chiming in being like go Qatar! We hate human rights too! Are you not embarrassed  :bibliahh:

57 minutes ago, Raver said:

It out ratio’d the original tweet

Idk I always felt Twitter has been like this. I mean everyone at the start of Twitter would post the most vile **** that would come to their mind. Thats why many dig up old tweets to cancel someone famous lol It’s always been 4chan lite

Exactly. Twitter is all about this its whole life 

2 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

I’m sorry but it’s so ironic that there’s outcry when Muslim women are asked / told not to wear hijabs etc. in Western countries bc it’s against humanity rights but then those same Muslim countries do this (and get support for it).

Neither should be happening but the hypocrisy is insane.

But that comes from the idea that you should respect other people's cultures no matter what, even if they oppress and kill women and gays. So to counter that, it's good that the women of Iran are literally burning their hijabs because they don't even agree with their "own" culture. It just shows how much straight men alone still get to decide what the culture in their country is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.