Arbitrary Song Contest s1 : WINNER: PSYCHO!!!

minho

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minho

• Julia Fox

• thecptz

• Seffers

I'm seeing some excellent songs! I wish I was in group B to give my man my #1. 

My first choice is in my group, and because I like celebrating songs I like instead of spiting people for also liking them, they'll most likely get my #1. Congrats to you <3

3 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Rehab is listed as 3:33 on Spotify :chick1:

was 3:34 with a screenshot proof when it was sent to me, so it's fine

966a396f07b6a5fd763f625522279e2e.png

Apparently some of the versions are off by like a second sometimes

8 minutes ago, minho said:

ROUND 1: Entries

Disclaimer: All entries were approved by me, meaning they should be eligible.

Slight variations in track length etc do not matter as they satisfied the criteria at the time of me confirming.

--

Make sure you listen to every song in your designated group. 

Post comments in the thread - failure to do so consistently will result in a penalty

Please remember - you only need to listen to and rank your own group (#1-14, #1 being best - DO NOT RANK YOUR OWN SONG). 

The points for each ranking will be distributed in this way:

1. 15 points (Best song)

2. 13 points

3. 12 points

12. 2 points

13. 1 point 

14. 0 points :( (worst song)

1 person from each group (the lowest points total) will be ELIMINATED :(

Deadline will be Thursday, Nov 24, 11:59pm EST

But I can extend if necessary, and if everything is in before this we can progress faster so yay

Group A

Hug / Legend E / touya kinomoto / Rotunda / D e v o n / PinkBox / Psycho / Staryu /

Technicolor / Seffers / K$ellie / Not Like the Movies / Future Lover / wish / Julia Fox

Group B

ATRL Username / Fifteen / luckystrike / Allday / Alena / Element / thecptz / Tom Vercetti /

Sanguine / Post Malone / Touch It / Bicassie / brycehooha / diogozsz / fiercE

Send your ranks to me via PM or Discord (minho#6075)

Make sure you don't hint at or let others know what you sent!

@Sanguine @Julia Fox @Hug @Legend E @touya kinomoto @Rotunda @D e v o n @PinkBox

@ATRL Username @Fifteen @luckystrike @Allday @Alena @Element @thecptz @Tom Vercetti

@Psycho @Staryu @Technicolor @Seffers @K$Ellie @Not Like The Movies @Future Lover @wish

@Post Malone @Touch It @Bicassie @brycehooha @diogozsz @fiercE

also bump for new page bc I didn't think to count before jslfjs

7 minutes ago, minho said:

was 3:34 with a screenshot proof when it was sent to me, so it's fine

966a396f07b6a5fd763f625522279e2e.png

Apparently some of the versions are off by like a second sometimes

The app version can go to hell then :chick3:

Will start listening later :fan:

Troye Sivan - Wild: I hate him but this song is cute

Shygirl - Woe: Best song of all time

Kelsea Ballerini - Graveyard: It’s okay, pleasant, doesn’t do much for me

Madonna - Music: One of her best songs

Lianne La Havas - Bittersweet: Pretty

Fergie - Fergalicious: Mid and the worst Dutchess single sorry but you’ll do well <3

Selena Gomez - Rare: It’s okay idk I sort of enjoy but something is really plain about it. The Charli demo was better

Mariah Carey - Fantasy: Kind of a predictable choice but yeah it’s a major bop and you’ll probably win… deserved! 

Samia - Pool: Slightly cool, slightly boring. Interesting choice though

Christina Perri - bluebird: No ma’am

Frank Ocean - Nikes: Love the chipmunk elements

Beabadoobee - Care: Best song of all time [2]

The Veronicas - Untouched: Best song of all time [3]

G-Idle - Tomboy: Queens… it’s cute

Alvvays - Pharmacist: Best song of all time [4]

IXk1cX1.png

zkQgoIn.png "Correct opinions only!"

--

Red Velvet - Marionette

Okay I like the spooky vibes of this, even if it's a bit out-of-season now. Still better than Christmas music!

HAIM - Falling

I...think this would go well as background noise in some Netflix movie?

Erika da Casier - Drama

I think the production on this is pretty, but I wish Erika was more interesting on it.

Alexis Jordan - Happiness

I think this is fun...I like the beat!

Kylie Minogue - Magic

A strong beginning to a (imo) great album!

Michelle Branch - Everywhere

Hey it's that sound people are trying to recapture now. I hope they stop...

Kesha - Cannibal

BEST SONG FROM HER BEST ALBUM YOU'RE ******* KIDDING...WINNER!

Katy Perry - Roar

Applause washed this...maybe not on the charts but quality-wise.

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

This irrationally pisses me off. It's not a bad song I just hate it dfujkds

Mariah Carey - Emotions

Are you proud? That you won? That you know everyone will rate this well? You're not bored?

