Is Dua now a bigger MPG than Billie?

Entity

Dua and Billie are both two of the biggest MPGs that debuted in the past 5 years, both releasing their first major album/ep in 2017.

Many would argue that Billie was the biggest act from this batch of MPGs, but as we head into 2023, do you think the tides have shifted such that Dua is bigger than Billie at this point? 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kyoto

• Xder

• Selenasworld

• bad guy

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Gaga and Rihanna in the early-10s.

NO

Billie stomps in album sales, acclaim, touring, GP recognition

Dua might have an advantage in the number of hits but it's debatable since Billie's hits might end up bigger in the long run

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Avril and P!nk in the early-00s.

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Mozart and Beethoven in the late-1700s.

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Tchaikovsky and Lizst in the mid-1700s.

Not sure about Billie but waayy bigger, relevant, and more important than gaga and Camila for sure:giraffe:

Edited by Stan.killah

20 minutes ago, Stan.killah said:

Not sure about Billie but waayy bigger, relevant, and more important than gaga and Camila for sure:giraffe:

What the hell :ahh:what are you smoking I want some too. 

Yeah Billie is a one hit wonder sorry. Not a pop girl either, more like a persona hijacker from more impactful musicians 

Theres a very fine difference between Dua and Billie.

Dua is very Katy adjacent in the sense that she has wide GP appeal and also has a tinge of Rihanna's edgy sex appeal.

Billie is a way bigger force online and has a larger dedicated fanbase but simply due to the lack of inescapable smashes I think her name recognition across the board is weaker.

I mention name recognition because while Billie is bigger with Gen Z by a long shot everyone who knows Billie Eilish from Gen Z will know who Dua Lipa is (vice versa). The differentiating factor is the millennial/boomer gen, and Dua probably edges her out there in terms of celebrity. (She has that Cold Heart song, DSN, NR, OK, Levitating, etc. All GP approved smashas)

Edited by MingYouToo

Billie and Dua are both huge I would say Billie is still bigger cuz Dua Lipa isn't close to Billie's success in the USA especially when you compare their solo hits in the USA that is still the #1 market other than that they both are global acts

In resume Billie is still the best selling between both 

Edited by Selenasworld

57 minutes ago, Devin said:

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Mozart and Beethoven in the late-1700s.

Of all the comparisons you could've come up with you decided to pull one from the 18th century? I'm screaming :skull:

Billie still feels bigger stateside, but Dua probably has the upper hand in Europe and perhaps Latin America.

15 minutes ago, Negev said:

What the hell :ahh:what are you smoking I want some too. 

Yeah Billie is a one hit wonder sorry. Not a pop girl either, more like a persona hijacker from more impactful musicians 

This is the type of delusion I expect on ATRL :swan:

Let me know when gaga's solo songs reach the peak and sales of Billie's singles :fan: and when she's able to win album of the year, record of the year, and song of the year at the grammys in one night :turkey:

When Dua get’s a #1 hit or at the very least an album in the Top 2 then maybe we can talk. Until then no.

Billie’s sold more albums, singles, grossed more in tours, has more acclaim, and is more known than Dua Lipa.

Edited by bad guy

1 minute ago, Stan.killah said:

This is the type of delusion I expect on ATRL :swan:

Let me know when gaga's solo songs reach the peak and sales of Billie's singles :fan: and when she's able to win album of the year, record of the year, and song of the year at the grammys in one night :turkey:

Writing dumb **** got you the attention you craved, but come on you can't be serious :rip: Dua and Billie are not comparable because Dua is a big time hustler promoting her music and putting work in since 2017 nobody handed her anything. She's been on tour for a year. Where is Billie? 

As far as Gaga goes... she's had a legendary award winning career and she's not a late 2010s fad like Miss Billie who is not going to have a hit again. She's got zero artistic identity or something unique that she does. Sorry. Olivia Rodrigo already stole her thunder 

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Avril and P!nk in the early-00s.

By that logic, Dua will become massive 5 years from now and serve longevity afterwards (scoring hit after hit with money-making tours), while Billie will fall off and fade into oblivion.:cm:

Edited by HBK-79

love Dua but I think Billie is bigger.

More grammys, she has 2 songs with 2B streams, big fanbase, GP actually recognized her, etc

2 hours ago, ATWK said:

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Gaga and Rihanna in the early-10s.

2 hours ago, Bloodflowers. said:

1 hour ago, Devin said:

1 hour ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Depends on the metric tbh. Dua is the bigger hitmaker, but Billie's albums are bigger events. I think we can compare it to Tchaikovsky and Lizst in the mid-1700s.

i am screaming :WAP:

50 minutes ago, bad guy said:

When Dua get’s a #1 hit or at the very least an album in the Top 2 then maybe we can talk. Until then no.

Billie’s sold more albums, singles, grossed more in tours, has more acclaim, and is more known than Dua Lipa.

I agree that Billie is bigger, but this is a silly hill to die on when we all know that a Year-End #1 is infinitely bigger than a single-week #1. If Bad Guy had peaked at #2 and missed out on its single week at #1, it wouldn't be any less of a smash hit.

Why are you guys saying that Billie albums are bigger when Dua has the two most streamed female albums of Spotify? Lmao, Dua is bigger :bam: 

Edited by k4rmabutterfly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.