Arbitrary Song Contest s1 : WINNER: PSYCHO!!!

minho

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• Julia Fox

• thecptz

• Seffers

this round is going to be so good. i'm actually scared.

56 minutes ago, thecptz said:

this round is going to be so good. i'm actually scared.

coming for best round ever!

minho told me page 60 for entries!

Have you ever listened to A NONSENSE CHRISTSMASH?

DO IT IF U HAVENT 

You're my wish list
Lookin' at you got me thinkin' Christmas
Snowflakes in my stomach when we're kissin'
And when you're comin' down the chimney
Oh, it feels so good
I need a Charles Dickens
You'll be Santa Claus and I'll be Mrs
I'll take you for a ride, I'll be your vixen
I don't even know, I'm talkin' Christmas
I'm talkin', I'm talkin' (Ah-ah-ah-ah)

Round 5: R&B Jams Night

Thank you everyone for your entries! The playlist is a longer one at 20 songs so make sure you take your time and properly give everything a chance.

You can (especially for ratings purposes :kitty: ) split this up into two groups if you'd like (10 and 10) when you post your comments.

I'm going to give you all extra time for listening/commenting/ranking. Please be sure to post comments and reactions for ratings~

When you rank your list, make sure to rank them from #1-19 (#1 being best)

The points distribution will increase and will stick to the following format for the next few rounds:

1. 20 points

2. 18 points

6. 10 points

7. 9 points

8. 8 points

with the bottom 5 (#15-19) getting 0 points

Hopefully this is kind of fun? It might make things very close but that's the fun of the game :kitty: 

Anyway...

TLC - Creep

aespa - Lucid Dream

Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You

Ciara - Body Party

Kelly Rowland - Motivation

Flo - Cardboard Box

Mary J Blige - Family Affair

Whitney Houston - It's Not Right, But It's Okay

Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes

SZA - Good Days

Kelela - Blue Light

Janet Jackson - Go Deep

Natalie Cole - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)

Summer Walker - Playing Games

Brandy - What About Us

Aaliyah - One in A Million

TLC - No Scrubs

Kelela - LMK

Brandy - Afrodisiac

Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough

SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

Send ranked lists via PM or Discord (minho#6075)

DEADLINE: Dec 10th, 11:59pm EST

(if you need more time please ask in advance)

@thecptz  @Tom Vercetti @wish @Not Like The Movies @Rotunda

@Julia Fox @Staryu@Future Lover  @Technicolor @Element

@Touch It @diogozsz @brycehooha  @Psycho @Seffers

@ATRL Username @Post Malone @Sanguine @K$Ellie @Alena 

im still gagging btchhhhhhhhh

wishtie's critiques ☆ミ

TLC - Creep

oh this super classic :clap3: just a really enjoyable 90s bop 

aespa - Lucid Dream

CHOICES…. i really do like this actually, but i’m scared for you… it’s just not quite classic level :dancehall:

such a nostalgic song for me, this instantly reminds me of my mom playing & singing this around the house in the early 2000s :heart2: great pick

Ciara - Body Party

YASSS one of my personal faves, an immaculate sex anthem. i was stanning ciara DOWNNN in her self-titled era 

another GOAT track for me :jonny: so hot. i adore this classic, even lil wayne’s verse slaps

Flo - Cardboard Box

okay this is a more modern choice which i appreciate! such an impressive debut single that deserved more success, just a really solid r&b banger

oop this is another nostalgic one for me… it’s certainly dated but still really great :jonny: this round is insanely stacked

YUPPP so so good, one of my favorite Whitney songs for sure. idk if this is controversial but i much prefer this original version to that dance remix that gays are obsessed with :fan:

okay yeah, this round is impossible :deadbanana: one of my all-time favorite songs, it’s just immaculate for me. shaking at the thought of hearing this beefed up & remastered

SZA - Good Days

wowww... i’m just gonna go ahead & say this is probably the best R&B single of the 2020s decade so far. :clap3: INSTANT classic.

