Anyone here from Baltimore?

Likingstars

Hi fellow ATRL,

Anyone here from Baltimore? I might need to move to the city next year for a month to work on a project with John Hopkins hospital. The thing is that I don’t have a car so I have to rent a place nearby. Is the area around John Hopkins safe to walk around or use public transportation? How about nearby area like Fells Point, Harbor East…? Would really appreciate your help. :hug:

Nowhere in Baltimore is safe to walk alone at night. You need a car to get around or at the very least a bike. 

heyyy

my mommy was raised in Pikesville (formerly the most concentrated jewish population in the US other than NY ?)

the area around john’s hopkins is not very safe unfortunately... i think that’s where my mom went to med school? back then it was way safer

thirded my cousin used to work at Johns Hopkins Hospital and the area around there is very unsafe

I don't know much about those neighborhoods but I would ask your future co-workers for recommendations on where to live or on the r/Baltimore subreddit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.