Arbitrary Song Contest s1 : WINNER: PSYCHO!!!

minho

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• Julia Fox

• thecptz

• Seffers

6 minutes ago, minho said:

the next round will be really fun btw! it's one of my favourite themes I've planned so far 

Old?? :oprahpng:

Hope im here for R3 like I really need to read the rounds more clearly :dancehall2:

Flume (feat. Kai) - Never Be Like You - This went from one ear and out the other.

Kali Uchis (feat. Reckon) - Nuestro Planeta - Cute. I haven't listened to this album in quite some time

SZA (feat. Travis Scott) - Love Galore - Pretty. I like it

Estelle (feat. Kanye West) - American Boy - Iconic classic. Estelle's voice is so lovely

Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne) - Rather Be - I have always loved this. It brings many memories

Disclosure (feat. AlunaGeorge) - White Noise - Oh this was nice.

Aaliyah (feat. Timbaland) - We Need A Resolution - It was nice, but I don't like as much as other songs here

Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4 Minutes - It still bops after all these years, the music video also elevates the song imo

Miguel (feat. Wale) - Coffee (*******)  - It was enjoyable. It goes for too long tho

Ravyn Lenae (feat. Steve Lacy) - Skin Tight - Very relaxing and pretty. I like it

Katy Perry (feat. Snoop Dogg) - California Gurls - The start of such an iconic era. A summer anthem

David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland) - When Love Takes Over - I used to love this song back. It's still nice

Megan Thee Stallion (feat. Beyoncé) - Savage Remix - This is okay. I have never been a big fan of this

Shakira (feat. Alejandro Sanz) - La Tortura - Such a good song. Shakira really ate here. Alejandro was good too

Flume (feat. Kai) - Never Be Like You: Whew this has grown OFF me... very 2016'd, also it would sound better as a K-Pop song with a different vocalist tbh, they do the sound in a much better and less generic way than these Western DJs
Kali Uchis (feat. Reckon) - Nuestro Planeta: She's very hit or miss for me and this is a miss :/
SZA (feat. Travis Scott) - Love Galore: It's cute but I'm a basic ***** who likes her poppier songs like Prom/Anything/Drew way more!
Estelle (feat. Kanye West) - American Boy: Obviously a classic
Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne) - Rather Be: I'm a bit of a Jess Glynne apologist so I like it, even if it's lost its charm somewhat over the years
Disclosure (feat. AlunaGeorge) - White Noise: Really cute production
Aaliyah (feat. Timbaland) - We Need A Resolution: One of the best from the red album!
Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4 Minutes: Bop
Miguel (feat. Wale) - Coffee (*******): Good, the rap verse doesn't detract too much
Raven Lenae (feat. Steve Lacy) - Skin Tight: Soooo soothing and pretty
Katy Perry (feat. Snoop Dogg) - California Gurls: The dated, but it's a bop and Snoop's verse slaps
David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland) - When Love Takes Over: Maybe if I had nostalgia... I have nun sorry! She doesn't sound good on this. Also um this has the same melody as Born This Way?? You're going to JAIL @Lady Gaga
Megan Thee Stallion (feat. Beyoncé) - Savage Remix: Bop [2]
Shakira (feat. Alejandro Sanz) - La Tortura: You're not gonna get it the first time you hear it in a game. You're not gonna get it the second time either. You're still not gonna get it the third time

~Okay group of songs ig but last round was more my vibe! 

1 hour ago, Sanguine said:

How was there not an Atrl member named Lady Gaga until 2016? Irrelevant!

w 0 post as well omg so irrelevant

Flume (feat. Kai) - Never Be Like You

for some reasons, i really hadn't heard this before like i've heard of this but i think i just listen to the one with tove instead of this smash??? okay wow, i really love her voice and the production is v cool. it's a YES from me!

Kali Uchis (feat. Reckon) - Nuestro Planeta

omg i had such a fun relationship with this song. i used to hate it but then one day, it clicked (probs when the whole album was released) and then i'm now a nuestro planeta truther :alexz: what an amazing song. it's a YASSSS from me!

SZA (feat. Travis Scott) - Love Galore

idk what they did on this song but it's just so good? like it's super addictive and it's just very YES YES. so powerful, you better tell him miss SZA. i just love that this round just keeps getting better and better. it's also a YASS from me!

