Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald ϟ First Trailer!

561 posts in this topic

ed8b06aa-a390-4730-843f-679573ebdbeb.jpg

~~~~~~~9¾~~~~~~~

tumblr_inline_mml2wzARL61qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_mml41g0KEr1qz4rgp.pngHarryPotter_1.pngtumblr_inline_mmkttjLhlB1qz4rgp.pngtumblr_inline_mml2ejsw421qz4rgp.png

Spoiler

Website ϟ Twitter ϟ Instagram ϟ Wikipedia

Harry Potter is a British-American film series based on the Harry Potter novels by author J. K. Rowling. The series is distributed by Warner Bros. and consists of eight fantasy films, beginning with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) and culminating with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011). A spin-off prequel series will consist of five films, starting with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016). The Fantastic Beasts films mark the beginning of a shared media franchise known as J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World.

philosophers-stone-theatrical-poster.jpgharry_potter_and_the_chamber_of_secrets_2002.jpgmain.jpg900x1328_kdy4xi.jpga7717f7fdb00ebe9fa6546042a1b705e--david-yates-the-order.jpgharry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-movie-poster-2009-1020494981.jpg9581683_f03769db58e5da76b88d7aa96d053f80_xl.jpghp7_2_final_onesheet_poster-528x787.jpg

Fantastic-Beasts-logo-600x257.png

Spoiler

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is a 2016 fantasy film directed by David Yates. It is an extension of the wizarding world from the Harry Potter film series, and it was produced and written by J. K. Rowlingin her screenwriting debut, and inspired by her 2001 book of the same name. The film stars Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, with Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Samantha Morton, Jon Voight, Carmen Ejogo, Ron Perlman and Colin Farrell in supporting roles. It is the first installment in the Fantastic Beasts series, and the ninth overall in J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World, the franchise that began with the Harry Potter films.

Fantastic-Beasts-ART-4C-Comp.jpgFantastic-Beasts-The-Crimes-of-Grindelwald-poster.jpg?q=50&w=786&h=982&fit=crop

0019a7.png

Spoiler

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a two-part stage play written by Jack Thorne based on an original new story by Thorne, J. K. Rowling and John Tiffany. Previews of the play began at the Palace Theatre, London on 7 June 2016, and it officially premiered on 30 July 2016.

The story begins nineteen years after the events of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and follows Harry Potter, now a Ministry of Magic employee, and his younger son Albus Severus Potter, who is about to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

At the 2017 Laurence Olivier Awards, the London production received a record-breaking eleven nominations and an again record-breaking nine awards, including Best New Play, Best Actor, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Actress in a Supporting Role and Best Director.

1._Harry_Potter_and_the_Cursed_Child_London_2017-18__photo_credit_Manuel_Harlan.jpg?w=1200

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child London 2017-2018

dp.png.feb4b890fbea113d78b712fa3cb2e766.png

Spoiler

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

Release date - 16th November 2018

Website ϟ Twitter ϟ Instagram ϟ Wikipedia ϟ IMDb

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is an upcoming fantasy drama film produced by Heyday Films and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. A co-production of the United Kingdom and the United States, it is the sequel to the 2016 film Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It will serve as the second film instalment in the Fantastic Beasts series and the tenth overall in J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World, the franchise that began with the Harry Potter film series. The film is directed by David Yates, with a script by Rowling, and features an ensemble cast that includes Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner, and Claudia Kim. The plot follows Newt Scamander and Albus Dumbledore as they attempt to take down the dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald, as they face new threats in a more divided wizarding world.

Fantastic-Beasts-2-The-Crimes-of-Grindelwald.jpg

Cast first look

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2F000269620hr.jpg&w=1100&q=85

Exclusive first look

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2F000269621hr.jpg&w=1100&q=85

Behind the scenes look at Newt and Albus

First teaser

First teaser trailer

new thread, just in time for fantastic beasts to cross 800m :jonny: It did so well, anything over now is just incredible, #2 really has a shot at 1 billion  

Ugh Harry Potter is iconic. :heart2: CANT wait for FB #2.

Ugh im so mad i wasnt able to see FB in theaters :doc:

Fantastic Beasts is my favourite movie of 2016.

This was such a breath of fresh air. 

Loved everything about this.

So excited for the next 4 movies and to see where this goes 

ewww everything is so big and i don't know how to resize it :rip: 

6 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

ewww everything is so big and i don't know how to resize it :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Gills said:

thank you saint! although this seems like a pain :rip: what are the dimensions to make things look nice and fit on the page, ill have to play around with it.

Love the best-selling book series of all time. :heart2:

And 'Fantastic Beasts' was brilliant.

The only thing about fantastic beasts is that the special effects of most of the combat spells fell into the trap that the Harry Potter ones did. Endless flashes of a dull blue light, like please, its magic at least change the colour for spells that are supposed to be red (Stupify) instead of every combat spell looking the same.

4 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

The only thing about fantastic beasts is that the special effects of most of the combat spells fell into the trap that the Harry Potter ones did. Endless flashes of a dull blue light, like please, its magic at least change the colour for spells that are supposed to be red (Stupify) instead of every combat spell looking the same.