Amy Winehouse - Rehab

I can't be mad at this choice, the production is so damn good like wow.

Mitski - Happy

Oh I only know that art heauxs love this woman. I...will never be an art heaux.

Ciara - Goodies

I thought about asking if (feat.) tags counted to the word count. Guess they don't! I've always loved this song.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Julien

This isn't bad, but I NEVER got the hype around this song. I guess that's just my experience with Carly as an artist in general.

Lizzy McAlpine - doomsday

This sounds like something I should hate but I really enjoy it actually?

artworks-ZVzqPmzwbNzzarxB-AlPX8Q-t500x50

Round 1 - A Group Critiques!

Red Velvet - Marionette  

this feels like peek-a-boo's grownup sister- the instrumental is really interesting, and of course the vocal queens devoured.

HAIM - Falling 

HAIM has never been my thing.. and this is.. annoyingly long and one note. it's a major NO from me.

Erika De Casier - Drama 

this was cute. I love how stripped down this production is.

YESSSSS! I love this song - I discovered it through Canada's Drag Race, and it slaps! Great choice.

Kylie Minogue - Magic

the absolute smash this song is.. you really came out SWINGING. straight to the TOP!

not my favorite from this group - the song itself isn't bad.. it's just not really my taste.

Kesha - Cannibal

I love early 2010s Kesha party music, and this is top tier.

Katy Perry - Roar

I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than this garbage ****. straight to the BOTTOM!

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

this has a very calming feeling to it, almost like you're driving down a road with the windows down type of vibe. I love the instrumental! 

Mariah Carey - Emotions

as much I want to drag you for choosing an obvious entry.. this song is jus too damn legendary.

Amy Winehouse - Rehab

a classic for rightful reasons. Amy was so talented <3

Mitski - Happy

what kind of torture device is this song.. the instrumental randomly cranking to a 14 volume halfway through the song. girl abso-*******-lutely not now, not ever.

Ciara - Goodies

the way this still sounds so modern.. the absolute smash this song is... [2]. 

come through key modulation! I actually really liked this, has a discoy-summer vibe to it. love love the instrumental.

I actually liked this, pleasantly surprised by how it was starting! she has a great voice.

Troye Sivan - Wild: Not bad at all. 

Shygirl - Woe: Pretty memorable. 

Kelsea Ballerini - Graveyard: Not into this. 

Madonna - Music: I don't have nostalgia for this song but it's fine. 

Lianne La Havas - Bittersweet: Wish her music was more interesting cuz she has a good voice.

Fergie - Fergalicious: Great staple song. Surprised by its song length cuz it doesn't feel that long. 

Selena Gomez - Rare: Def sounds like a charli demo. 

Mariah Carey - Fantasy: Auto-win

Samia - Pool: Takes like a minute before the song starts and it's not worth sitting though. 

Christina Perri - bluebird: Very boring, no thanks. 

Frank Ocean - Nikes: Don't care for the vocal effects but the 2nd half of the song gets good. 

Beabadoobee - Care: I keep hearing her songs but they never leave a lasting impression. 

The Veronicas - Untouched: I get the acclaim for this. It packs a punch. 

G-Idle - Tomboy: Doesn't have many appealing qualities for me. 

Alvvays - Pharmacist: Decent enough 

Troye Sivan - WILD: not bad but it did sound better back in 2015

Shygirl - Woe: she's mother for that... i don't know what else to say

Kelsea Ballerini - Graveyard: this wasn't as bad as I expected it would be. a cute surprise

Madonna - Music: BOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Lianne La Havas - Bittersweet: gorgeous

Fergie - Fergalicious: it's good but i'm kinda over a certain type of smash hits being used on ATRL games

Selena Gomez - Rare: her best opener and her best album :clap3: not everybody gets it but I do

Mariah Carey - Fantasy: now this is the type of smash hits i WANT to listen to on ATRL games

Samia - Pool: i'm in awe. this is such a beautiful, how come i never heard of this? added it to my liked songs and i may or may not have shed a tear listening to it. this might be a risky entry so i congratulate whoever sent this. breathtaking

Christina Perri - Bluebird: dog sh*t.

Frank Ocean - Nikes: BEST SONG EVER.