Estelle (feat. Kanye West) - American Boy

OMG A CLASSIC THAT WE ALL LOVE AND ADORE! i once submitted this in VL (thank you @Touch It and won with it). so amazing, deserves every win in the world. it just makes me so happy whenever i listen to it. :heart2: #YASSSSSSSS

Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne) - Rather Be

OH I LOVE THIS SONG. LIKE I DONT CARE IF YALL HATE IT. i was basically eating it up back then when it was released :jamming: it's just so addictive and literally one of the best songs EVER!!! there, i said it. they did that w miss jess glynne right here. #PERIANAAAAAA

Disclosure (feat. AlunaGeorge) - White Noise

their best song is magnets! idk how to feel about this.. some parts of it are bops but like some parts, i just don't really care much about it? feels kinda mixed about this but it's not bad by any means.

Aaliyah (feat. Timbaland) - We Need A Resolution

oh hmmm i know that this is kinda a classic but it's one of the classics that i don't really care about :sosad: like yea it's cute but that's it and it's just come and go for me, at least!!

Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4 Minutes

whew now this is another classic that is truly such a bop. i thought i would not really like this now but then oprah, i still like it and i'm not rlly a big fan of madonna stuff but this is a good one! veryyyy cute #yes

Miguel (feat. Wale) - Coffee (*******)

okay whew this is so groovy and i really enjoyed everything until the features came in the song. still enjoyed it a bit but i don't think the features added anything to the song :cries: and it's so sad that a great song was ruined bc of a featuring smh. overall, i still enjoyed it and will prob give it a cute ranking! #yess

Ravyn Lenae (feat. Steve Lacy) - Skin Tight

one of the best releases this year :smitten: and this song is just sooooo smooth. she did that and i'm VERY impressed with it. it's so sexy and it's kinda nostalgic in a way and it kinda makes me feel emotional :'( love it #PERIODDDDDAHHHHH

Katy Perry (feat. Snoop Dogg) - California Gurls

haven't listened to this in a while. it still sounds fresh and makes me think of summer, truly a summer anthem tbh! it's just soo fun and literally harmless. just dance and have fun and not think about anything #YUPPOSITIVITY

David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland) - When Love Takes Over

wow this is kinda iconic!! it's really nothing much but it's full of energy and it's fun. idk what else to say, very cute but i think will be kinda middle-ish for me. #hehe

Megan Thee Stallion (feat. Beyoncé) - Savage Remix

i don't really use this anymore except for when i want to feel like #THATBITCH but then i have alien superstar to go to and not savage remix. despite saying that, it's still good. just doesn't really hit me much now #SOBSPERIODAHH

Shakira (feat. Alejandro Sanz) - La Tortura

very cute but i don't care about it that much!

Never Be Like You - Ive always kinda had a love-hate relationship with this chorus. It activates a very specific and indescribable kind of uncomfortability in me. 

Nuestro Planeta - in one ear, out the other 

Love Galore - I wanted to send this

American Boy - I’ve literally never liked this song, but it does have a slight nostalgia factor for me 

Rather Be - This takes me back to summer camp in 2015. I was so mentally stable then 

White Noise - Accurate 

We Need A Resolution - I like this 

4 Minutes - My boyfriend loves this song. I don’t share his music taste. 

Coffee - Excellent. 

Skin Tight - This is very smooth 

California Gurls - Not one of my favorite Katy songs, but definitely iconic 

Savage Remix - Bop 

La Tortura - nice 

Flume (feat. Kai) - Never Be Like You: I have always loved this song <3 so cool and unique yet also so radio friendly, wow!

Kali Uchis (feat. Reckon) - Nuestro Planeta: Easily the worst song I've heard from her in one of these games :sorry: 

SZA (feat. Travis Scott) - Love Galore: Such a vibe, her best song to me!

Estelle (feat. Kanye West) - American Boy: Overused but classic

Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne) - Rather Be: Not Jess Glynne.... the song is okay but I'm not happy seeing it here!

Disclosure (feat. AlunaGeorge) - White Noise: The random, anyways I loved this song back in the day, now it's mid-to-good

Aaliyah (feat. Timbaland) - We Need A Resolution: It's cute but drags a lot like most Aaliyah songs :( 

Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4 Minutes: Sorry but this song is sooooo annoying to me asdklfsja

Miguel (feat. Wale) - Coffee (*******): Love the original but hate this version so idk

Ravyn Lenae (feat. Steve Lacy) - Skin Tight: One of my favorite songs from oneof my favorite albums of the year!

Katy Perry (feat. Snoop Dogg) - California Gurls: Cute bubblegum pop classic

David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland) - When Love Takes Over: I loved this song back in the day, now it's mid-to-good [2]

Megan Thee Stallion (feat. Beyoncé) - Savage Remix: Very very cute, Megan's best song imo!