Kelela - Blue Light

mmmm such a good pick!! i was obsessed with this album for a whiiiile, and this is one of the strongest tracks for me. exquisite as **** :flavor:

Janet Jackson - Go Deep

this is the inferior Janet pick for me, I fear… it’s still a mega bop though like omg? but it’s simple to a fault. not my top song here

i admittedly don’t have the biggest attachment to this song, although it is objectively really good. i DO, however, have an attachment to this classic drag race moment https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/ojq9pq/a_clip_from_one_of_the_best_lipsyncs_in_the_shows/ :heart2::heart2::heart2:

yeah this wouldn’t be a proper R&B round without some summer walker :smitten: it’s a little bit generic but still really solid, and I personally love it

Brandy - What About Us

okay i might get some heat for this but Brandy is far from my favorite 90s/00s R&B girlie… her music overall just doesn’t engage me as much as some of her contemporaries. fine song but not my fave here, the production is kinda annoying? :emofish:

one thing about Aaliyah is she’s gonna have ICONIC and amazing production. mega classic, my older sister was an Aaliyah stan so I heard her a lot as a kid. :heart2: it hits all of the marks for me

TLC - No Scrubs

it doesn’t get much more classic than this :jonny: an undeniably strong track, and it’s hitting me hard rn

Kelela - LMK

omg i don’t know how i’m going to choose between these Kelela tracks :jonny: love this so so much, it’s hard to put into words how much I love this album

Brandy - Afrodisiac

it’s definitely a me problem but why are these Brandy songs kinda limp :deadbanana4: i guess i’m coming out as a Brandy hater this round jlsdfkjlsjk

oopppp a solid pick! i ADORE Toni’s deeper, sexy alto vocal range. she really stands out for this reason. a great song that will probably be somewhere in the middle of my ranking :mandown:

--

this is gonna be so hard to rank whew

Trying to decide my personal 20 this round... I think for this rounds' results I'll have to share my personal top 3 instead 

yfRZnqp.png

TLC - Creep
Legit one of my favorite songs of all time, the best use of a trumpet in a song ever

and it outsold ALL over songs with the same title (especially Radiosnooze) 

aespa - Lucid Dream
This is really good :jamming: I'm glad you have many k-pop stans to keep you afloat this round

because it will be hard for me to rank this high with so many classics I love here

Beautiful song, I love the piano and Alicia sounds lovely, love to sing along too

Ciara - Body Party
Love the sample, the correct way to use one :clap3: this is also a fun, sexy, sultry bop

This is very similar to Body Party for me, same vibe and sexiness, Lil Wayne unneeded tho

Flo - Cardboard Box
Modern R&B masterpiece with a throwback sound :clap3: they understood the assignment

Mary Mary Mary :jonny: one of the best bops of the 2000s 

This is an anthem, I love the chorus and I love the xylophone or w/e instrument that is on the beat

Top tier 90s song, Janet at her best, the vibe is everything, it's sultry sexy chill beautiful :clap3:

SZA - Good Days
This what we will hear as we enter Heaven (gay heaven, not str8) 

Kelela - Blue Light
I'm not as familiar with this song as most others here but I still really enjoy it, it's definitely top tier 10s R&B

Janet Jackson - Go Deep
An underrated chill bop :jamming: the chorus is one of her bests to me 

I love this song and have nostalgia feels for it because it's used in the Lindsay Lohan Parent Trap movie :heart2: 
ALSO DIDA RITZ DID THAT

Summer is a modern R&B princess tbh, this is great but not a classic, will be hard to rank :suffering: 

Brandy - What About Us
A bop, I always thought this had some kind of futuristic quality to it, idk how to explain, but I love it

