Arbitrary Song Contest s1 : WINNER: PSYCHO!!!

minho

JULIA's FACTS

spacer.png

Chloe x Halle - Do It: a bop! Love this

Electric Indigo - The Paper Kites: meh. A lot of indie-Spotify-fodder groups have a song like this. Next 

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song: BEST BREAK UP SONG EVER U WON! MY ******* BIRTHDAY YEAAAASSSSSS

Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out: so annoying and repetitive. Never get the appeal for this song but no surprise since America seemed to love this song when it came out and payed dust to real masterpieces by Florence 

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour: Their best song I fear! It’s so playful, catchy and unpredictable. Love love this 

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up: Never liked this tbh so overrated 

Cocteau Twins - Cherry Colored Funk: OMG BEST SONG EVER LIKE DIDNT EXPECT THIS HERE IM CRYING SO HARD RN BECAUSE U WON OMG 

Destiny's Child - Say My Name: a classic that I love. It’s so playful. My go-to karaoke song when I’m out with my **** 

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams: I love FM but never got the appeal for this song tbh like what does it have that other songs like Landslide or Sisters Of The Moon doesn’t have? Sorry gonna tank this because so predictable 

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play: annoying and meh. Sorry 

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over: I realized I’m more a HB,HB,HB/HAH kind of girl so yeah this isn’t for me 

Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There: it becomes a little bit repetitive after the first chorus ends but it still my favorite Spice Girls song if that means something (?)

Edited by Julia Fox

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• Julia Fox

• thecptz

• Seffers

brycehooha's critiques

so many good songs.

Watch: Red Velvet Makes “Birthday” Wishes Come True In Artistic Comeback MV  | Soompi

Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like a Love Song: well this is legit one of my fave songs of all time 

LOONA / Odd Eye Circle - Girl Front: like this is laced with something i love the production so much

No Doubt - Don't Speak: dont like no doubt this is their best song tho wish it was 3 minutes shorter

Destiny's Child - Survivor: ignore the haters this ate like i know every word and its like u just have to get up and sing it tbh

Le Sserafim - Antifragile: they were called loserafim before this came out like wow they rly snapped

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette: im a reveluv before i am a human. i prefer their velvet songs over red but there is just something about this song that makes it one of their best

Wonder Girls - I Feel You: jyp jumpscare but i like this song a lot

Danity Kane - Damaged: this song wow like it has aged like wine its the perfect karaoke song 

Little Mix - Sweet Melody: love little mix and this is one of their best (wish it was touch) but like the girls ate the dododo parts are so pleasing

Red Velvet - Automatic: one of their best songs ever like its so rnb so sensual just perfection 

Goose House - 光るなら: this is the only song i hadnt heard before on the list and im happy its here its rly good. this round has some of my fave songs ever tho so its tough. i love the tone of their voices 

Silk City - Electricity (feat. Dua Lipa): a bop in a round of songs that have changed who i am as a person.. sorry

Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like a Love Song: classic, Naturally would get higher points from me tho

LOONA / Odd Eye Circle - Girl Front: classic

No Doubt - Don't Speak: it's... a classic for sure but I'm not a huge fan of 90s music I guess

Destiny's Child - Survivor: kinda annoying actually, lose my breath is much better

Le Sserafim - Antifragile: bangerrrr chaewon best girl

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette: klassic

Wonder Girls - I Feel You: klassic

Danity Kane - Damaged: amazing

Little Mix - Sweet Melody: it's a cute bop but the competition is stiff

Red Velvet - Automatic: krnb klassic

Goose House - 光るなら: uhhh...

Silk City - Electricity (feat. Dua Lipa): cute next to gorgeous

only have a handful of group a!  (as in 3 of you)

missing a good amount of group b too.

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif

still time but that's my update of the day~

✧・゚*・゚* luckyfork critiques ✧・゚*・゚*

group a

Chloe x Halle - Do It

obviously a classic, we've said it enough times!!! slay 

The Paper Kites - Electric Indigo

I was intrigued with the first 10 seconds but it went absolutely nowhere, not like horrible though

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song

I very lowkey prefer the new version :sob: it is a classic though yes bop yes slay

Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out

stunning song, one of her best obviously 

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour

obviously a classic, we've said it enough times!!! slay [2]

The Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

MEGA timeless gay classic, they ate

Cocteau Twins - Cherry-coloured Funk

dream pop serve, very nice and vibey

Destiny's Child - Say My Name

obviously a big classic and for good reason

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

never been attached to FM so this is just okay to me

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play

they really had serve after serve with this album, mega bop

Florence + the Machine - Dog Days Are Over

songs like these just never get old I guess, slay

Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There

I guess it's boppy but I am not the biggest fan

crits coming within 8 hours!!!