Shakira (feat. Alejandro Sanz) - La Tortura: Don't get the hype over this one but it's not bad

✧・゚*・゚* luckyfork critiques ✧・゚*・゚*

group a

Kat Deluna - Whine Up (feat. Elephant Man)

honestly a mega bop, it brings me 2009 memories and it's very fun!

The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha (feat. Busta Rhymes)

not one of their best songs but an undeniably fun bop!!! they had the hits

Lizzy McAlpine - erase me (feat. Jacob Collier)

this was a very pleasant listen!! I enjoyed the production and overall it was interesting 

Doja Cat - Like That (feat. Gucci Mane)

a smasha, this song still goes hard 

WILLOW - t r a n s p a r e n t s o u l (feat. Travis Barker)

tbh I was never a fan of this, it's cute but she has wayyyy better songs to me

Dua Lipa - Lost In Your Light (feat. Miguel)

probably the worst song on DL but still a smash yup

Teyana Taylor - How You Want It? (feat. King Combs)

eh.. this was pretty whatever

Bree Runway - DAMN DANIEL (feat. Baby Tate)

fun bop but kinda grating at times

Calvin Harris - I Need Your Love (feat. Ellie Goulding)

mega household classic

Timbaland - The Way I Are (feat. Keri Hilson and D.O.E.)

a very good song!! remains great to this day

Maggie Lindemann - break me! (feat. Siiickbrain)

it was okay but I honestly don't care for it compared to the rest of the entries so far

Missy Elliott - Lose Control (feat. Ciara and Fatboy Scoop)

bop!!! nothing bad to say about this

Flume - Say It (feat. Tove Lo)

damn I totally forgot this song existed ddd, it's very good!! kinda of its time but still pretty good

Kilo Kish - DEATH FANTASY (feat. Miguel)

it's quite nice!!! gonna be middling for me I assume

39 minutes ago, wish said:

me tew bestie :date2:

hope it’s not any of us btw :monkey:

My Thoughts 

Kat Deluna (feat. Elephant Man) - Whine Up - MAJOR BOP ALERT :gaycatina1::gaycatina1:

The Pussycat Dolls (feat. Busta Rhymes) - Don't Cha - MAJOR BOP ALERT :sats::sats:

Lizzy McAlpine (feat. Jacob Collier) - erase me - This was really cute. The instrumentation was nice too. 

Doja Cat (feat. Gucci Mane) - Like That - MAJOR BOP ALERT :katie2::katie2:

Willow (feat. Travis Barker) - Transparent Soul - ouu this was a moment chile, my good sis was in her bag! This sound fits her so well! boppppp

Dua Lipa (feat. Miguel) - Lost In Your Light - Miguel is so sexy mhm. Honestly this is one of the few songs I like from her debut, FN was a major step up from her mediocre debut album. This is one of the few highlights there but mostly because of my man. I would love to hear more songs like this for her next album. 

Teyana Taylor (feat. King Combs) - How You Want It? - whewwwwwwwww!! This song is so sexy, I love this song so much, amazing entry! King Combs with his foineeeeee self ate his verse too. Teyana is a queen. :heart2:

Bree Runway (feat. Baby Tate) - Damn Daniel - MAJOR BOP ALERT :hippo::hippo:

Calvin Harris (feat. Ellie Goulding) - I Need Your Love - MAJOR BOP ALERT :katie2::katie2:

Timbaland (feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.) - The Way I Are - MAJOR BOP CLASSIC ALERT :sats::sats:

Maggie Lindemann (feat. Siiickbrain) - break me! - This was cute, not a big fan of the screaming parts but I do enjoy the singing parts. 

Missy Elliott (feat. Ciara & Fatman Scoop) - Lose Control - MAJOR BOP CLASSIC ALERT!! :gaycatina1::gaycatina1:

Flume (feat. Tove Lo) - Say It - This is a cute song, the other group got the Flume song that I love. This one is cute. 

Kilo Kish (feat. Miguel) - Death Fantasy - one of the best songs of the year from an excellent album :heart2:

11 hours ago, thecptz said:

Flume (feat. Kai) - Never Be Like You

for some reasons, i really hadn't heard this before like i've heard of this but i think i just listen to the one with tove instead of this smash??? okay wow, i really love her voice and the production is v cool. it's a YES from me!