One of my favorite songs :heart2: another heavenly song from angel Aaliyah

TLC - No Scrubs
A classic, a bop, it's iconic 

Kelela - LMK
My favorite modern R&B song tbh, a highlight of the 2010s

Brandy - Afrodisiac
A fun, catchy bop :jamming: also a uniquely Brandy song, which is a good thing

Her tone is deep and rich and one of the best ever tbh, this is such a fun hot sexy bop classic song

TLC - Creep: Mega extreme classic

aespa - Lucid Dream: I mean yes it stands out but this is an amazing song off one of the best K-Pop EPs ever, so I'm not ranking it lower just for being new and a non-classic

Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You: Boring

Ciara - Body Party: Not my favorite here, I usually like high pitched vocals but her tone is kinda grating? It's okay, but okay is certainly not enough here sorry

Kelly Rowland - Motivation: Well my three least faves are all next to each other :cri: once again it's okay but there's so much better here sorry!

Flo - Cardboard Box: One of the best debut singles of the year and like with Aespa, absolutely holds up here

Mary J Blige - Family Affair: CLASSICCCC yessss

Whitney Houston - It's Not Right, But It's Okay: The production on this is pretty interesting, it's cool. Nice chorus too

Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes: Lovely song but I much prefer Go Deep

SZA - Good Days: Grew on me soooo much, idk how I ever didn't like this, the production sounds like you're out in some rainforest and the melody is beautiful

Kelela - Blue Light: THIS MASTERPIECE LORDDDD

Janet Jackson - Go Deep: THIS MASTERPIECE LORDDDD [2]

Natalie Cole - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love): Who let PinkBox back in? :hmm: This was fun!! 

Summer Walker - Playing Games: She's not really for me but I see the appeal

Brandy - What About Us: The production :jonnycat: serving precursor to Blue Light in a way! 

Aaliyah - One in A Million: Amazing whew

TLC - No Scrubs: Mega extreme classic [2]

Kelela - LMK: MDVCDSVHJKFJHGS BEST SONG EVER

Brandy - Afrodisiac: Omgg I always forget how amazing this is??

Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough: Great song

insideOut.jpg

TLC - Creep: an amazing song that I love

aespa - Lucid Dream: an amazing song that I love we love you ningning and naevis

Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You: not my favorite alicia song but it's still an amazing song to sing along to

Ciara - Body Party: one of the first r&b songs I was ever obsessed with it's very nice

Kelly Rowland - Motivation: one of the first r&b songs I was ever obsessed with it's very nice

Flo - Cardboard Box: amazing flawless beautiful showstopping

Mary J Blige - Family Affair: YUPPPPPPPP so excellent

Whitney Houston - It's Not Right, But It's Okay: not my fav song by her it's cute

Janet Jackson - That's The Way Love Goes: pure excellence amazing i love a lot tysm janet

SZA - Good Days: best song of all time i was thinking of sending it idk why i didnt but im happy u did

Kelela - Blue Light; CHAINS THEY COME FALLING DOWN an amazing track on an amazing album

Janet Jackson - Go Deep: WINNNERRRRRRR oh my goddddd two of my fav albums ever (take me apart and velvet rope) coming through in a row

Natalie Cole - This Will Be (An Everlasting Love): very pretty and fun, it makes me feel really good and I appreciate this risk the outro is so fun and good!!

Summer Walker - Playing Games: bryson version is better (prob unpopular for here tho idk) but this song is rlly good one of my favs from the album

Brandy - What About Us: the production gets annoying but it's fun and nice for the most part I think I just like brandys slower songs better

Aaliyah - One in A Million: one of the best songs ever

TLC - No Scrubs: best song ever to sing along to tbh one of the best songs ever so good

Kelela - LMK: ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS LET ME KNOW she completely delivers on this song like woah ahhhh best song ever

Brandy - Afrodisiac: I enjoy this brandy song more! <3 it's very nice

Toni Braxton - He Wasn't Man Enough: cute song to end this excellent round

Edited by Touch It

this lineup is overall great. y'all did THAT!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.