5 dead, 18 injured in mass shooting in gay club, Colorado Springs

DONTYELLATME

3 minutes ago, Literature said:

Yeah? Well i'm not convinced. He killed 5 people, he's guilty 1000000%, he deserves the death penalty end of story as far as im concerned. They can make exceptions for obvious mass murderers. 

Other than revenge, what is the point? You're asking the state to drain more resources to give the guy an easy way out. Personally, the bloodlust makes death penalty enthusiasts look just as evil to me as the perpetrators themselves. :michael: 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• anti-bitch

• ClashAndBurn

• BeenTheShit

31 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Other than revenge, what is the point? You're asking the state to drain more resources to give the guy an easy way out. Personally, the bloodlust makes death penalty enthusiasts look evil to me as the perpetrators themselves. :michael: 

So is the death penalty is too much of a punishment or not enough of a punishment? Depending on who you talk to the answer flips :coffee2:

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

The death penalty is infinitely more expensive than life in prison. And morally the death penalty shouldn’t even exist.

We’ve gone over this with you when the Parkland shooter decision took place.

how is the death penalty more expensive?  Don't you have to feed an inmate 3 times a day for 40+ years?

1 hour ago, spree said:

how is the death penalty more expensive?  Don't you have to feed an inmate 3 times a day for 40+ years?

They have the right to appeal and the state has to spend millions trying to defend the sentencing and it takes years for cases to go by and numerous steps. It has a lot of numerous and tedious steps.

Edited by DONTYELLATME

On 11/21/2022 at 10:42 PM, Pop Life said:

My only hope is that I can find a way to permanently leave before it's too late

me too, sis, me too. 

a not insignificant number of Americans truly want us dead.

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

a not insignificant number of Americans truly want us dead.

The comments section for the New York Times Instagram post about the shooting looks like this

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And then Twitter reactions…

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And yet some of the gays here still think the fascists will care that “they’re one of the good ones throwing the trans people under the bus!” :skull: They see us all as degenerates. The distinction means nothing to them. “Oh but maybe we should put an end to trans self-identification so the whole community doesn’t look bad” fascists DO NOT ACTUALLY CARE! They are NOT reasonable! They WILL come for you no matter what!

Buy a gun. Protect yourself. Protect your community. That’s all I have to say.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but see some queer influencers and blogs turning the words of the shooter's dad into some sort of joke is really exhausting to see, like, you're telling me that people died and several posts of content on your page is focused on some homephobic bullshit condoning this tragedy? I JUST saw someone making it a soundbite on Tiktok. I know it was unbelievably absurd, but c'mon now. 

Mainstream media is already filled with queerphobia, queer spaces should be safe for people to mourn.

Edited by Scars

5 hours ago, Thuggin said:

The comments section for the New York Times Instagram post about the shooting looks like this

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And yet some of the gays here still think the fascists will care that “they’re one of the good ones throwing the trans people under the bus!” :skull: They see us all as degenerates. The distinction means nothing to them. “Oh but maybe we should put an end to trans self-identification so the whole community doesn’t look bad” fascists DO NOT ACTUALLY CARE! They are NOT reasonable! They WILL come for you no matter what!

legit terrifying. why are people

so hateful. i despair :emofish:

22 hours ago, Communion said:

You're posting in a thread about a shot up gay club ranting about the dangers of trans people. Trust me, me telling you about yourself is far more polite and kind than you deserve. I suggest detoxing from whatever right-wing media you constantly consume that made you decide in the first place that some edgy hot take about gender identity was appropriate. 

5 people are dead and you think the thing to take away from that is that being trans should require some kind of transmedicalist proof while the people who cheered on and caused this mass murder want to deny trans people the right to even physically transition at all. Touch grass, I beg you. Worried about "jabs" when you're being a transphobic bigot :deadbanana4:

So you’re unhinged AND you can’t read. Where in my post did I say anything regarding “trans”? I said non-binary. And since there is no standard way to prove who is and isn’t non-binary, people can just claim it and we have to accept it as such…as in this case. 

Furthermore, you really should start asking someone for more clarity on their position instead of rushing to be offended and climbing up on your digital soapbox to talk down and insult them.

So my point stands, you’re irrationally angry all the time and you need to take a break…for your own mental health. This type of online aggression is not normal. You’re weird 

Edited by Ari29

24 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Where in my post did I say anything regarding “trans”? I said non-binary. And since there is no standard way to prove who is and isn’t non-binary, people can just claim it and we have to accept it as such…as in this case. 

1) Non-binary people are trans and the rhetoric you're using makes no sense. There are binary trans people who undergo no physical transition and nonbinary people who do. Like I get that being a edgelord is your 'thing' and then lashing out as others offended by the gross **** you say on here repeatedly, but at least have some kind of coherent argument.

2) You're such a werido conservative for doing this trolling on a thread bout a mass murder. How unhappy can you be? :deadbanana4:

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, Communion said:

1) Non-binary people are trans and the rhetoric you're using makes no sense

People on this site struggle immensely to understand that for some reason. Posts arguing against this coming in 3, 2… :rip:

14 hours ago, Thuggin said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

You know what, I have the day off and I've got time. Let me save these screenshots and open LinkedIn.

Some people are going to become unemployable today.

I also know a lot of people with elite university connections so let me email them as well so they can forward to the admissions departments. A lot of these accounts look like they're teenagers. Guess who is about to get blacklisted from top schools.

Heartbreaking, literal people enjoying themselves having to try to save others from an evil murderer.

Hate speech, hate beliefs, hate politics are not "opinions," they're an informant for active violence, they lend cover for the actively violent and they will result in the deaths of citizens.

This is the natural end result of a nation that has allowed bigots to openly recruit, militarize and excuse the violent side of humanity. This a country that doesn't reign in its dogs. Conservatives do not want to participate in a free world while queer people live in it. This will not be the last of their efforts being realized.

My heart hurts for the families and friends of the victims and also to everyone who has an ounce of empathy left and was hurt by this event. The fight continues and the enemy only wins when we stop fighting them.

On 11/24/2022 at 10:47 PM, Protocol said:

You know what, I have the day off and I've got time. Let me save these screenshots and open LinkedIn.

I also know a lot of people with elite university connections so let me email them as well so they can forward to the admissions departments. A lot of these accounts look like they're teenagers. Guess who is about to get blacklisted from top schools.

do it asap, we're counting on you; though tbh i dont think any of these lowlives are going to be applying to university anyway, let alone an elite one

Edited by ButterflyXIII
who cares

On 11/24/2022 at 4:47 PM, Protocol said:

:clap3::clap3::clap3:

l wishing every homophobe and transphobe a world of pain and suffering :heart2:

On 11/24/2022 at 5:47 PM, Protocol said:

doin da Lord's work i see, any updates?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.