Beabadoobee - Care: heard this for the first time some weeks ago and it BOPS

The Veronicas - Untouched: not a big fan of The Veronicas and this didn't convince me 

(G)I-DLE - TOMBOY: HHHHy7h5YURFHEVYHYERGY7ERVGEY7RVGRWYEHDCY7EWHCDWHEFY7RGVRFY7FVGY7VG7W7YFGWY7DECGWIQXKQWODH437TFHJWERFU8YH482UCHY7VRHFENFY7REBCENJIVBU83RIENG8TURF9MINBYVGNEBVN2EUFVHNCYTUIROEMGNREMIWDONTEURWIECWOMNUIRVOEFN9IYO0TP'LMO6UKN94VH8YGETWXFT67YWEVNIT,BO0TMB8VYGRBFECT6VW6VBCN3RUMYB65O0HUMY84HVT62ETVR3T6R7YVTNMO0N,O0NBM4Y83BRVTCV2CDRV3RGNVMHINM59UNBY73BRVCFT62VCT63VRGY7VBT8VGBT4BYVNUIRMEFC9INI49IRMEU8YVNVGY8U4NTWVW94VGNU84YBNV3UWRVNU83NVWU8GNBRTNBUIEWIEGTN

Alvvays - Pharmacist: COLLAPSE

Troye Sivan - Wild

wow i haven't listened to this for quite some time. it still sounds great tho and whew, what a throwback. rlly enjoyed this! we'll see how it will place in my rankings after i listen to all the songs :) also, i didn't know that they made the alessia version the one in the playlist????? woah.

Shygirl - Woe

this is one of the tracks that keeps getting better as the song grows. whew, i love the vibes and even though theres some part that i didn't enjoy, i still ended up liking it a lot!!!

Kelsea Ballerini - Graveyard

i like some of kelsea's music and this is such an interesting and kinda a risky choice. don't know if it will pay off, but at least it's kinda cute!

Madonna - Music

hmm! idk it's kinda meh :/ maybe i don't have any feelings attached to this. it's a bop but it's quite meh for me. pretty neutral. mixed. wow feelings are complicated!!! idk what's happening. the production towards the ends also kinda annoying.

Lianne La Havas - Bittersweet

gorgeous voice, gorgeous song! love miss lianne la havas, what a mother.

Fergie - Fergalicious

big bop as the kids say. love when AMAZING classics were sent in the song sending game. like, it's just so good. and i love to hear it every time :lakitu:

Selena Gomez - Rare

i think this was like one of the standouts from the album when i first heard it. it's cute and literally so harmless. what a cute bop, selena did that.

Mariah Carey - Fantasy

big bop as the kids say. love when AMAZING classics were sent in the song sending game. like, it's just so good. and i love to hear it every time :lakitu: [2] i hear winner.... congratulations omg.

Samia - Pool

hmmm. i don't know.

Christina Perri - bluebird

yall were too harsh on this song! it's not like one of the best, yes but it's far from the worst of the group tbh. her voice is so good. haven't listened to this album tho but i think this one is cute.

Frank Ocean - Nikes

sorry but this is quite boring for me :cries: wait okay yea the second part of the song is quite a serve. thank god for that part!

Beabadoobee - Care

whew this is such a great song. that chorus slaps and when it hits CARE! CARE! CARE! i literally felt that. i think this is a great submission and yep, i've seen the light and i like this song.

The Veronicas - Untouched

big bop as the kids say. love when AMAZING classics were sent in the song sending game. like, it's just so good. and i love to hear it every time :lakitu: [3]

G-Idle - Tomboy

WOAH THIS IS KINDA GREAT???? :rockon: i gasped when the song started. literally, it's just so good and i didn't expect that, wow wow!

Alvvays - Pharmacist

hmm i think this is a good song but it needs some time to grow on me.

Let me start by saying y'all sent quite a few of my favorite songs, like 3 or 4 here would probably be on my top 100 fave songs of all time list :deadbanana2: 

Red Velvet - Marionette 
I like it's vibe, it's kind of dark and circus-y, it paints a fun mental picture and is kind of a bop too. 

HAIM - Falling
One of my favorite HAIM songs :heart2: 

Erika De Casier - Drama
A chill vibe, a lovely bop, a great gaymers discovery :jamming: 

It's fun and bops, a little generic feeling but I bop :jamming: 

Kylie Minogue - Magic
Kylie's best song since Get Outta My Way tbh  

A classic, I remember hearing this song and getting in my feels as a young teen, very nostalgic for me

Kesha - Cannibal
A big bop, queen of rap :clap3: 

Katy Perry - Roar
It's still cute, not amazing, but will always be iconic for the vs. Gaga stuff and MaRy's Brave prediction :deadbanana2:

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
Such a classic, an amazing song, one of the best from the 90s, still can't believe it's a cover song though

Mariah Carey - Emotions
Perfect song, vocals, classic, bop, everything etc

Amy Winehouse - Rehab
I still love Amy, listening to her is bittersweet, this is a classic to me

Mitski - Happy
I hate the danky sounding saxophone? noise in this song, it hurts my ears, other than that it's fine

Ciara - Goodies
Another classic :jonny: crunk n' b masterpiece, even Petey is tolerable 

One of my favorite Carly songs, lucky you have me here :heart2: 

This was nice, I liked it and her voice and the guitar, but it's at a disadvantage b/c idk her or this song at all and it's sent here with so many songs I know and love already, hard to compete :emofish: 

Julia’s FACTS x
spacer.png

Red Velvet - Marionette

I usually hate k pop but this song is interesting enough to caught my attention and not hating it. Love the atmosphere it has tho like that spooky vibe because it definitely stands out. So good job ig?