True. every spell was blue except Avada Kedavra 

2 minutes ago, AccioMiley said:

True. every spell was blue except Avada Kedavra 

Its annoying at this point. I'm surprised considering how detailed J-K is in her work that she hasn't raised the issue. 

1 minute ago, PhreshDiamond said:

Its annoying at this point. I'm surprised considering how detailed J-K is in her work that she hasn't raised the issue. 

I think she just gave up by the 4th film. I mean they couldnt even digitally make dans eyes green ffs, and im sure she just let it go lol

1 minute ago, AccioMiley said:

I think she just gave up by the 4th film. I mean they couldnt even digitally make dans eyes green ffs, and im sure she just let it go lol

I remember an interview where one of the directors told the story of how Dan reacted badly to green contacts :rip: I don't know if the technology was good enough back in 2001 for them to CGI his eye green for the whole film and make it look real. I think JKR said as long as the emphasis was placed on his eyes being the same as his mothers, the actual colour wouldn't matter as much.

But yeah, I'm sure her control over the original set of movies diminished significantly as they went along, some of the choices that were made for the films were bizarre :rip: The order of the phoenix being the shortest film from the longest and most detailed book being one of them. Would it have killed them to actually show some of the battling in  the department of mysteries rooms? Such a thrilling part of the book with all those rooms.

Or all that focus on the twilight teas love story mess in the 6th and the random burrow attack that had no consequences or point, when the battle of the Astronomy tower was left out (and Dumbledoors funeral) 

wow sorry for the rant I didn't even notice :rip: 

9 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

I remember an interview where one of the directors told the story of how Dan reacted badly to green contacts :rip: I don't know if the technology was good enough back in 2001 for them to CGI his eye green for the whole film and make it look real. I think JKR said as long as the emphasis was placed on his eyes being the same as his mothers, the actual colour wouldn't matter as much.

But yeah, I'm sure her control over the original set of movies diminished significantly as they went along, some of the choices that were made for the films were bizarre :rip: The order of the phoenix being the shortest film from the longest and most detailed book being one of them. Would it have killed them to actually show some of the battling in  the department of mysteries rooms? Such a thrilling part of the book with all those rooms.

Or all that focus on the twilight teas love story mess in the 6th and the random burrow attack that had no consequences or point, when the battle of the Astronomy tower was left out (and Dumbledoors funeral) 

wow sorry for the rant I didn't even notice :rip: 

Lol true, and i guess they felt they couldnt just randomly change his eye color once the technology progressed. and i completely agree about OOTP. i would have loved a scene with those freaky brains or even nevilles broken nose. im just hoping for a tv series reboot down the road 

4 minutes ago, AccioMiley said:

Lol true, and i guess they felt they couldnt just randomly change his eye color once the technology progressed. and i completely agree about OOTP. i would have loved a scene with those freaky brains or even nevilles broken nose. im just hoping for a tv series reboot down the road 

ugh the smashing of the time-turners as well, the spinning room with Hermione marking the doors, the kids almost dying to the death eaters so many times and barely being able to fight them off, so many little things missed.

4 minutes ago, PhreshDiamond said:

ugh the smashing of the time-turners as well, the spinning room with Hermione marking the doors, the kids almost dying to the death eaters so many times and barely being able to fight them off, so many little things missed.

:weeps:

I just watched this movie yesterday.

It was very good, a lot darker than most HP movies, probably intended for a more mature audience.

I read that the second movie will focus on that Credence guy and what happened to him later on, that could be very interesting. I wish these movies came out faster, more than 1 year until we get to the next one.

Just now, AbeHicks said:

I just watched this movie yesterday.

It was very good, a lot darker than most HP movies, probably intended for a more mature audience.

I read that the second movie will focus on that Credence guy and what happened to him later on, that could be very interesting. I wish these movies came out faster, more than 1 year until we get to the next one.

Spoiler

Yeah, there was a small wisp of the obscurus (sp?) :rip:  that escaped the subway and floated away (Voldemort teas) into the air, so I'm sure Credence will reform and be explored more as a character. 

Fantastic beasts #1 spoiler ^ 

The drought will be horrible with a film every 2 years, Hopefully she has other Wizarding World things lined up. :rip: 

I honestly didnt enjoy this movie very much when i saw it.:'( My niece loved it tho.

I liked how Newt was a Hufflepuff, that house has been at the receiving end of so many jokes over the years for not having fully defined traits like the other 3. It would be nice if Hufflepuff was seen as the house where people with an affinity/connection to magical Animals/Nature end up, like Newt.

I feel like that would connect with a heck of a lot more people than being "nice" or "good at finding things" does :rip: 

The movie wasn't that great I think it's ok and I'm saying this as a die hard Harry Potter fan .

Anything related to Harry Potter World will make huge Money :1stplace:

The movie did so well  and especially when you think how bad promotion was for the movie.Also this movie 

has nothing to do with Harry's story so WB must be very happy.

WB did have way WAY bigger promotion for Suicide Squad and Batman Vs Superman.

The future movies in this franchise need that kind of promotion.So hopefully the next ones make more and more money.