helppp anyways

wishtie's critiques ༄ؘ

Chloe x Halle - Do It

major BOP like i was obsessed with this all 2020

Electric Indigo - The Paper Kites

hmm. this isn’t a bad song or anything but it’s just…. hmm. and sitting alongside the MAJOR classics on this list… hmmm

this is beyond nostalgic… probably my #1 favorite single from the golden era of disney channel

Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out

honestly just beautiful, one of my fave songs of all time

GORGGG bop, i miss chloe & halle as a duo :jonny:

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

a sassy & nostalgic moment, can't say it's my fave song on this list but it's definitely a bop

Cocteau Twins - Cherry Colored Funk

a perfect dream-pop opus, one of my fave songs of all time [2]

their best classic, whew major bop

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

there are just too many all-time classics on this list ksjksd anyway i really do love this song sm

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play

a fun retro bop, and definitely a more unique choice than some of the other songs on here

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

not this florence takeover :mandown: amazing amazing song

this is nice but just not my favorite song here i'm sorry :/

• ATRL Moderator

Element's Critiques

Chloe x Halle - Do It: Definitely a modern classic for the girls and the gays. It's good.

Electric Indigo - The Paper Kites: This was pleasant but a bit monotone and forgettable :(

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song: Hate you for snatching this. Literally one of the best songs EVER!!! It has had such a grip on me for 15 years and it isn't letting go.

Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out: I feel like I have to be in a very specific mood for her voice, and I'm not crazy for it rn. The chorus is anthemic and memorable tho.

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour: This is still so sultry and classy and excellent. Perhaps their best song??

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up: When I look at the entries submitted in this group, I feel like almost all of them represent the strongest songs by their groups. WIGU is eclipsed my multiple PCD songs for me, so that is going to work against my ranking of it. It's fun but I'm surprised you didn't send Buttons or Don't Cha tbh.

Cocteau Twins - Cherry Colored Funk: Oh wow I've never heard this before but it's VERY beautiful!! I enjoyed it immensely.

Destiny's Child - Say My Name: I mean.... slay. If you don't win, I'll be shocked. (ALSO, whoever sent Survivor over Lose My Breath in Group B... why?)

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams: A lovely classic! One of my FM faves along with Little Lies.

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play: It's a nice song, but kind of just there for me.

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over: Predictable entry, but the stronger Florence song for me. What a journey she took us on throughout this song tbh.

Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There: Probably their strongest single. It has a great melody and that feeling of 90s nostalgic classic. Enjoyed it!

Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like a Love Song: it's okay, good by her standards

LOONA / Odd Eye Circle - Girl Front: amazing and lovely

No Doubt - Don't Speak: would have preferred any of their other singles, it's fine

Destiny's Child - Survivor: it's not bad but it's just there for me

Le Sserafim - Antifragile: grew on me tbh, it's a fun listen, although the title is still dumb af

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette: such a bop

Wonder Girls - I Feel You: maybe I need nostalgia to enjoy this cuz I don't like it very much

Danity Kane - Damaged: a gay classic

Little Mix - Sweet Melody: it's not bad but it's just there for me [2]

Red Velvet - Automatic: i like this but greatly prefer the other song by them

Goose House - 光るなら: not really working for me in this round tbh

Silk City - Electricity (feat. Dua Lipa): it's not bad but it's just there for me [3]

Chloe x Halle - Do It

oh wow what a great way to start the round... like your mind when you randomize the playlist or idk maybe you arrange it urself but AMAZING! god, this song is just so good.. vibey, catchy, it's everything and i LOVE it so much. PERIOD!

Electric Indigo - The Paper Kites

this is actually kinda a vibe and i'm digging it! it's just that when looking at all the entries, this might be a little too middle of the road-ish and it might be overshadowed but at least i enjoyed it and had this been sent in like another round, i think i would rank it higher for sure.

i was still not cultured when this version was release therefore the explicit version is the one that i kinda prefer, giggles. however, we're judging this version and oh wow, it's still so good. what an iconic song!

Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out

omg it keeps getting better. i really enjoyed this song and i just love how florence always can do such a grand song, like in term of the cinematic feeling. and it's just so good??? like it makes me feeling excited and i feel like shaking all the demons OFF!! WHEW!!!

oh now this. NOW THIS. BEST SONG EVER. i have nothing else to say but like... MY WINNER. oh my god. :weeps:

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up

it's a classic but i've never really cared about this like yea i enjoyed it and it's fun but it's just very okay for me and i think it's been like that for a long time :weeps: there's nothing wrong w ur entry, it's w me!! it's my fault!