HAIM - Falling

They have always been hit or miss for me. And this is a hit x far from being my fave here though but it’s fine x

Erika da Casier - Drama

I'm a fool for sweet songs with garage beats and delicate voices so I really love this! I think Pink Pantheress does it better but anyway still good!

This is the girl from Got 2 Luv U? Whew loved that song! This not that much. I mean it sounds dated and uninspired but it’s not bad? it has some interesting elements but that’s it 

Kylie Minogue - Magic

This is so cute and gay tbh always liked it but never loved it tho

The early 2000's rock pop was a good time to be alive! But in retrospective now a lot of those songs sounds very samey. But this is cute x

Kesha - Cannibal

Iconic and one of the best camp songs made ever! There’s a reason why this gained traction on TikTok and had a resurgence on charts without being a single x good job sweetie 

Katy Perry - Roar

Never liked this kinder garden bop tbh 

Natalie Imbruglia - Torn

This is urethral and beautiful! Always loved this since I was a baby since my mom used to listen to this song a lot x 

Mariah Carey - Emotions

Iconic and groundbreaking! That whistle notes are immaculate… got me feeling emotions and not the one were I feel good cos I don’t feel bad you know? REAL EMOTIONS 

Amy Winehouse - Rehab

Not my fave song by her but I like it. It’s kind of shady in retrospective and it’s iconic. It takes me back when it was released and it was all over MTV… good song!

Mitski - Happy

I’m an artsy indie alternative heaux gal so this is for me. It’s far from being my fave Mitski song tbh but I remember listening to this album a lot on 2019 when I was depressed af so I have a lot of things attached to this somehow. So I’m gonna help you to not be eliminated because you don’t deserve it 

Ciara - Goodies

This is so fun and sexy! Love this!

Always loved this infectious and cute bop x 

this is beautiful! as I stated before I’m an artsy indie alternative faux gal so this was made for me and I’ll try to save you from took a risk. You are brave x 

Edited by Julia Fox

round one

FiFgnuTWYAMusZr?format=jpg&name=medium

Troye Sivan - Wild - not good!!!

Shygirl - Woe - great. love this album.

Kelsea Ballerini - Graveyard - it's fine. nothing special about it.

Madonna - Music - great song, yup!

Lianne La Havas - Bittersweet - her voice is impressive. not the most interesting song to me though.

Fergie - Fergalicious - iconic! i've always loved her and this song UwU.

Selena Gomez - Rare - iconic! queen of pop rare(ly) misses <3

Mariah Carey - Fantasy - very pretty and cute!

Samia - Pool - this one's really nice!! never heard it before.

Christina Perri - bluebird - not a fan.

Frank Ocean - Nikes - horrid.

Beabadoobee - Care - cute. i love her voice.

The Veronicas - Untouched - ICONIC!!

G-Idle - Tomboy - classic.

Alvvays - Pharmacist - it's alright.

Marionette - The “Haunted Nutcracker” vibe of the song is nice, but I find myself immediately forgetting what I listened to by the time it’s over. 

Falling - This isn’t my favorite HAIM track but it’s pleasant enough. 

Drama - I still haven’t gotten fully aboard the Erika train like some of the other Games Section girlies have,  but I do like this. 

Happiness - Not the Drag Race Canada song. Anyway this sounds like a demo that would later be passed on to Little Mix.

Magic - Definitely one of the highlights from this album 

Everywhere - Wow you really pulled this from the recesses of my mind. Excellent. 

Cannibal - I’ve never really been as enamored with Old-School Kesha as the rest of ATRL. This is kinda whatever to me.

Roar - I was obsessed with the lyric video for this as a kid. Not my favorite Katy song but it holds up well. 

Torn - Such a great, quintessential 90s song

Emotions - There are a few Mariah songs I like more, but a definite classic

Rehab - Winner.  

Happy - I wasn’t previously familiar with this track, but it definitely works for me. Good job. 

Goodies - I was so obsessed with this song in 9th grade for some reason. Will be ranked very well. A Rotunda-specific Classic.

Julien - This has never been a stand-out Carly track for me, but this was pleasant enough. 

Doomsday - Phoebe already has daughters I see. The production is a little “grander” than I would like for a track like this, but still a nice entry. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.