• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• anti-bitch

• ClashAndBurn

• FameFatale

The fact that this isn't even being reported world wide, people are just used to it from Americans I guess...

RIP to the victims. 

1 minute ago, Severus Snape said:

The fact that this isn't even being reported world wide, people are just used to it from Americans I guess...

RIP to the victims. 

This just happened though. And it's the middle of the night in the US. this is gonna spread.

i hope this sparks another round of conversation about anti- hate speech and gun control.

It’s crazy that these mass shooting have become so normalised that this story will probably stop being reported on in like a week or so. America is so f*cked with their gun laws.

2 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

This just happened though. And it's the middle of the night in the US. this is gonna spread.

i hope this sparks another round of conversation about anti- hate speech and gun control.

Nah. People cared more about the Pulse shooting in 2016 because it was carried out by a Muslim and there were over 40 of us killed. 5 is a drop in the bucket, and after the Uvalde shooting barely resulted in anything, there's been almost no coverage of any of the daily mass shootings since then. Gays are also second-class citizens in the US, so even more reason for the press to just quietly move on from this and not cover it since it's not going to drive clicks for them.

Sadly, as a non US resident this feels just like another normal day in America, nothing ever seems to change. RIP to the victims and I hope those injured are able to recover.

12 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

First of all, the conversation is useless and has been going on for decades. Second of all, as long as the NRA keeps the power is has right now, nothing will change. And even then, US politics and even citizens are brainwashed into thinking this is normal and okay. Gun control will never happen in the US. 

Feeling terrible for the families of the people lost and a community who has been traumatized. It’s simply heartbreaking to think that this will become another blip in a mass of fatal mass shootings. 

1 hour ago, Reginald said:

F**k every single politician, media outlet, RELIGION, corporation, etc who encourages, or profits from hatred and division 

They don't need to even create laws outlawing homosexuality when there's a rabid base of Americans eager to kill us on sight. 

:clap3:**** them all :clap3:

As far as the conversation here, I'm not sure what qualifies as "sustained mainstream media coverage" nowadays and what based on proportion to another incident is deserved or not isn't really a productive exercise. It is still 6am EST in this country as of this post, which doesn't help matters. Pulse was a sustained shootout with the sensationalized terrorism angle that the right seized on during the rise of Trump to also make a closeted lover argument on (which I guess based on the Wiki page has never been resolved?)

Having worked on the Hill all I've got to say is that Gun reform of any meaning isn't happening in my lifetime nor will there be a proper direction and application of the supposed mental health funds Biden hyped, as warning signs are ignored, red flags are not implemented properly, body cameras are turned off, Fraternal Orders insist on keeping qualified immunity, mental health professionals leave the profession in droves, not enough are hired nor are available at universities in the middle of a years-long mental-health crisis for that age group, and Trump's appointed judges lower the age threshold as well as allow those with domestic violence statutes and the mentally ill to have firearm access.

The one productive thing to do in your own lives is to monitor the situation in your friend and family circles for any mental health challenges and those that keep guns in their home or conceal carry (even if the latter do insist they're "law-abiding" doesn't matter when it comes to suicide and parental/spousal threats and abuse). That's all I've got, my two cents. 

RIP to the victims

May the disgusting killer have a slow and painful death

There will be more thoughts and prayers and nothing will happen. Americans didn't even care enough to make any real changes when it was children dying in Uvalde and pro-gun Greg Abbott ending up winning in Uvalde county.

https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-pro-gun-gov-abbott-won-uvalde-despite-school-shooting-2022-11

The only real question is whether the police took him to get Burger King on the way to the station or not.

RIP to all the victims.

If only there was a way to significantly reduce the odds of things like this happening.

Terrible :sad:

RIP to the deceased 

Omg thats so terrible. RIP to all the victims. :sad: 

But it's crazy how **** like this is no longer shocking..

These people went out to dance and enjoy themselves with friends, dates and partners, only to never return home or suffer life changing injuries. It’s ABSURD how much we have normalized these acts of violence as societies. Rest in peace, angels. 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

Shooter has been identified.  He was already known to police because of bomb threats last year.

Edit: Photo was not suspect.
Edited by BeenTheShit
suspect photo

JustLikeHoney

Another shooting. 

Another "thoughts & prayers"

Another "this is not the right time to talk about gun reform."

Another "if they were armed they could have survived." 

Another " but the gun was obtained illegally"

I am so tired. We are all so tired. All those beautiful lives cut short. All that greatness and love lost. 

Edited by JustLikeHoney

The American legal and political systems are truly a lost cause imo. This event is sad but unfortunately no longer shocking at all

This is the direct result of the absurd conservative agenda that has been ongoing about trans people and drag queens and the need to keep people safe from either or both, which certain individuals have bizarrely took it upon themselves to contribute to. This is why anybody who entertains or even remotely feeds into these faux “conversations” is DISGUSTING. You literally are aiding the murdering of queer people. Even worse when it is coming directly from the community itself. Shame on them all. 

Living in the states isn’t always safe for everyone because guns are almost within everyone’s reach. If I was living in the US, I’d be more careful. RIP to all the victims :cries: and I wish a speedy recovery to those injured. :heart:

Edited by A.R.L

Imagine a society where you can build bombs in your home and threaten to detonate them while holding people captive... get arrested and charged with multiple severe felonies... and then a year later somehow be free and be able to obtain semi-automatic weapons to commit a mass murder. He should have already been locked away with no bail, some heads are gonna roll over this.

Someone needs to just take one for the team and KILL that Libs of TikTok ***** because **** like this is absolutely her fault

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.