Kali Uchis (feat. Reckon) - Nuestro Planeta

omg i had such a fun relationship with this song. i used to hate it but then one day, it clicked (probs when the whole album was released) and then i'm now a nuestro planeta truther :alexz: what an amazing song. it's a YASSSS from me!

SZA (feat. Travis Scott) - Love Galore

idk what they did on this song but it's just so good? like it's super addictive and it's just very YES YES. so powerful, you better tell him miss SZA. i just love that this round just keeps getting better and better. it's also a YASS from me!

Estelle (feat. Kanye West) - American Boy

OMG A CLASSIC THAT WE ALL LOVE AND ADORE! i once submitted this in VL (thank you @Touch It and won with it). so amazing, deserves every win in the world. it just makes me so happy whenever i listen to it. :heart2: #YASSSSSSSS

Clean Bandit (feat. Jess Glynne) - Rather Be

OH I LOVE THIS SONG. LIKE I DONT CARE IF YALL HATE IT. i was basically eating it up back then when it was released :jamming: it's just so addictive and literally one of the best songs EVER!!! there, i said it. they did that w miss jess glynne right here. #PERIANAAAAAA

Disclosure (feat. AlunaGeorge) - White Noise

their best song is magnets! idk how to feel about this.. some parts of it are bops but like some parts, i just don't really care much about it? feels kinda mixed about this but it's not bad by any means.

Aaliyah (feat. Timbaland) - We Need A Resolution

oh hmmm i know that this is kinda a classic but it's one of the classics that i don't really care about :sosad: like yea it's cute but that's it and it's just come and go for me, at least!!

Madonna (feat. Justin Timberlake) - 4 Minutes

whew now this is another classic that is truly such a bop. i thought i would not really like this now but then oprah, i still like it and i'm not rlly a big fan of madonna stuff but this is a good one! veryyyy cute #yes

Miguel (feat. Wale) - Coffee (*******)

okay whew this is so groovy and i really enjoyed everything until the features came in the song. still enjoyed it a bit but i don't think the features added anything to the song :cries: and it's so sad that a great song was ruined bc of a featuring smh. overall, i still enjoyed it and will prob give it a cute ranking! #yess

Ravyn Lenae (feat. Steve Lacy) - Skin Tight

one of the best releases this year :smitten: and this song is just sooooo smooth. she did that and i'm VERY impressed with it. it's so sexy and it's kinda nostalgic in a way and it kinda makes me feel emotional :'( love it #PERIODDDDDAHHHHH

Katy Perry (feat. Snoop Dogg) - California Gurls

haven't listened to this in a while. it still sounds fresh and makes me think of summer, truly a summer anthem tbh! it's just soo fun and literally harmless. just dance and have fun and not think about anything #YUPPOSITIVITY

David Guetta (feat. Kelly Rowland) - When Love Takes Over

wow this is kinda iconic!! it's really nothing much but it's full of energy and it's fun. idk what else to say, very cute but i think will be kinda middle-ish for me. #hehe

Megan Thee Stallion (feat. Beyoncé) - Savage Remix

i don't really use this anymore except for when i want to feel like #THATBITCH but then i have alien superstar to go to and not savage remix. despite saying that, it's still good. just doesn't really hit me much now #SOBSPERIODAHH

Shakira (feat. Alejandro Sanz) - La Tortura

very cute but i don't care about it that much!

ur welcome

Kat DeLuna - Whine Up: what is this TIMELESS BOP…

The Pussycat Dolls - Don’t Cha: love love love this it sounds as good as it always did 

Lizzy McAlpine - erase me: I actually love Lizzy and five seconds flat but this one of the 2 or 3 songs on the album that never clicked with me 

Doja Cat - Like That: you can’t go wrong with global smash hitmaker Doja Cat 

Willow - transparent soul: not really no

Dua Lipa - Lost in Your Light: YESSSSSS ABSOLUTELY this song made me fall in love with Dua back then it’s so good and nostalgic (for me at least)

Teyana Taylor - How You Want It?: this is cute! too bad its competitors are too strong 

Bree Runway - Damn Daniel: YES YES YESSSSS Bree is the future!!!

Calvin Harris - I Need Your Love: this has always been annoying to me… sorry

Timbaland - The Way I Am: CLASSIC.

Maggie Lindemann - break me!: I hate hate HATE this girl’s music so much

Missy Elliott - Lose Control: this was cute, I remember it being better ngl

Flume - Say It: yes Tove Lo yes bops 

Kilo Kish - Death Fantasy: I usually don’t reveal my rates in this but this will be the easiest #1 ever. as good as most songs from this round are not even one can come close to this 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.