Cocteau Twins - Cherry Colored Funk

still can't believe that this was released in the 90s. they were truly ahead of their times. this is the track that i didn't care much before but i kinda enjoy it more now and i just find it super interesting and very nice to listen to. dk how it's gonna do in my rankings tho~

a cute classic.. at first i was vibing w it but it kinda got boring a bit after listening for almost of it. maybe i rlly need to be in the mood to sit and listen to this song cause like i used to enjoy it more than this

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams

another cute classic.. this is such a roadtrip song like when you just sit in the car and roll the window down and listen to this song, whew! anyways, yea i enjoyed this a lot and if everywhere was submitted, WHEW! BUT, i enjoyed this!!

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play

i think this is just okay for me and i'm not a kpop hater!! but it's just okay and compared to these songs, whew, you might be in a big trouble but then i haven't been reading others comments so idk. like it's cute but it's just THERE!

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over

SHAKES!!! i love this song so much. a better florence song in this round but like saying that, i will still prob rank both pretty high. like omg, this song, AHHHHH, amazing. period???? YUP. mother.

wait this actually sounds better than i realized, gasps... tbh i thought it would be more boring but i was just bopping my head throughout the song, lmao. wow how time has changed me!! anyways, yes, very cute! a cute ending to the round hehe

Still missing about 9 of you

You have the chance to request for more time, but you have to let me know in advance

If you're planning on boycotting or quitting then let me know as well so you don't waste my time.

My Thoughts 

Chloe x Halle - Do It - whewwwwwww, they devoured, an undeniable banger :gaycatina1:

Electric Indigo - The Paper Kites - this was cute but cute next to gorgeous, we all know what happens :/ 

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song - very nice classic 

Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out - I CAN SEE THE WAY I CAN SEE THE WAYYYYYYYYYY, she's such an amazing vocalist, my god!! Amazing song :heart2: 

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour - Definitely one of the best pop songs of the past 5 years, just pure perfection and their enchanting vocals is just the cherry on the top :jonnycat: A FULL SERVE, A FULL GAG!! 

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up - a very fun and cute classic 

Cocteau Twins - Cherry Colored Funk - This is cute, a fine song, not bad. 

Destiny's Child - Say My Name - One of the best songs of all time, like whewwwwwww :jonny5: this is how you do the damn thing!! Ugh so iconic! It brings me so much nostalgia! Pure talent. R&B perfection! 

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - This is a nice classic, I don't have much attachment to it but I do like it lots. 

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play - This was alright, a cute bop but doesn't really compete to some of these masterpieces here for me but it's fine. 

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over - the way y'all sent two of her best songs here chiiileeeee!! LIKE A TRAIN OF A TRAACKKKKKKKKKKKK :jonny: I love this song so so much! Such an ethereal bop!! Again, the vocal performance is outstanding! 

Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There - Definitely one of their best singles, much better than Holler and Wannabe imo, a really solid song! good job. 

34 minutes ago, minho said:

Still missing about 9 of you

You have the chance to request for more time, but you have to let me know in advance

If you're planning on boycotting or quitting then let me know as well so you don't waste my time.

tell them :clap3:

Chloe x Halle - Do It - yes, a bop

Electric Indigo - The Paper Kites - never heard this before, it was decent

Aly & AJ - Potential Breakup Song - fun classic

Florence + The Machine - Shake it Out - one of her best

Chloe x Halle - Ungodly Hour - their best song

Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up - it's fun but Buttons was right there

Cocteau Twins - Cherry Colored Funk - decent as background music

Destiny's Child - Say My Name - cute classic though I would have prefered Lose My Breath

Fleetwood Mac - Dreams - always found this very pleasant to listen to

Wonder Girls - Baby Don't Play - I like this album but was never too big on this song

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over - I prefer Shake It Out but it's still great

Spice Girls - Say You'll Be There - one of the only 2 or 3 Spice Girls songs that I actually like

Selena Gomez & The Scene - Love You Like a Love Song - there are other songs that could place higher than this.

LOONA / Odd Eye Circle - Girl Front - its okay

No Doubt - Don't Speak - only liked the chorus part.

Destiny's Child - Survivor - chorus is too repetitive.

Le Sserafim - Antifragile - meh

Red Velvet - Russian Roulette - its okay 

Wonder Girls - I Feel You - don't like this

Danity Kane - Damaged - never liked this song

Little Mix - Sweet Melody - its okay, only song on this round that grew on me.

Red Velvet - Automatic - did not like the chorus, rest is fine.

Goose House - 光るなら - at least this sounds different.

Silk City - Electricity (feat. Dua Lipa) - sounds like a NCS release.

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif            ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                        

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gifezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif          ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif      ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif    ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif          ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gifezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                      

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif           

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                  ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif         

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                           

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gifezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif                              

ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif         ezgif-1-07a031f0b3.gif             

:swan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.